PDA

View Full Version : Less Agro Please

Barrymundi
27-01-2006, 12:38 PM
I have noticed a lot of really aggressive replies to some posts on the site lately.

This is a really friendly Website and NORMALLY we all are pretty good.

Seriously, think about you reply, Type it out, then think, “Do I really need to post it”,

If the strange / different types on this site are ignored, they will become bored and go elsewhere.

I come here to learn about Fishing, Boating, Camping etc.

Time for a group hug #:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8-) :-? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(

Cheers

Al
PS – Plenty of rain in Townsville

finga64
27-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Hear, Hear. ;)

there was one thread I just gave up trying to help a bloke because of the rif raf. :-/

blaze
27-01-2006, 01:27 PM
pretty hard to stay quiet someimes but I normal type my nasty posts and not post theem cause at the end of the day what good does it do then I am left with this warm fuzzy feeling (did I type that, where did that thought come from) and havnt caused any one ill will or maybe made the thread prolong for another week.
cheers
blaze
ps
seems a good place to put a one liner but Kev better help me out

Hoges
27-01-2006, 01:40 PM
ps
seems a good place to put a one liner but Kev better help me out

In the meantime...

I used to think my brain was my favourite part of my body... then I realised what was making me think that!

caloundra
27-01-2006, 01:48 PM
well said al [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
I think we just need to go fishing more
the missus can usually tell when I haven't been out for a couple off weeks as I start to drive her up the wall ::)

Daniel

theoldlegend
27-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi Al,

Pretty good comments mate and well said. A bit of healthy debate is good, although I generally don't get into that because I used to be a public servant before I retired and therefore I know NOTHING !!! As a matter of fact, I simply wasn't required to know anything.

I know where you're coming from. There are some very funny and clever people on this site and I love reading their stuff. Can't comment about other fishing websites, because I've never been there.

Don't know about the group hug though: especially if Kingtin and Big Unit were in the group hug. Who knows what might transpire ?? :-/ Yes, there are a couple of strange people get onto the site every now and then, but they generally have a barrow to push, get the responses they want by stirring and then they go.

TOL

theoldlegend
27-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Now Blaze it's your turn!!

Unfortunately mate I missed you for the last M & G at Agnes Water (no "s") but if all goes well I hope to catch up with you for the next one, maybe late in the year. Made tentative enquiries about the current one, but unfortunately I went to the negotiating table severely underdone with no fall back contingency plans in place. Obviously, you would know the outcome.

Sometimes I too, put up a post only to wake up the next morning with a feeling of dread wondering what I said and where did I post it. It's not my fault; it's the demon drink that does it to me. Fortunately it happens only on a Saturday and Sunday morning.

I have been reading your posts about your boat and your energy and enthusiasm is simply astounding, not to mention your knowledge about boat building. It looks like the boat will be finished very soon and I wish you all the luck with it.

Now, a one liner:
"You can have everything in life you want, if you help enough people get what they want". anon. Sorry Kev.

TOL

nonibbles
27-01-2006, 02:28 PM
The best thing about this site is its people. I enjoy intercourse with all of you (written/verbal that is :P) . And the best thing is I can fart here and nobody notices ;D . None of us are perfect, that diversity makes it great. Using your brain at times keeps it great.
I have at times written stupid and ill thought out replies but I usually do apologise / edit where able.
But I really can't stand it when some people take a small piece of info from somebodies post (usually having nothing to do with the topic) and insist that their particular values are the only correct way of looking at things. I actually feel good when we don't see those types around for long.

P.S. Love the yellow card thingy too.

sf17fisherman
27-01-2006, 02:40 PM
well said al #[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
I think we just need to go fishing more
the missus can usually tell when I haven't been out for a couple off weeks as I start to drive her up the wall # ::)

Daniel

do we share the same missus???
mines the same and if it get too bad she will just say
For petes sake just go fishing you cranky fart or words to that effect ;)

MIKOS
27-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Spend more energy on having a good time,

Learn to ignore

Life and having fun is what its all about.

There is so much to do than waste negative energy and thoughts on people who may not agree with what you say thats what makes us all individuals.

I have been guilty of this myself and am man enough to admit.

Go fishing more and post more piccies of your day out instead of sitting in front of your computer all day and constantly posting.This would be seen as a non sociable action.

This is not a personal attack on anybody here.

Just a comment.

Cheers

Mike :)

revs57
27-01-2006, 04:03 PM
You're Right Al

Can tell the weather's been lousy lately ;D

Cheers

Rhys

retiredandfishing
27-01-2006, 04:27 PM
wise post mikos. lifes to short for bickering.

redspeckle
27-01-2006, 04:34 PM
From Al_NFI I have noticed a lot of really aggressive replies to some posts on the site lately.

This is a really friendly Website and NORMALLY we all are pretty good.

