PDA

View Full Version : Mooloolah River INFO Please

westie
10-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Just a question, has anyone fished in this Mooloolah River and if so any tips on where and when would be great, hope to go there on Thurs with Gunna ( Pete) and what is the depth of water as I have a 16' boat.

It starts at McKenzie's Bridge and goes all the way to Kawana in behind the industrial estate and when you get to the bottom end the have a wall across the creek where it joins the canal system.

At this stage our plan is to troll and flick plastics.

westie
10-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Pic 2

westie
10-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Pic3

land-lubber
10-01-2006, 05:55 PM
I know that they get trevs and jacks etc under the mackenzies bridge at night on livies. but thats as much info that i have for up that far.
cheers

cuzzamundi
10-01-2006, 06:25 PM
gday westie,

try trolling some deep divers (manns stretch or reidy's) down the parreara channel - some monster jacks up that way! ive never had much luck in the mooloolah beyond macca's bridge. though there's some good structure and pontoons in the estate area. try the moorings down towards the mouth too - heapsa trevors and the odd big jack there too. and under the bridge, as land lubber said, there are some good jacks. also, just before the bridge on the left there's a nice little sandy drop off with some great flatties around. let us know how you go.

cuzza

westie
10-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Guys thanks for thatInfo and will take it all on board. Shall let you know how I go. Should be a great place for some Bull Shark I reckon but at night I think the Mozzie brigade may do more harm than the sharks ;D

cuzzamundi
11-01-2006, 06:58 PM
gday westie,

i know there are bullies in the minyama canals, but also try near the moorings - plenty there too i'd imagine. good luck and let us know how you go.

cuzza

westie
12-01-2006, 06:00 PM
report at:

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1137044610

Thanks again Guys for the Input