PDA

View Full Version : Urangan Pier ' update '

Lucky_Phill
05-01-2006, 06:18 PM
I recieved an email from the Council regarding the " abatoir " on the Pier .

The person told me that the problem is taken seriously and " measures " are underway to try and combat the problem. She went on to say that a media campgain will highlight this.

Tonight on the local news, a headline story stated that " a popular website " and " slaughter house conditions " have been instrumental in bringing to the councils attention, the condition of the Pier. "Read, Topic on Ausfish and emails & letters & phone calls from Ausfish members. "

The council also stated that " knives have been pulled by territorial fisherpersons on the Pier " in relation to maintenance and council staff.

Sunfish have undertaken steps to attain a grant for a fish cleaning facility at the Pier, but further and more importantly, Council will NOW start to Fine pollution and litter offenders.

To those that took the time and effort to make the problem known, well done. This proves it once again...................People Power does work.

Let's hope the ferets that make the mess have seen the TV campgain and take note !

Cheers Phill

Lucky_Phill
05-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Here's the link for those that want to have a read of the original post/ topic.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1133081421

cheers Phill

Derek_Bullock
05-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Well done everyone.

Derek

land-lubber
05-01-2006, 08:25 PM
congrats and well done to everyone involved in the augmentation of this. i am very happy to hear this news, and may the pier remain open for many years to come and continue to produce the fish that it is so well known 4.

see u all at the end with the live herring. ;)
cheers

ShaneJ
05-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Phil
The HBCC council staff also told me that they had been reading the thread running on the forums at www.fishntales.com.au. Never the less its great that the council is finally going to do thier job.

Cheers
James

The Hervey Bay City Council council? Really?

Big_unit
05-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Aww bugga it all the bloody thing wont modify it but the delete button worked.

You know what I mean ya bloody wobbegong lover.

Anyways back to the issue at hand.

The link to that other site is - www.fishntales.com

Go and look in the forums, theres a lot of other crap happening out there on the pier that wasnt even bought up in the channel seven story.

Cheers
James

Lucky_Phill
05-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Yes, some Ausfishers are also members of fishntales, and I should have acknowledged that site as well. Sorry Mossy. Also, I am sure Sunfish have had some input.

Cheers Phill

rodbender
05-01-2006, 11:30 PM
Hi guys & girl's
That's great news it will stop the litter bugs in day light hours,when the inspector's are about. I cant see the HBC having the inspector's working of a night when most of the litter & rotting fish is left on the pier. o well one step at a time its great to see that HBC has taken the first step.
rodbender

Panda
06-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I am not familiar with Urangin Jetty, but I have heard of the problem and wonder if Closed circuit TV cameras would not make more people accountable?

People tend to act more responsibly when under scrutiny. Jetties are a relatively small confined space ideally suited to video coverage.

bevnarch
06-01-2006, 09:58 PM
gee panda it would take a lot of cams to cover this one 870 mtrs if i remember right.... ........ a live web cam would come in handy to see the bay conditions before i hook the boat up would be better arch