PDA

View Full Version : Another new membrer. 53 days ago.

serene_lady
20-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Well i thought it about time that i introduced my self before i become and old member. My name is Bob Devenish and my wife is Roslyn. We live on our houseboat named Serene-Lady in the mary river Maryborough Qld. She is 17 mt in lenght 6.5 mt wide twin perkins powerd our tender is a quintrex 4.35 hornet , ideal for the sandy straights but could cruise the coast if need be.WE launched her 10 years ago this march. I have spent nearly all my 60 years fishing the hervey bay, fraser il, sandy straights, area with a few trips up the reef and north coast.My first boat was a 12 ft dehavlin topper with a 5.5 hp johnson.onthe back . Bought this when i was 15 years old and had to get my dad to tow it to water for me until i got my licence. People used to come from miles around to see this tin boat that was pop riveted together. I think a lot of people thought that these aluminium boats would not last. We used that boat all over the bay from the pics to moon point and out to the outer banks. Needless to say that the fish only stopped biting when we rolled our lines in and headed home. The good part about this site is that it shows that hervey bay still has a lot of excellent fish being caught. Well as a one finger typest i think i will finish up and will send photos when i learn how to. Bob.

Big_unit
20-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Gday Bob & Roslyn and welcome aboard Ausfish. Looking forward to hearing some great yarns.

Check your pm's.

Cheers
James

Volvo
21-01-2006, 04:48 AM
:)Welcome onboard Bob n Roz, enjoy your stay and yourve picked a good crew to keep company with ;)..
Cheers

revs57
21-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Welcome Bob and Roz...look forward to meeting you around the chat boards and sharing wisdom

cheers

Rhys

Navi
21-01-2006, 08:16 AM
hey there Bob & Roslyn,
you have found a great place to come to welcome, it is the best site bar none, you can get advise on every thing and any thing , I look forward to hearing some storys , I may weve catch up with you up there as my old boy lives in hervey bay now.

cheers chris #8-)

HarryO
21-01-2006, 12:40 PM
G'day Bob 'n' Ros,

Welcome to the site...

10 yrs on the Serene Lady, hey..... I'm jealous...
I must admit I'm looking forward to hearing some of
your stories and observations, and recommendations
to anyone considering charting a similar course..

Regards, Harry.

theoldlegend
21-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi Bob and Ros,

Welcome to the site !!

It sounds like you'd have quite a few stories to tell, especially when the fishing used to better that what it is today.

A word of caution mate; watch out for that Big Unit bloke. He loves meeting blokes in various car parks for a bit of mayhem !! ;D

I hope you enjoy your stay on the site.

John Miller aka TOL

roz
21-01-2006, 03:23 PM
welcome to ausfish Bob & Ros.

Looking forward to hearing what life is like on a house boat.

regards Roz

bay_firey
21-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Welcome aboard (pardon the pun) Bob and Ros, as others have said this is great palce to swap ideas and info

Big_unit
21-01-2006, 04:14 PM
;D ;D

once_bitten
22-01-2006, 01:17 AM
welcome
great intro

cheers nino [smiley=beer.gif]

vanurose
22-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Glad to see you on board Roz and Bob
You will see how great this site is very soon.
I had a brain wave a week ago to try and find a lost mate of my husbands(Looking for Basil Noonan)
Well, ausfishers have found him for me,, they even made phone calls on my behalf and went out of their way to help me. They did their own investigation. Today I will be calling Bazil or one of his brothers. I did not ever think this would ever happpen as it has been 30 years since they last spoke.
I just love your introduction.
We used to live in Scarness but now we live in Clifton Beach Cairns. The fishing here is great and we have fished Cairns now for 3 years and we are getting to know the place and the great people up here. Our daughter still lives in Urangan.
See you on board Ausfish in the future
Cheers
Rose