PDA

View Full Version : Charter operators Qualifications..

masterdusky
22-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Guys anyone here know the complete list of qualifications required to operate a fishing charter boat 6m or less in QLD???
any links to sites would be great :D

dynamicspot
22-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi Masterdusky; You must be the holder of a coswain Have a radio operators certificate and have also done safety at sea To apply for one you have to have at least 12 mths as sea on a commerical vessel more info can be obtained from department of maritime queensland they have a web site

Cheers
Greg

subzero
22-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Heres the link
Cheers Lloyd
http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/qt/msq.nsf/index/com_lic_intro

masterdusky
22-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks guys..good read...now all I gotto do is get some hrs recorded on a commercial vessel :(.... hmm maybe start a new thread..work wanted LOL :D

borisdog
23-01-2006, 09:00 AM
You don't necessarily need commercial seatime. I hold a QLD open coxswains ticket and have no commercial time at all - passes my ticket about 4 weeks ago. Provided you have good logs of your seatime and can show at least 365 days then you'll be in with a chance. The assessor told me that the thing that counted most in my favour was the size of the vessel I'd done most of my hours in (11m). You can go to MSQ for an assessment of your seatime. By the way just to clarify what the others have said - A radio operators ticket, Elements of Ship-board Safety, and a Senior First Aid certificate are PRE-REQUISITES for a Coxswains ticket - not supplementary to it.