PDA

View Full Version : Have Axel and Boat / Welder needed

Dug
24-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks to Brett I have the offer of a trailer axle and I already have a 10ft walker bay plastic boat

Is there anyone skilled or foolish enough to help me create a boat trailer next year?

I can do the dog work and buy the bits. I just need to get out on the water again SOON!!!!

cheers doug

thumps
24-12-2005, 01:48 PM
no roofrack on your car? :o

Dug
24-12-2005, 02:47 PM
just a bit too heavy for Margo to lift ;D

Zeeke
24-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Got a welder here..... know how to use one?

Tim

thumps
24-12-2005, 07:05 PM
rotflmao

merry christmas ;)

Dug
24-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Thanks thumps ;D ;D ;D

No Zeeke on idea and a trailer is not a good thing to practice on ;D ;D ;D

Zeeke
24-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Hey Doug, have you thought about a Rhino Rack?? standard roof rack with rollers and a winch to wind/roll boat on... a 1 person job and easy to do.. so you wouldnt break yourself or margo

Tim

cabfisher
24-12-2005, 09:21 PM
What type of car do you have ? dose it have gutter s on it for fixing a roof rack on .
I used to have one on my old kingswood & XB falcon .
where I had the two bars ( Roof rack )with center bar and a third cross bar on top of the front bar that was fix with a bolt on one side as so to swing back and to load from the side of the car , You would just tie the boat front to this third bar with some rope , Then lift the back end of the tinny up and walk it around untill it was in line with the other two cross bars , Then tie it all together .
I traveled many miles with it on top and never had any problins .
4-6 hp motor would fit in the boot of car
ifyou have any problins pm me and I ll give you my phone number ok cheers May be able to draw you a plan .
Cheers harry