PDA

View Full Version : Clontarf ramp dredging

SgBFish
11-01-2006, 02:21 PM
The Clontarf ramp needs to be dredged. Who is responsible for getting this done?
Its got the stage where it is unusable at low water. Is it the Redcliffe councils' responsibility or the State Government?
Cheers,
Scott

2iar
11-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Is there a sign at the ramp to indicate who it's operated by, eg Queensland Transport or Redcliffe City Council?

dfox
11-01-2006, 05:51 PM
I cant answer your question, but i must agree, it sure has silted up. It sure defeats the purpose of having such a good all weather ramp with big car park and good facilities when the water at the base of the ramp is to shallow to launch or retreive anything other then a surf board :-?

robersl
11-01-2006, 06:25 PM
I CAN TELL YOU

IT IS REDCLIFFE COUNCIL I RANG THEM UP 15MONTHS AGO ALL THEY DO IS SEND DOWN A ESCAVATOR AND DIG A HOLE AT THE END OF THE RAMP AND THAT MAKES IT WORSE AS THE DIGGER CAN ONLY DIG SO MANY METRE'S OUT FROM THE RAMP IT NEEDS TO BE DONE PROPERLY YOU MAY HAVE TO GET ONTO QLD TRANSPORT AND GET THEM TO HAVE A LOOK AND EXPLAIN THE SITUATION OR THEY WILL DO NOTHING COUNCIL TOLD ME THE DAY I RANG JUST DO NOT USE IT AT LOW TIDE BIT HARD WHEN YOU GO OUT AT HIGH TIDE AND COME BACK ON A 2 INCH LOW TIDE AND THERE IS 1O METRE'S OF WAIST DEEP SILT BEFORE THE RAMP AND NO WATER

SHANE