Seriously, think about you reply, Type it out, then think, “Do I really need to post it”,

I wished people do the same thing when sending threating PM's (Private messages) I have keep them all I get another one from the same person I be givng it to Ausfish (Steve) to sort it out
Mitch
Have A Nice Day

theoldlegend
27-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Hey Mitch,

That's no good mate !! If you know where he lives we can go and see him. I know somebody who knows somebody else and they all ride motor bikes.

Gees, what am I saying?? Isn't this thread all about harmony and social interaction ??

TOL

Will pm you mate.

TOL

juicyfruit
27-01-2006, 05:04 PM
I too have been guilty of typing out personal emotions, speaking (typing) out of turn, not conveying my meaning correctly in type, not taking crap from someone pushing their weight around AND antagonising someone that feeds on creating a stir...........

………..but………

………. it only happens once a month

:) :) :) [smiley=angel.gif]lmao

Juicy

P.S. Can I choose who to have in the group hug :)

Fishinmishin
27-01-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry.....I'll be better from now on :-? :-X ;D.

rickraider
27-01-2006, 05:55 PM
same here 8-)

PinHead
27-01-2006, 06:15 PM
I too have been guilty of typing out personal emotions, speaking (typing) out of turn, not conveying my meaning correctly in type, not taking crap from someone pushing their weight around AND antagonising someone that feeds on creating a stir...........

………..but………

Juicy

P.S. #Can I choose who to have in the group hug :)

wow juicy..my missus is just like you..she is like that once a month also...starts on the first of each month and continues until the end of the month.

and..no group hug for me..am way too fat for anyone to get their arms around anyway.

szopen
27-01-2006, 07:10 PM
I noticed that the agro level comes and goes in waves.

When I have first joined there was a lot of talk about people getting kicked in the balls...

Than it got quiet.

I try to behave.
::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Scalem
27-01-2006, 07:24 PM

………..but………

Juicy

P.S. Can I choose who to have in the group hug :)

Juicy, pick me! Pick me! Always have a spare spot for a hug! LOL

I know the recent thread that we are referring to, I was quite astounded at the tone and accusations that were flying. My contribution was as tactful as I could be, and in it I can be quoted as having said that we need to use a little more respect, which was fired at all concerned. If fisho's get that fired up, It is time to "get a life" because dare we say, there's more to life than fishing, which is supposed to be a form of relaxation for most of us.

cheers!
Scalem

shaman
27-01-2006, 07:27 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that my comments on a particular thread may have something to do with this thread as they could probably be construed as being inflamatory. I have a problem backing down from a debate especially if the opinion I'm trying to voice becomes misconstrued and misunderstood. It was only then that I felt that I should reply. At no time did I purposely try to throw grenades in the fire. As I stated I joined this site to have fun and to learn from u guys & I hope I haven't pi$$ed anybody off, if that occurred then I do apologise. I will restrain my over anxious opinion in the future. ;) Shaman

finga64
27-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Scalem....Your married.

I'm going to tell Lesley #:-? ;D, then the mother-in-law

Burley_Boy
27-01-2006, 07:36 PM
This place is an enjoyable spot to come to to relax when I can't go fishing.

The occasional kerfuffles (ok spelling sux) are often due to the lack of understanding the tone something is said in. To get the tone of a person right online you often need to read a whole lot of posts from the person to figure out where theyre at. So if I've said something too unruly I'm sorry but better out than in. ;D

martini
27-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Hi all
I read the agro threads last night and thaught it was getting a bit out of hand with wanting to meet to sort it out.

I have been guilty of sending emails with a little to much emotion and not enough time to simmer before I sent them and I did regret sending them.

So now I give it a little more time before I respond as it is not like a face to face conversation where you use body language as well and you could be on the recieving end of a set of nuckles if you get to out of hand.

This is why when my wife speaks I keep my mouth shut and pretend that I just didnt hear it unless she says lets go fishing on Sunday as she did last night then I am all EARS. 8-)

Dug
27-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Stuff you all you #%$%ing &^%%$# dam hippie love in freaks!

Fight to the death I say !

Good post! We should respect a difference of opinion, regardless of how stupid they may be.

Cheers very jokingly
;) :) ;) :) ;) :)

doug
Peace and love to you all ::)

peterr
27-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Must be something in all that saltwater that gets you blokes fired up! ;D
You never hear of us freshies speakin to each other like you blokes.
Must be all the fresh air &blue sky we enjoy west of the divide :D
Cheers Peterr.
PS Hears to better posts in the future. 8-)

onerabbit
27-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Was so tempted to reply to "the unmentionable post" tried but stuffed up, wil not look there again ( but was fun all the same), isn't this site about SHARING info????? Muzz

Big_unit
27-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Nah if someone wants to be a big mouth hero behind thier keyboard then they should have the gumption & backbone to be able to back it up in person. I know that anything I write, I can say to your face no matter what the final result is.

I can be diplomatic and discuss things in a well mannered and pleasant way and generally I prefer to do it this way.

Threaten / abuse / degrade my family and I will do my absolute worst...

Antagonise a situation... then again you really dont deserve to be acknowledged, your scum and you know it.

