PDA

View Full Version : Keep it Coming!

Nathanrb4
09-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Decided to head to bed early tonight seeing as i start back at work tomorrow after the xmass break. There i was curled up in the air cond. when some banging woke me up! Not happy jan. Till i opened my eyes and noticed the flashing coming from my window! i know its not going to break the drought (or even fill the dam) but jees its nice to get a good lightning show in townsville for once! ;D

Darryl
09-01-2006, 07:05 AM
Ahh how i miss Home Hill and fishing for Barra in groper creek. :(

Good to see it's getting some sort of rainfall up there.

Darryl....

Leo_N.
09-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Yeah, freaked me out as well. Found my shade umbrella turned inside out in the pool this morning. Whoops!

I had just finished hand-watering the lawn too......damn these water restrictions and real estate agents that want the lawn maintained.....

We moved to Annandale at the end of last year, so probably not too far away from you again Nath. New boat should be ready soon.......

bushbeachboy
09-01-2006, 09:27 AM
70mm in my rain gauge this morning (Bushland Beach). The pool is full too. Normally I'd be a bit annoyed about that, but not this time. Bring it on!!!!!!!

brett_rokesky
09-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Cracker of a storm here in Yeppoon this morning at 5.30am.
There was a clap of thunder outside my window, fairdink i thought old mates house next door blew up. ( quickest i've ever got out of bed on a Monday morning)
good to see some good rain here a last :)

Mad_Barry
09-01-2006, 04:38 PM
That was some pretty aggressive lightening in Townsville last night. I wandered out on the verandah for a smoke to watch it, then got the bejesus scared outa me when one felt like it grounded right next to me, so I scampered back in the house like a crying school girl ;D

nonibbles
09-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Ahh ya big wusses! My 7y.o slept right through it. (been wondering for a while if I should get his ears checked :-/)
Can't wait 'til Feb if this keeps up. Fingers crossed.

juicyfruit
10-01-2006, 08:12 AM
62.8mm of rain in two days (Mackay)

*does happy rain dance*

Juicy

juicyfruit
10-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Nonibbles,

It woke my 7yr old (aka 'The Boss). We all then sat up and watched the lightening show. It was spectacular. She has a thing for rain and thunderstorms, might be because she never saw rain until she was 5yrs old, when I moved her from the bush to the coast.

Oooopppssssy, blabbered on. Your little one may just be a heavy sleeper and have nothing wrong with his hearing.

Juicy