PDA

View Full Version : going fishin,   Boat hire

white_boy
18-01-2006, 06:50 PM
hey all, this is my first post here on Ausfish and i have a question! i am going fishing with 2 of me mates on Saturday and we want to hire a little tinny but dunno where the best and cheapest spots would be??? i was wondering if the ppl of ausfish could help me, and if any 1 would no the price of hiring a tinny??? ;) thanks guys

robersl
18-01-2006, 07:04 PM
well that all depnds on where you are but there is donnybrook boat hire at donnybrook and bribie boat hire at bribie as you come off the bridge

white_boy
18-01-2006, 07:12 PM
travellin dont worry us, i was thinkin bout goin up to red cliff but i was told that it is about $100 for the day there, is that a normal price for a tinny?

MulletGuts
18-01-2006, 08:38 PM
that seems a bit excessive, but they aren't cheap. Cabbage Tree Point has a boat hire mob. About 70 bucks for a day I think?? (Couple of years ago now)

Donnybrook is good too. Has 2 boat hire mobs, but don't know the cost.

propdinger
18-01-2006, 09:26 PM
at viccy point theres one called
#Reel keen charters i think he charges $90 a full day if your interested i could see if i can find his number i havent been out with them but a few i have spoke to said it was alright and he has fishn gear to hire if you need that aswell

cheers

2iar
19-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Is Bear's Boat Hire at Dohles Rocks still on the go?

I was listening to Nugget on 4BC one morning, and he was speaking with the owner who indicated the buiness was up for sale. Still see heaps of hire boats in the Pine though.

Anyway, if it's still open, you'll have an option in the estuary.

Good luck,
Mike

land_based
19-01-2006, 10:45 AM
I went to bears about 3 weeks ago. It was about $20 for the first hour and $10 every hour after for the small tinny with a 6 on it. Although the guy behind the counter tried to sell me the big boat i wondered why he was pushing it so much until i looked over and realised its already in the water, which saves him having to pull it out and go get the other one. When i told him i knew why he was doing it he decided to only charge me the price of the small tinny for the big one :-?

Truck
19-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Yeah I agree, bears boat hire is quite good !! and also in quite a good spot to get a few fish and crabs in the esky!!

white_boy
19-01-2006, 05:10 PM
hey thanks for the input guys this bears place sounds pretty good i might try it, where ezactly are they? once again thanks every one for you'r input
;)