PDA

View Full Version : finaly went fishing

white_boy
21-01-2006, 02:37 PM
hey guys, just read the toll that was posted bout fishing in the rain, i put a post up the other day asking people for ideas on where i could hire a tinny from, well we ended up goin to cabbage tree pointand hired a 14foot tinny with a 6 horse motor, it had a canvas top on it for shade and only cost $75 for the full day and an extra $10 for the fuel! well i got up this morning at 5am and it was pouring rain, concidered not goin but i have been waiting to go fishing for ages, at 5:30 am i got on brownies coastwatch and only saw a lil bit of rain goin over the area we were going so i thought nah stuff it, we can see thru that!!! We got out there at 7am and left to go just a couple of islands over (dont know the names of the islands but yeah) by about 9:15 we saw another big black cloud cover come over and started to worry but it completly missed us. the three of us had an awsome morning, even though we only caught 1 fish, a bloody 25cm catfish, didnt know if it was legal or notbut lookin pretty small we thru it back. but a good day was had and yeah heres a pic of the catfish i caught, looking forward to next cya's

finga64
21-01-2006, 02:38 PM
:)

mattooty
21-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Good stuff whiteboy. Great to see you out there having fun. its what its all about.
Matt

szopen
21-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Bigger ones will come soon.

No worries.

Owen
21-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Bit of rain never hurt anyone!
Lightning on the other hand scares the bejeezes outta me when I'm bobbing around in a tin can ;D

Good to see you had a "nice days boating" ;)

cheers,
Owen

white_boy
21-01-2006, 03:22 PM
lol, yeah well if i had seen lightning then that would have been a different story, but a lil bit of rain never stoped me from goin out, although i am only used to fishing in the murry river i have only fished salt water 4 times nowand i am enjoyin it heaps i am still to see some real bad weather wile out there