PDA

View Full Version : WOW. did you see that!

baitchuka
15-01-2006, 05:19 PM
jUST WATCHING THE NEWS, FOOTAGE OF JAPANESE WHALING SHIP FIRING HARPOON OVER GREENPIECE RUBBER DUCKY. WHAT ARE THESE GUYS THINKING? THERE WILL BE BLOOD SOON AND IT WONT BE FROM THE WHALES.
DAVO..........

Poseidon
15-01-2006, 05:31 PM
I would prefer to see an Australian Submarine put a thousand pounds of explosive warhead, fair around the midships of that Japanese Whaling Ship. This would bring and end to the whale meat trade that hides behind the skirt of so called "Research". They have done enough "Research" on these mighty animals to last the next 1000 years.

Regards Cameron.

baitchuka
15-01-2006, 05:42 PM
935 whales in the name of research.What are they researching,how many ways to cook a whale.......
not happy JAN... davo........

westie
15-01-2006, 06:41 PM
The all mighty dollar ...sorry yen

Girella
15-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Can't wait for the eart shattering, ground breaking, whale saving, results of all that research.

inspired
15-01-2006, 06:47 PM
drop a smoky on em i recon

Panda
15-01-2006, 07:34 PM
The Australian Government will always back the Japs so as not to cause a diplomatic incident that could affect trade. Turns us all into a nation of prostitutes I'm sad to say.

Best thing we can do to protest against the Japanese slaughter of whales and our own governments support of such aborent acts is to donate to Greenpeace.

rabbitohbill
15-01-2006, 08:05 PM
That sea sherpards is am impressive organisation, & quite a boat as well.
Dunno if you'd need the navy to sink the japs.

roz
15-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Yes, I did see that footage tonight on the news, very brave chappies indeed.

bidkev
15-01-2006, 08:47 PM
If you heard this to the musical accompaniment, it would bring a tear to your eyes. :'( :'(

Couretesy (Andy Barnes)

My soul has been torn from me and I am bleeding
My heart it has been rent and I am crying
All the beauty around me fades and I am screaming
I am the last of the great whales and I am dying

Last night I heard the cry of my last companion
The roar of the harpoon gun and then I was alone
I thought of the days gone by when we were thousands
But I know that I soon must die the last leviathan

This morning the sun did rise Crimson in the north sky
The ice was the colour of blood and the winds they did sigh
I rose for to take a breath it was my last one
From a gun came the roar of death and now I am done

Oh now that we are all gone there's no more hunting
The big fellow is no more it's no use lamenting
What race will be next in line? All for the slaughter
The elephant or the seal or your sons and daughters

My soul has been torn from me and I am bleeding
My heart it has been rent and I am crying
All the beauty around me fades and I am screaming
I am the last of the great whales and I am dying

And so since time began we have been hunted
Through oceans that were our home we have been haunted
From Eskimos in canoes to mighty whalers
Still you ignored our plea, none came to save us

:'( :'( :'(

kev

scuttlebutt
16-01-2006, 12:56 PM
I'd be careful about supporting greenpeace. If they didn't have the whaling issue to concentrate on maybe they'd come after the fishermen

cheers,

steve

Wazza77
16-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Yeah then we would have something to worry about. I think they try to do alot of good but sometimes they have to be a little bit careful in the way they do it.

raefpud
16-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Scuttlebut hit it right on the head - if greenpeace werent after whalers they would be running you out of your favourite bream fishing spot - I have degrees in Marine biology and environmental science, and of my dealings with greenpeace they are a bunch of one eyed narrow minded biased and uneducated environmental vigilantes - i wouldnt give them a cent, nor would i support any of their splinter groups. As for the japanese whalers, they are just a drop in the ocean compared to norwegian and danish fleets, but being a long way from home u dont hear a thing about them - I love the whale debate, and having a better understanding of what the real story is all about i can say that i neither support or oppose whaling, its just a fact of life that has been around alot longer than we Australia as a nation has been - if greenpeace were real conservationists, they would be focusing their efforts on longliners, driftnetters and Southern Bluefin tuna fish stocks, as this is where there are some real issues. They say actions speak louder than words, but acting like reckless idiots works in the opposite way for greenpeace - endangering lives at sea is no way helping their cause

