PDA

View Full Version : Family Holiday

Angha
14-01-2006, 08:22 AM
I am planning to take my wife and two kids to one of the Whitsundays Islands. Just wondering if any one of you can help me out. Want to know if any of the Islands have and allow fishing (landbased) on the island itself, good snorkling and kids friendly (kids 1 & 3 years old).

Thanks

thumps
14-01-2006, 08:28 AM
i love Hamilton

good kids club

they have resonable boat hire on the island....good boats....Bimini tops...and no licence needed.
there are land based options...just watch the zones

although Juicy will probably tell you that South Molle is better for kids

Hoges
14-01-2006, 08:30 AM
South Molle island is extremely kid friendly. Don't know about the land based fishing aspect.

From this site...
http://www.ozhorizons.com.au/qld/whit/sm/act.htm

FISHING
Fishing gear and bait is available from our Watersports (Beachfront) department, who also offer the hire of fishing dinghies if you would like to get to more inaccessible areas. Fishing is usually best around high tide with calm conditions.

juicyfruit
14-01-2006, 08:44 AM
Yeah I would say South Molle Island is the way for kids.

In looking at the charts here....SM Is is green and yellow zoned, green being the southern end of the island.

As for Islands policy on land base fishing, I not know, but a phone call to the Island may find you an answer.

Juicy

Angha
19-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Thank you guys for your suggestion. I am considering SOuth Mole since they have children club for 6 months to 12 years. Apparently we can hire a dinghy as well.
Angha

Truck
19-01-2006, 04:58 PM
I have been to south molle, me and the missus went out there for 3 days last year. It was very good, we hired a boat one afternoon for some fishing but didn't really catch too much just a few small parrot fish allthough the fishing guy on the island said they sometimes catch some good coral trout.

I would defenately go back the food and activities were great and very affordable!

Shaun

Angha
20-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Looks like they have some very good family deals as well. Idon't have much experience with boats do you guys think it is okay to hire one on the island .... ????

jefro
22-01-2006, 12:15 PM
sounds like a good family trip