PDA

View Full Version : Public jetty in Yamba?

fender202
07-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Hi, planning a trip to Yamba next week and wondering if there was somewhere I could pull my boat up close to Yamba. We stay at illuka and sometimes zip accross the river to get shopping etc and handier than doing the 50k round trip! Rang the coast guard and the Marina but no luck so far.

Thanks in advance, Craig

mattooty
07-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Off the top of my head, there isnt any public jettys/pontoons close to town. Anchoring at whiting beach is an option if someone can stay on the boat, or trying behind the carvan park. Behind the caravan park would probably be the best bet. Putting out an anchor and then tying up on the rock wall at the park would be the way to go. Where abouts are you staying at yamba?
Matt

fender202
07-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Over at Iluka at the riverside van park. The van park in Yamba used to have a pontoon there, was great but apparently the council got wind they were liable for all sorts of things and removed it

theoldlegend
08-01-2006, 07:40 AM
Hi Fender,

Are you talking about the pontoon at the caravan park near the start of the wall?

Another option if you're going grocery shopping etc at Yamba is to get the ferry over. It leaves close to where you are at Iluka and I think it lands at Yamba near where the pilot boat is moored. From there it's only a short walk to the Yamba shops etc. I think it's a pretty regular service.

Just a thought.