BigE
16-01-2006, 03:26 PM
ON THE MONEY SCUTTLEBUTT ......... ALL YOU BLEEDING HEARTS REMEMBER THE KIND SUPPORT YOU GAVE THE GREEN TERRORISTS WHEN YOU CAN'T PIN A LIVE BAIT ON & CATCH AND RELEASE IS BANNED. MY 2 CENTS WORTH

E

Panda
16-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Interesting how a few people are now linking the Grenpeace opposition to whaling to some future, potential, threat to recreational fishing. Perhaps it would be better if we all turned a blind eye to things that dont directly affect us? If we oppose whaleing could the ire of Greenpeace next be turned against live baiting for jewies?

bidkev
16-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Enemies often become allies and vice versa.

Just because greenpeace *may* eventually turn their attention to opposing recreational fishing doesn't mean that they aren't deserving of support in other noble causes.

If they weren't out there courting gutterpress publicity, then many of the issuse wouldn't even be brought to public attention by other means. That is not to say that I condone reckless action, but there is no doubting their absolute sincerity and guts in fighting their corner, however misguided in some respects, that may be.

I somtimes wish that I had the balls to fight for what *I* consider to be right, as they do.

kev

adds31
16-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Whether it be drift netting the solomon islands for tuna or harpooning whales in the southern ocean, THEY DON"T CARE!

bidkev
16-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Whether it be drift netting the solomon islands for tuna or harpooning whales in the southern ocean, THEY DON"T CARE!

Are you referring to Greenpeace? Of course they care! They don't lay their lives on the line as they do if they don't care. Just remember that greenpeace activists have died in order to prevent the French nuclear activity in the Pacific.

They are limited in their resources and have to prioritise when applying those resources. Just because they are engaged elsewhere and haven't the spare resources to fight another issue, doesn't mean that they aren't aware or care about it.

kev

Panda
16-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Scuttlebut hit it right on the head - if greenpeace weren't after whalers they would be running you out of your favourite bream fishing spot - I have degrees in Marine biology and environmental science, and of my dealings with greenpeace they are a bunch of one eyed narrow minded biased and uneducated environmental vigilantes - i wouldn't give them a cent, nor would i support any of their splinter groups. As for the Japanese whalers, they are just a drop in the ocean compared to norwegian and danish fleets, but being a long way from home u dont hear a thing about them - I love the whale debate, and having a better understanding of what the real story is all about i can say that i neither support or oppose whaling, its just a fact of life that has been around alot longer than we Australia as a nation has been - if greenpeace were real conservationists, they would be focusing their efforts on longliners, driftnetters and Southern Bluefin tuna fish stocks, as this is where there are some real issues. They say actions speak louder than words, but acting like reckless idiots works in the opposite way for greenpeace - endangering lives at sea is no way helping their cause

Competitoin for scarce resources does generally stir up some conflict and debate.
To say whaleing has been around for a lot longer than Australia has as a nation is just a cop out. Netting has been around for at least 10,000 years or more but that doesn't justify drift netting either. Technology today has enabled the hunters to pursue whole species into extinction. The whaleing ships of a hundred years ago didn't have sonar and explosive powered harpoons. And since when has the traditional hunting grounds of the Japanese whalers been in the Antarctic? The Japanese whale fishery might even be marginally sustainable if only the Japanese are allowed to exploit it. But I digress. The Japs state categorically that it is not a fishery, but merely for research purposes. We all know that is just a bare faced lie and the Japanese whaleing companies are laughing at us all the way to the bank.

Thunderbird
16-01-2006, 05:25 PM
you're kidding fellas!!!!!
I think you need to get offshore and be supprised when one of these monsters comes over for a look.
You can calk till the cows come home to other nations about what should and shouldn't be done in the ocean, but as long as we can all get to work and back there's no threat.
We can't even protect the north of the country.
Teach me how to fly a plane. And i'll let them know what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot.