PDA

View Full Version : identical usernames

rodbender
19-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Hi guys and girls here is my problem. while catching up on some reading of posts on ausfish I noticed another username the same as myself which is rodbender . I have had the username for near on twelve months on this site and on other fishing sites I am a member of. I have sent the other person a PM explaining the situation and as yet have had no answer . I am asking for your opinion, do you think 1. I should not worry about it and live with the problem. I know it is very confusing for me seeing two rodbenders and I can imagine how confusing it would be for other members. 2. I am asking ausfish administrators to introvine in this matter. 3. Is there a way something could be put in place so as this doesn't happen again. Any views you have on this matter I would appreciate.
cheers rodbender.

Big_unit
19-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Sheesh Reg, the whole time I thought it was you but apparently not hey. I realise ultimately its up to Steve Brown to make a decision on this one.

Your point is right, it is very confusing to try and pick the difference.

I see you have been here for 624 days compared to 6 days. I am inclined to think you have right of way on this one.

Cheers
James

Zeeke
19-01-2006, 10:30 PM
With the ammount of members on Ausfish.. there is bound to be similar names... If people cant see the diff between rodbender and Rod_Bender.. then they are idiots...

Tim

sf17fisherman
19-01-2006, 10:37 PM
agreee with Zeeke

cheers
Zeake ;D

Zeeke.
19-01-2006, 10:43 PM
With the ammount of members on Ausfish.. there is bound to be similar names... If people cant see the diff between rodbender and Rod_Bender.. then they are idiots...

Tim
i agree

Motorman
19-01-2006, 11:46 PM
LOL

well done Zeeke
Still took me a couple of looks

Brad

Zeeke
19-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Im the real Zeeke... looks like someone has cloned me just for this post... nice work really heh..

Tim

catchy_fishy
20-01-2006, 05:46 AM
LOL
well done Zeeke
Still took me a couple of looks

LOL doesn't quite do it, I haven't stop laughing, at first I thought it was genuine and laughed, then saw Brad's post, got the joke, and am now crying I found it so good.

Thanks for that - I needed a good chuckle.

Catchy Fishy.

My views - names should be unique - Rod Bender original should keep his profile. The new rodbender and I'm sure he has bent a rod or two, or wouldn't be brave enough should be Rod Bender_1/2/3 etc..

MAL
20-01-2006, 05:49 AM
Bloody clone's ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers. ;D ;D ;D

MAL. ;D ;D ;D

Heath
20-01-2006, 07:01 AM
But they havn't cloned you.

Any idiot can see the difference between Zeeke & Zeeke. :-?

For the record it wasn't me.

Cruiser
20-01-2006, 07:23 AM
"Rod_Bender" isn't exactly identical to "rodbender" and it would be pretty difficult for the software to prevent that.

In my case "Cruiser" there is also a name "cruiser" which is pretty close. I can't complain because the other one was registered a few days before mine. But it would have been better if the software ignored the capitals and detected mine as being the same name so I would have picked another.

Chris.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
20-01-2006, 07:32 AM
a distinctive avatar/pic aids identification of species ;)

you already have a pic of you & your boat - maybe find one that's a tad more identifiable as uniquely you

chris

ShaneJ
20-01-2006, 09:13 AM
I saw a post by rod_bender the other day and thinking it was Reg I was going to make a smart reply. I looked at the profile first and it had 24 for the age :-? I decided not to do the reply because I have met Reg(rodbender) and he is a hansom man and all, but come on, he's not 24 ::)

dasher
20-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Two rodbenders :o, two bloody rodbenders, hell I was just getting used to one and now there's two. :( Please tell me it's a joke. ::)

Sorry Reg just pulling ya chime mate ;)

I do agree it could cause confusion, i.e. someone replies to the other one asking him to ring or call around home, whatever. The other rodbender is confused and the real rodbender doesn't see the message.

Hell it must confusing cos I just confused myself. :-/

Big_Ren
20-01-2006, 09:48 AM

Tim
i agree

That's pretty damn LOL. Will the real Zeeke please show yourself at the Mooloolaba M&G next Friday ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
Paul (aka Big_Ren...the only one I know of so far)

dasher
20-01-2006, 09:59 AM

Tim
i agree

That's pretty damn LOL. Will the real Zeeke please show yourself at the Mooloolaba M&G next Friday ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
Paul (aka Big_Ren...the only one I know of so far)

Maybe they could both go. :o ::) ;D ;D

Big_Ren
20-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Yes but Dasher, oops dasher I meant, what if they both bring their Nikons, how could we tell them apart? :-?

Paul

Zeeke
20-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Zeeke. is my evil twin and he uses a Canon... >:(

Tim

Sea_Dragon
20-01-2006, 04:40 PM
I reckon there is two options. [smiley=idea.gif]

Option 1: Sue him for identity fraud

Option 2: Go fishing together, Then both rods can bend together! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Everyone loves a double hookup.

Haggis