PDA

View Full Version : Re:  Police charge Boat driver with Neg POLL

imported_admin
08-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Without being presented with all the facts it is hard to say.

They obviously beleive they have a case as they have charged him. So now let the courts sort it out when presented with all the facts.

For all we know he may have asked several people and consulted and/or considered the BOM and other info and simply got caught out with bad info. Or he may have simply been neglegent.

I don't think it is up to computer armchair experts to make the decision or comment now that it is a legal matter.

brentasauros
08-01-2006, 04:56 PM
charge..him... :-/

Owen
08-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Hmmm
No responses?
Judging by the posts elsewhere, it could be because you left out a few of the favoured options.

[smiley=behead.gif]

[smiley=hanged.gif]

[smiley=whip.gif]

cheers,
Owen

Big_unit
08-01-2006, 10:00 PM
I agree with Steve, its not up to a bunch of blokes sitting at thier computers to make a decision. Some people have to much spare time.

Cheers
James

Sportfish_5
08-01-2006, 10:06 PM
James - too right, what a load of garbage this poll is

Greg

brentasauros
09-01-2006, 08:37 AM
nothing..wrong..with...the..poll..imo

brentasauros
09-01-2006, 08:38 AM
I agree with Steve, its not up to a bunch of blokes sitting at thier computers to make a decision. Some people have to much spare time.

Cheers
James

lol..what..a..backwards..statement.

asking..for..opinions..not..decisions..bloke

learn..to..read

Gazza
09-01-2006, 08:59 AM
I voted , no fine at all [smiley=smash.gif]

Ran out of petrol, by what, 2~10L ?

He was coming IN..... not out ?

ill-fitting PDF ? ........... SO WHAT ,are ours tailor-made?

was he worried,scared,swamped, imminient danger ? .....doesn't sound like a tenderboat ,although small and an early morning first-light planned? crossing, with unknown? deteriorating? conditions.

NOT GUILTY .......sh!t happens [smiley=smash.gif]
(have been to tilting stage, but never run out of petrol....yet) [smiley=hammer.gif]

DR
09-01-2006, 09:11 AM
As Steve said, we don't know the true facts. But we do know that journalists don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. For that reason i find it impossible to make a decision. I think the court will give him a slap on the wrist & tell him he should be more careful in future, they seem to do that with everyone else..

thumps
09-01-2006, 09:13 AM
I don't think it is up to computer armchair experts to make the decision or comment now that it is a legal matter.
Regards

Steve Brown
hence the closure of this poll

it was a legal matter from the first post of the original thread...yet has been commented on 73 times without this comment being made earlier

asking..for..opinions..not..decisions
brentosauros...rex

opinion seems to be ok( in the original form i.e the original thread that that had alot of opinion) but not in this one.

from the polled votes so far the opinion is that the authorities did the right thing...

and...he should do a saftey course....
thats a a positive responce to the needs of the public IMO and an issue that should be addressed

i see alot of arguement about what he did and didnt do wrong or right, but little in the way of positive responce that would improve his or anyone elses skills to rectify the problem.

maybe people would be a little less quick to judge a poll/topic if the gave it a chance to unfold.

whilst i agree I may not have been specific enough...or asked the more important questions....

it was purely an opinion poll

Big_unit
09-01-2006, 08:19 PM

Cheers
James

lol..what..a..backwards..statement.

asking..for..opinions..not..decisions..bloke

learn..to..read

Thats the way I interpreted the poll, a very backwards poll. Learn to respect other people views Gutterfish, cause you wont last long here otherwise.

Cheers
James

brentasauros
09-01-2006, 11:09 PM
::)

juicyfruit
10-01-2006, 07:54 AM
James,

Geeezzzz mate. That sounds like a threat :o :o

Your not pushing your 'posting number' weight around are you????

*kisses*

Juicy

Big_unit
10-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Nah Juicyfruit ya got that wrong, just trying to help Gutterfish understand that there is no need to carry on being an antagonistic smart@#se. Not all of us sit behind a computer being heroes. Most people on Ausfish and other well respected sites just wont tolerate it.

Cheers
James

juicyfruit
10-01-2006, 08:47 PM
James

Fairy-guts (fair enough).

You asked him to respect other ppls views, but in the same breathe, you shoved his right up where the sun don't shine.

