PDA

View Full Version : NEW to Deception Bay Areas to Fish

GARFISH
26-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Hello all

GARFISH
26-01-2006, 12:47 PM
""""" keyboard, need a new one

Have recently meoved to deception bay and am looking for ideas on where to fish, have tried the pine with minimal success, it looks like it would take years to learn it,

I have a 15 foot open tinnie with a 50, am open to ideas, I need to catch some fish soon or me missus might make me sell me tub :'(

retiredandfishing
26-01-2006, 01:24 PM
I've lured plenty of flathead at the mouth of the burpengary creek. walk out past the fisheries on the low.
the bay itself holds whiting at certain times and flathead. try the burpengary and caboolture river mouths.

daz35
26-01-2006, 04:40 PM
HI GARFISH
you have a ton of spots in the bay to try i have fished there for 30 years it is not as good as it used to be but a feed can be had .as said the mouths of burpengary creek and caboolture rivers also up these burp creek can get mighty shallow and tricky though .closer to home the yellow beacon is a good spot for a feed of whiting .at low tide u can see a second bank with a channel between it and low tide mark over the bank at half tide is good for flatties or the channel for whiting and crabs .if u put ur boat in at the bay 2 hours either side of high is best ull get or it will be to shallow
hope this helps cheers darren

GARFISH
26-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Thanks guys, but I do not know where caboolture or Burp ck are could you give us a few directions. Are there any ramps in these.

daz35
26-01-2006, 07:30 PM
hi garfish
check ur pms
cheers darren