PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Fishing Park Hint's

muzz30
12-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Im going to take my two girl's to the Aussie Fishing Park this Saturday has anyone been there at all and know of any handy hint's like what they like to best feed on i come from the Territory and
i will be using my knoledge there but it could be different so any advice would be appreciated i am
getting withdrawl symptons lol...

jeffo
12-01-2006, 07:46 PM
the pellets they provide you with are about the best thing to use. i have been a few times now and only fished once. i got 3 good ones in the big pond at the end.
they seamed to bite better when the park first opens (we had a club chrissy party all day long), they really went off the chew later on when more lines and burley was thown out.

i had more bites than any one else... i dont know if it was pure luck or the fact i was using ultra light fluro carbon leader. i also has a float to help throw the pellet a bit further. i used the small hook they provided and had to carefully put each bait on so that the point of the hook was exposed (broke plenty of pellets trying).

good luck :)

muzz30
12-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Thank's jeffo we are going to arrive there at opening time so thats a good start. Do you know what type of rod's they have for hire as my daughters will be hiring them from the kiosk.

saphire
12-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Where is the fishing park? I have never heard of it before.
saphire.

BrandonH
12-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Its at Bli Bli up the coast, on blibli road i think? anyways there is another thread on here with more info try a searck for it and you should find it:)

I have caught some good ones there in both the big boys and barra creek. Prob a good idea to get a pack of hooks b4 going as they arn't cheap there and you only get one for each pack of pellets!!

Good fun havent' got one on lure or plastic yet but have got a couple of Bream on fly and had some touches last time i was there with a pellet fly i got given there ages ago but didn't get a hookup b4 the siren. Good luck!! they should be active with this heat ;D

Cheers
Brandon...

Dug
12-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Went there a while ago and had a ball you need hot weather so that should not be a problem.

We (my friend pictured) caught 5 fish but on a quiet weekday afternoon.

I would try to take your own rods rather than the hire ones and a clear leader and small hooks the fish are very used to being caught so are quite shy. They will come up and eyeball the bait checking for hooks or line it is fun to watch but can be frustrating they will pick off floating pellets and leave the one with a hook.

Have fun cheers doug

Just_chips
13-01-2006, 12:00 AM
If you are keen for some livies it is easy enough to net some at the boat ramp that is right next door to park before you go in. As stated previously the fish will smash every pellet that is floating on the surface and completely ignore the one with the hook in it. (very frustrating) Make sure you take some big hats for your kids as the park is almost completely devoid of shade except for 2 small shade cloth shelters. The kid that was working there came over with a couple of the hire rods and fished with me and my family the day that we went in an attempt to catch a fish for the kids, the gear was pretty crappy but useable...just.

Good luck, cheers Kev

Scott15
13-01-2006, 01:24 AM
Livies,Livies,Livies!!!

bungie
13-01-2006, 12:11 PM
have seen a Gympie guy there one day, he cheated and stopped in at Davo's on the way down and brought live prawns. He was killing it :)

pittymick
15-01-2006, 07:50 AM
soak your pellets in anaseed oil

devocean
15-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Is it possible for any of these park barra to escape into the wild?

muzz30
15-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Well here's a summary of what i thought about the park. I arrived there at 9am
and entered the park with the Missus and kids. The Manager was very helpful
and shared his knoledge with me. I got the kids set-up with the pellet's i cast
them out and berleyed up around them and from what others said the barra
just picked the ones with out the hook. So i got a piece of bread and rubbed
some of the pellet flakes onto it and wamo my girls were on it was the only way i could conseal the hook. Anyway my girls landed there barra within 5 min
and although they were in the 1 1/2kg range they had a ball. I then walked off
and tried my luck in the big fish pond and done well with a nice 6kg barra the
bronze manns lures done it's job after that it went off so we went into the mixed species pond and my girls had fun on bream and my youngest hooked onto a Tarpon and boy it put up a good fight lost it at the boat but she had fun i will go back there again and take a loaf of bread again.

Muzz

Dug
15-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Is it possible for any of these park barra to escape into the wild?

only if there was some unfortunate accident ;) ;D ;) ;D

themisses
17-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Sounds like great fun for kids!!