Oh well.....just my opinion ;D ;D ;)

No harm done

Sandshoe hairy crutch (thank you very much)

*kisses*

Juicy

P.s. Did you watch 20/20 match last night? Damn it was good!!!!!

brentasauros
10-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Nah Juicyfruit ya got that wrong, just trying to help Gutterfish understand that there is no need to carry on being an antagonistic smart@#se. Not all of us sit behind a computer being heroes. Most people on Ausfish and other well respected sites just wont tolerate it.

Cheers
James

At..the..same..time..you..claim..that..anyone..who ..has..an.opinion..has..too..much..spare..time..on ..his..hands.
And..that..we..are..somehow..making..decisions..he re?
You..also..consider..a..totally..normal..poll..a.. very..backwards..one..
I..antagonised..you..buy..pointing..out..we..are.. having.a.discussion..not.making..decisions?
you..also..disrespected..the..original..poster..by ..posting..such..a..negative..response,..
Who..are..you..to..talk..about..respect.
I..think..your..deluded,..and..a..hypocrite..and.. your..the..one..that..has..too..much..time..on..hi s..hands

you..are..not..your..post..count..and..you..acted. .like..a..clown...from..the..word..go.
now..take..ya..foot..outa..ya..big..mouth

Big_unit
10-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Hmmm you want to talk about posts, you have an average of 13.5 posts per day. Usually guys like you are fly by night sh!@ stirrers that end up being banned from the site. I really dont know why I am bothering, I like this site and dont like seeing people come in and cause trouble. You seem to be a trouble maker[smiley=dunce.gif].

Funny, I wasnt the only guy who thought the thread was no good. So have you got something to say about that ? or just some little excuse.

Cheers
James

thumps
10-01-2006, 10:34 PM
may i suggest

that this topic is closed...and any further discussions you wish to partake of be done in your own time...and your own PM boxes

;D ;D

roz
11-01-2006, 12:56 PM
James,

Sounds like it's your way or the highway. Fair go mate, gutterfish is just expressing an opinion.

Lighten up a tad.

Cheers Roz.

Thumps,

The first choice on the poll was 'have him charged'? Didn't the police already do that?

I could be wrong here..

roz

sf17fisherman
11-01-2006, 03:11 PM
wasn't there a big dirt fight over another poll not that long ago james :-X

thumps
11-01-2006, 04:42 PM
What would you do???

i think that was the topic??

but then i get so confused these days over what constitues a good thread and a bad one

i did try and deleted this poll...and topic...however it just wont go away

*shrug

Thumps

PinHead
11-01-2006, 04:53 PM
James,

Sounds like it's your way or the highway. Fair go mate, gutterfish is just expressing an opinion.

Lighten up a tad.

Cheers Roz.

Thumps,

The first choice on the poll was 'have him charged'? Didn't the police already do that?

I could be wrong here..

roz

Yes Roz...according to news reports he has been charged so as the matter is now sub-judice it does not make a cracker what anyone here thinks along those lines...now comes down to the prosecutor, his defence lawyer and the Magistrate and see what happens there.

Big_unit
11-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Gutterfish, Brentosaurus or whatever you call yourself,

Ive replied to the pm you sent me. Let me know when & where you want to meet, so you & I can sort this out in person.

Cheers
James

Big_unit
11-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Gutterfish
Ausfish Bronze Member

Surfing and fishing = Bread and Butter

Subject: (No Subject)
« Date: Today at 5:15pm »
mate..I..just..read..your..last..25...posts

your..a..straight..up..********..to..be..quite..ho nest.

Your..IQ..must..be..quite..low..and..you..sound... so..tough..and..scary..

ahhahahahhahah

who..would..want..you..in..any..decision..making.. process

I'd..be..surprised..if..you..had..a..job...land... based..captain..LOL

Just for those that think I am over reacting, that is what he wrote cut & copied direct from the pm. I am over putting up with people like this.

Cheers
James

brentasauros
11-01-2006, 06:49 PM
yes..in..reply..to..this..

Thats fine hero, where would you like to meet me ? perhaps you would like to finish this face to face. Let me know.

brentasauros
11-01-2006, 06:50 PM
stop..being..a.violent..meathead..and..use..your.. brains.. :P :-*

brentasauros
11-01-2006, 06:53 PM
and..get..some..spine..while..your..at..it.

running..to..the..public..

Ohh..help..he's..not..scared..of..my..violent..tac tics..so..i'm..gonna..try..and..make..him..look..b ad

Ya..big..girl... ::)