PDA

View Full Version : boat licence

once_bitten
16-12-2005, 07:21 AM
hello all
im leaving on the 17th dec for a 5 week holiday in gladstone to visit bro's and do some fishing but im not sure if nsw boat licences can be used in qld and do i need a fishing licence as i do in nsw.
questions may sound silly but id rather know for sure and not end up kicking myself later for not checking

cheers nino

juicyfruit
16-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Interstate recreational boat licences

Current and valid recreational boat licences (excluding junior licences) issued by an interstate marine authority may be used in Queensland while they remain current. Maritime Safety Queensland (MSQ) recommends if you move to Queensland that you obtain a Queensland recreational marine driver licence.

Unlicensed drivers

Unlicensed drivers may drive a boat provided a licensed driver is onboard supervising and is able to take immediate control of the boat. Unlicensed drivers must not operate boats while towing someone else by a line attached to the ship including for example, someone waterskiing or riding a toboggan or tube.

juicyfruit
16-12-2005, 07:47 AM
http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/qt/msq.nsf/index/rec_licence

timbacutta
16-12-2005, 08:11 AM
Nino,
Re boat licences, Juicyfruit's post gives you all the lowdown. With regard to fishing licences, you will only need one if you are going to fish in one of the 29 freshwater dams that are on the stocked impoundment permit list. For full details look on Qld DPI/Fishreies "Fishweb" site. This site will give all the latest details you require for Qld fishing regulations, especially on legal sizes and bag limits that will probably differ from those in NSW. Hope you enjoy your holiday and I might see you on the water.

Jeff.

Cruiser
16-12-2005, 08:11 AM
Juicy is spot on.

May I also add that you don't (yet) need a fishing license in Queensland (except maybe for some freshwater fishing).

Enjoy your stay in Gladstone.

Chris.

once_bitten
09-01-2006, 07:19 AM
thanks for the info all and i apoligise for not thanking you all ealier but the puter crashed prier to leaving for my holiday
currently in blackwater for a saratoger fish trip but unfortunatally it got cancelled so im going to attempt to dig emeralds at my brothers claim in saphire today nothing on the cards for tomorrow though
back to gladstone on wednesday for a reef trip weather permiting
ps and some more crabbing

wayne_cook
15-01-2006, 01:26 PM
thanks for the info in nsw no lic. required unless you travel over 10 knots.just spent some time in qld. just lucky i didn't get pulled over.it looks like the govt. will be getting some more $$$ :'( :'( :'(next trip.