PDA

View Full Version : Caboolture river

Rainbowrunner
06-01-2006, 05:16 PM
How far and navigable in a decent tinnie can you go up the caboolture river? As far as the weir? obstacles?
What is the closest boat ramp to the top of the river?
I rang the caravan park on the highway and you must stay there to use their boat ramp.
Dont ever hear too much of reports from there.
Anyone fished it much?

Just_chips
06-01-2006, 06:06 PM
I tried once and seemed to run aground everywhere that I turned, sorry but I'm not much help.

I think the boat ramp I used was on Bakers Flat Road but it was a couple of years ago now and I haven't been game to try again.

Cheers Kev

lunar_c
06-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Been a few years but there is a ramp at Monty's on Beachmere Rd. If memory serves they used to charge a few dollars to launch there.
There is also a ramp further downstream somewhere at the end of Uhlman Rd.

Ben

Derek_Bullock
06-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Lived at Beachmere for ten years.

Boat ramps at Montys half way between Caboolture and Beachmere as described above. Two more boat ramps at Beachmere itself, one public and one private that you have to pay.

The one mentioned at the end of Uhlmann Road is on the south side of the river.

I had a 14 foot fibreglass boat and yes on a high tide you can go right to the weir at Caboolture. Like anywhere just take it easy until you get to know it.

There is good fishing right throughout the river.

Derek

daz35
06-01-2006, 09:46 PM
on a high tide i have been up past the highway bridge in a tinny hav also found good fishing the length of the river and some good crabbing at the moment i hear with bigger boat now just seems too much trouble for me too venture to far up though if the prawns come on up there late jan like last year i may make the effort

Rainbowrunner
07-01-2006, 07:45 AM
thanks guys, looking for windy day options as i am not too interested in the pine any more,
is it like the pine with gravel bars in the middle and in strange places or rocks sticking out in the river unmarked?
there must be some nice deep holes in some of those bends...