PDA

View Full Version : HE MUST BE MAD

mick
11-12-2001, 11:38 AM
IN THE LOCAL RAG THEY HAVE PICTURES OF PEOPLE AND THE FISH THEY CAUGHT. LAST WEEK I NOTICED A GUY WITH A DECENT BARRA WHICH HE SAID "WAS PULLED OUT OF THE ESTUARY". I HOPE FOR HIS SAKE THE FISHERIES DONT SEE IT, CAUSE BARRA ARE OUT OF SEASON. WHAT A W**KER.

Luke
11-12-2001, 12:45 PM
Sounds like some towns lost it's village idiot.

adrian
12-12-2001, 06:07 AM
pity we can't send the idiot back to where he came from
anzac

Lucky_Phill
17-12-2001, 08:09 AM
This isn't the first time this has happened. And won't be the last. The trouble being, ppl have been fishing for 20 years and caught very little, jag a Barra, get a pic, get excited and post it in. The majority of people who go fishing, don't know the regulations. Lucky in Queensland, we don't have as many restrictions as NSW and the like. It's one thing to catch a Barra out of season, another to keep it, but to send in a Photo and brag about it !!!! ??? ;)

Cremated_Reddog
17-12-2001, 12:16 PM
who's to say he did keep it ??? ??? maybe he got a few pics and put it back in it's home

reddog

Fisherman02
23-01-2002, 04:04 PM
So guys it's ok to catch a barra as long as u put it back right?

Roman
23-01-2002, 04:52 PM
Forgive me for asking but up here in the NT i have never heard of the barra seasons being the only time you can take barra is this just in other states or in NT as well? I thought it was just the 55cm rule?
Never caught a barra before so no one yell at me if i didnt know.

dazza
23-01-2002, 05:47 PM
If people are unaware of the regulations, they are obviously ignorant of legal sizes etc. The mind boggles as to what some of these clowns put in their eskies.
Dazza

Muzzy
27-01-2002, 06:02 PM
Roman,

mate we in the territory have managed our fishery in a manner that does not require a clossed season. We have adopted a good fishing ethic especially towards barra. We have no season but there are two locations closed from nov to feb for breeding. These locations are shady camp salt water side, and the mouth region of the daly river. If you look in the gov pages they have the regs there, Other wise it is 55cm 5 fish per person (10 per boat) (except mary river where its 2 fish per person).

Muz

Roman
27-01-2002, 06:48 PM
Other wise it is 55cm 5 fish per person (10 per boat) (except mary river where its 2 fish per person).

Muz,
Mate, :-[ :-[ 5 fish per person or 10 fish per boat. :-[I think i should worry about how big it is before i worry about how many legal fish i can catch. :-[ :-[ :)
Maby i dont fish enough? :-[ :-[ :)

Muzzy
27-01-2002, 07:30 PM
Its easier than ya think mate but yep time is needed...

any horses out of buffalo creek yet?

Me I've been drinking too much with the xmas break...

Muz

Roman
28-01-2002, 07:47 AM
Well one day... :-[ :)
Any horses? :)Lost me with that one mate.
Again, maby i dont fish enough? :) :)

Randall
30-01-2002, 11:04 AM
Horses = Large fish!!! ;-)

Randall.

Roman
30-01-2002, 02:21 PM
Mateeeeeee was that suppose to make me jealous?? well its working. :-[ :-[ :)

mickstar001
21-01-2006, 05:05 PM
thats huuuuuuuuuge

baldyhead
21-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Also a hugeeeeee BREEDING FEMALE whose neck has been broken by the bloke holding it for a foto...SACRILIDGE

HarryO
21-01-2006, 09:38 PM
For starters, thats not a barra ! ! ! ;) ;)

Its just at certain times of the year, they're known as
a Cooktown Cod.. or a Bundy Bream, or
a Townsville Trout, or a Gladstone Groper, or a.......

:) :) :) ;)

szopen
21-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Either I am dumb or very confused.

Fish in the pic looks like a barra to me.

(Mind you I have never seen a real one)

DICER
22-01-2006, 01:55 AM
It's an out season herring.... :o

Panda
22-01-2006, 07:56 AM
Your all wrong. Its a pink eyed salmon.
Can be a very expensive fish according to boating and fisheries. :)

Freeeedom
22-01-2006, 08:58 AM
The fact that it was published last week doesn't mean it was caught last week (unless the article said so). A few years back I sent a photo of a jew and a big lizard that I caught at the mouth of the Maroochy River to the Courier Mail. It was for a 'fish of the week' type competition. They published the photo sometime in February. All my mates were ringing me up to take them for a session on the Maroochy. Trouble was I caught the fish and sent in the photo in August of the previous year!
Moral: NEVER believe anything you see in a newspaper!!!!!!
Cheers Freeeedom

DICER
22-01-2006, 09:06 AM
That's why it must be an oversize out of season top dollar herring...,just fillet it for me please,

Derek_Bullock
22-01-2006, 10:43 AM
The fact that it was published last week doesn't mean it was caught last week (unless the article said so). A few years back I sent a photo of a jew and a big lizard that I caught at the mouth of the Maroochy River to the Courier Mail. It was for a 'fish of the week' type competition. They published the photo sometime in February. All my mates were ringing me up to take them for a session on the Maroochy. Trouble was I caught the fish and sent in the photo in August of the previous year!
Moral: #NEVER believe anything you see in a newspaper!!!!!!
Cheers #Freeeedom

Look at the date on the original post. This was posted back in December 2001 not last week.

Mickstar001 has dragged it up from the archives.

Derek

imported_admin
22-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Not only is it people that fish that do not know the rules. What about the large retailer that released a catalogue the week the Barra closed season started with a fishing tip on one of the pages that said "Now is a good time to target Barra in the Estuaries"

agnes_jack
22-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Maybe a fishing license and an exam to go with it is in order, I hear some amazing "lack of knowledge fishing stories in my shop"
Flathead, being a very good example >:( >:( >:(

Regards, Tony