PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report

kansas
27-01-2006, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone, i work for a community radio station here on the Gold Coast, and in my Saturday Breakfast show i do a fishing report I can sometimes get a good update from Fishing monthly but to often they are a couple of weeks behind. Being a keen fisho myself i know its important to give the right info to people, so if someone could suggest a good fishing site or maybe even someone i could talk to on a weekly basis i would appreciate it. I generally do outside, estury, rivers and a fresh fishing report, plus i like to tell them what lures baits etc are working. I could just be broad and say soft plastics but i prefer to be a bit more precise, so if you can help i would greatly appreciate it.

Jeremy
27-01-2006, 10:46 AM
do you acknowledge the source of your information or present it as your own?

Not accusing you of anything, just asking.

Jeremy

juicyfruit
27-01-2006, 10:52 AM
How much are you paying us?

Joking

Juicy

DR
27-01-2006, 11:07 AM
have you tried talking to any of your local tackle & bait shops.
am sure they would be able to give up to date info. just acknowledge where the info came from..
maybe even a 5 min guest spot. they get a bit of a free ad, you get first hand info..

rando
27-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Brad Smith at Currumbin, see his add in BnB , top bloke , switched on fisherman

kansas
27-01-2006, 11:17 AM
do you acknowledge the source of your information or present it as your own?

Not accusing you of anything, just asking.

Jeremy

Fair question and yes i do mention my source, my fishing tips are about as usefull as screen doors on a submarine

kansas
27-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Brad Smith at Currumbin, see his add in BnB , top bloke , switched on fisherman

Hey thanks mate, i had forgotten about brad, i actually worked with him years ago when he was still into garden maintenance, then he went off to chase his fishing dream

kansas
27-01-2006, 11:25 AM
thanks everyone for your suggestions, i hadnt thought about the bait and tackle shops either, so i will try smithy and the tackle shops. I knew i could count on fisherman.

Louis
27-01-2006, 12:13 PM
G'day Kansas,

I imagine you are familar with our Fishing Reports section here on Ausfish.

They can be a wealth of information.

Also I imagine if you were to ask us all how we went on the Weekend etc many of us would be happy to respond.

I'll start the ball rolling for you:

Yesterday:- ie: 26/01/2006

Fished the Church Bank Weir reserve area which is on the creek running down from Lake Moogerah. If there are any fish in this creek I certainly didn't catch them.

Then went to Wivenhoe dam and fished from the bank at the day use area opposite the Camp Grounds. Caught 4 big Catfish and released several smaller ones.

Hope this helps

Louis

fish2eat
27-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Sporty's Warehouse at Bundall - they run tha annual flathead classic down the coast, have a website on which they post weekly reports

http://www.thefisherman.com.au/

wayneoro
27-01-2006, 04:29 PM
youre in the shit mate all the fishing reports on the gold coast are jazzed up to aid the tourist industry the gold coast broadwater is real lean fishing the reefs still fish great i think two many boats inside stir the bottom up to much try something new report real fishermans day the good the bad and the ugly cheers