PDA

View Full Version : Save The Spit

Work_Bench
24-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Calling on all Boaties to help and save our Southport Seaway and Spit Area from commercial destruction.

Please check out this web site www.saveourspit.com

There is going to be a rally on the the 5th of Feb at the spit they are calling for all boaties big and small to turn up by water and show your support , please check out the web site and show your support to stop the SHIPPING TERMINAL at the Seaway.

See You There

Rob

Blueby
24-01-2006, 11:00 AM
count me in >:( >:( >:(

Work_Bench
24-01-2006, 04:02 PM
God one Blueby see you there.

Rob

Hapuka
26-01-2006, 01:38 AM
I've spoken to a few guys who are sitting on the fence over this project ...I'd like to say that I'm not anti making the seaway deeper and safer but we don't have to accept a shipping terminal to do this.

I would love to see the seaway and spit area friendly to super yatchs and such but Brisbane can handle the 10 or so "Love Boats" that arrive here each year this is just not a supply and demand situation but they are going to try and generate a buisness to bring these big mothers to our port.We don't need this they are trying to generate buisness.

It's a state goverment thing that we will never see the benefit.....I was born here on the Gold Coast and I've seen nothing positive from the all the land resumptions in the Broad Water or our rivers and creeks..the convention centre is a classic example where you now have to pay to park where the river once was. Remember Fishermans Wharf it's now Vesarce unless you want to pay a $1000 a night you can never get the benefit.

It just won't be luxury cruise liners but navy vessels ...and what about a tanker in distress if we have a port capabale of taking ships you can't say no to tanker in distress.....how would you like some third world leaky tanker pulling into our port and ozzing crude oil through our prime fishery....

Lets make the Seaway deeper and safer for sure but we don't need to faciltiate a shipping terminal to do this.

Show your support on the 5th of Feb and say no to the shipping terminal.

Rob