PDA

View Full Version : Cairns Visit

Fishin_Dan
10-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Hey all...

Just posting up a message to let all you Cairns based people that I am coming up for work next week! I will be flying up on Sunday (15/1/2006) and getting to Cairns around 11:30am. I will be flying out on Thursday morning.

I do love to have a drink, so if anyone wants to meet up for a beer/whiskey/etc, give me a yell. My number is 0414540880.

I'd be really keen to try and get a fish in with someone if there is anything available as well, but as I only have Sunday arvo free, and the night times, it may be a little hard...

Anyway, let me know if you want to catch up. You can even think of it as a "Cairns Get-Together" if you like!!!! I'll make the suggestion of "Willie McBrides" bar at the Fig Tree Lodge on Sheridan Street. Otherwise, there was another bar (Much bigger) a little bit further down Sheridan St (Towards the airport) but I can't remember the name...

OK, well hope to hear back from you all. BadBubby (Dan) & FNQCairns (Scott) - I hope to see you two as the first starters!!! ;)

Cheers,
Dan

Commodore
10-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Hi Dan,
did how did you go down south??

Fishin_Dan
10-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Hi Dan,
did how did you go down south??

Not too good... Got 5 casts in before the reel died.... :'(

Then went to go camping at Iluka, but it was booked out until 21st Jan, so didnt get to go fishing then either...

Made up for it with Rob last week though! ;)

Fishin_Dan
12-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey Dan! I've organised a trip to Russell-Mulgrave River with FNQCairns and his tinny for the Sunday arvo, but am keen for a beer any of the nights I'm there. Will also be keen for a night fish somewhere if there is anywhere suitable.

Would love to do a night trip out wider in a boat, but that could be an issue if there isn't one around (And the bank account from Xmas doesn't like the idea of a charter!)

theoldlegend
12-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Hi Dan,

I thought you said you were going up there for work ??

TOL

Bad_Bubby
12-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Hopefully we can work out something for Sunday arvo. Conditions in the past few days have really deteriorated so luck may have to be on our side. If fishing isnt possible I'd probably still make an appearance at a bar although I haven't drunk during daylight hours for some time. :P

Fishin_Dan
14-01-2006, 07:28 PM
I am mate! ;D

OK, so after chatting with Dan (Bad Bubby) and Scott (FNQ), we have a plan...

Sunday - Going fishing with Scott
Monday - Beer/Rum/Whiskey drinking (AKA Cairns mini M & G) night (Location yet to be decided)
Tuesday/Wednesday - Fishing with Bad Bubby

So to all Cairns locals - Keep the Monday night free, come for a drink, and we can all have a good laugh and a few bevvies! ;D Will be good to put names to faces!!! If you know a few members, ring them and get them to come as well. Hopefully we can get a few people to come along!