PDA

View Full Version : Re: How wrong Seabreeze and Buoy Weather can be.

Reefmaster
07-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Seabreeze's wind report for the inner beacon

Reefmaster
07-01-2006, 09:06 PM
And also the Gold Coast wind report

skippa
07-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Weather's not an exact science Greg. But I know what you mean, the BOM gets quite a bagging when they (frequently) get it wrong. And seabreese has been way off the mark for a while now too.

Cheers,
Tony 8-)
PS Blowin and gusting a good 25-30 here in southern Redlands now.

Sportfish_5
07-01-2006, 09:24 PM
I think we were fishing on the same mark but I was there first LMAO ;D

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1136504814

Cheers

Greg

620sf
07-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Just looked at the weather before I read this greg and thought the same thing. The one thing about Seabreeze I notice is that it can change pretty radical within an hour of the last report.

Luke

Steven78
07-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Its a fault look at the wave hight and you will see that the data is wrong

Vic1
07-01-2006, 10:04 PM
I think the guys at Seabreeze have got a big wheel (similar to the ones dodgy mechanics have when it comes time to work out your bill). Spin it hard......ohh 25 knots today. Almost caught out by these guys last week.......lucky Cleveland Weather station was on the money

Reefmaster
07-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Lmao Greg ;D

Steven- It doesn't look like there is a fault to me ( besides them being way off with the prediction) as you can still have an increase in swell while we experience light winds on the coastline. If it was a fault then it looks like Seabreeze and Buoy weather is broken then. ;)

Greg

Heath
07-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Least Buoy weather got the swell right. :P

Reefmaster
08-01-2006, 08:13 AM
Bugger i think i just pressed the delete button accidently on the first and main post. :(

Just a quick note what this post was about- While lots of people bag the Bureau and praise Seabreeze and Bouy weather i thought this would be a good example of just how wrong they can be which is fairly often. The Bureau had a prediction of a strong wind warning which is over 33 knots while Seabreeze and Bouy weather had winds under 10 knots for most of the weekend.(and still predicting no wind as of this morning) Yet it has been blowing it's head off and Seabreeze's wind reports as shown above indicate a little more wind then there predicted 10 knots. :-? :o It's hard to imagine they could be so different in there predictions. >:(

DaneCross
08-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeh Greg, I noticed the exact same thing. The thought of heading out today even crossed my mind. All you had to do though was look at the obs and it was plain to see the predictions were very wrong... gotta give the prize to BOM this time round - much closer to the mark. So much for a good southerly blow though. Swinging back to the north tomorrow >:( I wouldn't mind all these non-fishing days if it was a solid SE'er keeping me at home :-/

Billo
08-01-2006, 02:00 PM
I would not ever say that ANY weather site is 100% accurate ....but buoyweather has without doubt ( IMO anyway ) had a higher accuracy rate then BOM .

12 months ago i would not have said that , but of the last 6 months BOM has quite consistently been out . But yes , they can ALL get it wrong and have been on many occasions