PDA

View Full Version : BOAT RAMP MARKERS

ON-THE-CHEW
17-01-2006, 06:18 PM
I am wondering why a boat ramp that is used as much as the victoria point boat ramp has no flashing markers approaching it. I am talking about the northern boat ramp with the pontoon down the middle. This is one of the shallowest channels around to approach a ramp and at low tide there is very little water. Extra money has been spent on the ramp to add the pontoon etc, but getting in and out in the dark is a bit of fun as the channel is not only shallow but not very wide either.

Am I the only one of this opinion just wondering on other peoples opinions.

subzero
17-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Gidday OTC, their should be 2 solar activated flashers on the top of the two last uprights, they were replaced a few months back as I heard they had been swiped and they were very dim anyway. Maybe they have been swiped again?

I will check with the Roster on this weekend and get them to look into it.
I agree, they certainly arent the greatest lights around to say the least, but I hardly ever noticed them anyhow. For years we didnt have them so I just learnt to recognise lighting/houses reds/greens boats etc around the Point to give me my bearings.

Kind Regards
Lloyd

subzero
21-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Gidday Chew, one of the members checked them last night and they are working, it is possible that they have been repaired/replaced since you last saw them or that they are that they are just dreadful lights. (Probably the latter to be truthful).

Check them out next time you are out and about and if they are still too poorly lit, contact firstly to the Redland Shire Council to voice your concerns and secondly to the Harbour Master about the safety concerns that you may have.
(Justifiably so in my personal opinion).

Kind Regards
Lloyd