How do you like them Apples ??? :o

Cheers
James

Angla
27-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Great Idea AL_NFI

Keep it lite

Keep it accurate

Chuck in a joke or 2

Help a fellow in need of advice

Laugh at the silly things

Enjoy life

You sure can tell when the weather is crook or the fish aren't bitin. The temperature of the replies goes up and get way off track too

:D :D :D

I also liked the nature of Ausfish back when I joined up until recently. We could all try to lift our game and not just expect the next guy to.
I say ... be pro active in making it lite.

Iv'e made a ton of comments on articles and put up some varying degree of reports and new topics to keep the momentum of Ausfish going and I will continue...as a few hot heads can't change my thoughts on this site

Angla

kc
27-01-2006, 10:10 PM
« Reply #18 on: Today at 9:09am » I noticed that the agro level comes and goes in waves.

When I have first joined there was a lot of talk about people getting kicked in the balls...

& speaking of "kicked in the balls"...who has seen the Evinrude E-Tec adds...absolutely cakked myself laughing.

KC

westie
28-01-2006, 09:39 AM
..........I need to have a group hug with you .........

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :-*

thumps
28-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Antagonise a situation... then again you really dont deserve to be acknowledged, your scum and you know it.

How do you like them Apples ??? :o

Cheers
James

well thats a total double standard...

DICER
28-01-2006, 12:13 PM
nothing like verbal diarrhea mixed with a few accurate spots, I mean posts...aaayyyyyh?

misspelt that one for ya

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1138404904

thumps
28-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Mate

my fav is the ole...my "d##K is bigger than your d##k bit

"ive done this...i can whip your.......its my spot and you cant have it...i caught the biggest...."

typical male chest thrusting

big load of B/S...get rid of the testosterone levels....and ppl may get on a lil better

martini
28-01-2006, 12:51 PM
I agree 100% Thumps well said

mackmauler
28-01-2006, 01:22 PM
This has been a problem on the live chats setup for members of ausfish primarily to use, a couple of regular ausfish members have made a name for themself with threats, all logged and can be posted :o the answer is quiet simple if you cant conduct yourself in reasonable manner go elsewhere.

dicko1980
28-01-2006, 01:58 PM
I agree Al,

There is to much agro posts being made, I must admit though I have been guilty of posting a nasty comment towards a certain individual on the GS Marine Extreme post in the boating section you are right, we should stop replying to those who continually rain down with negative comments on other users in the anticipation that they will get bored and find something else to do

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

mickstar001
28-01-2006, 02:25 PM
AL, WHERE DO YOU GET OFF TELLING ME HOW TO SPEAK TO PEOPLE, IF I WANT TO BE AGRESSIVE ILL BE AGRESSIVE - GRRRRRRRRRR. JUST JOKING BUDDY, AGREE WITH YOU ENTIRELY DO SEE A LITTLE BIT OF BICKERING ON HERE, I TOO CHOOSE TO IGNORE IT:>

theoldlegend
28-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Juicy,

HUG ME !! HUG ME !! :P :P

Don't worry about Kingtin or Big Unit. They're old turds.
:'(
TOL

PinHead
28-01-2006, 05:23 PM
This has been a problem on the live chats setup for members of ausfish primarily to use, a couple of regular ausfish members have made a name for themself with threats, all logged and can be posted :o the answer is quiet simple if you cant conduct yourself in reasonable manner go elsewhere.

so true Rob...when will people finally understand that threats of violence or actual violence achieve absolutely nothing...never have done..never will do.

juicyfruit
28-01-2006, 06:38 PM
TOL,

I have something else I wanna give you......way better then a hug.

Juicy

Make Love, Not War

theoldlegend
29-01-2006, 06:31 AM
Oh my God !!! ::)

Now, where did I put the Valiums ?? :-/

TOL

gawby
29-01-2006, 07:57 AM
People,

All the supposed free thinkers of the world who constantly talk about change are really mind - manacled themselves.

All they want to do is change others.

JLBOIL page 18

Graeme

Jeremy
29-01-2006, 11:24 AM
good post and thoroughly agree. People on this site are generally well behoved and friendly and we should try to keep it that way. If people don't agree with you, try not to take it personally.

I have also been guilty of agro posts at times, so sorry to all for that. As was said, maybe best advice is to ignore the sh!tstirrers. Then again, the game fishing thread hasn't got out of hand IMHO and is a good laugh.

Pinhead, have to disagree with you tho, threats of violence and actual violence achieve an awful lot. Have you considered all the battles and wars that have been waged throughout history and how that has changed the course of our lives? Not that I advocate violence, but it is important to recognise how powerful it can be.

Jeremy

PinHead
29-01-2006, 12:19 PM
good post and thoroughly agree. People on this site are generally well behoved and friendly and we should try to keep it that way. If people don't agree with you, try not to take it personally.

I have also been guilty of agro posts at times, so sorry to all for that. As was said, maybe best advice is to ignore the sh!tstirrers. Then again, the game fishing thread hasn't got out of hand IMHO and is a good laugh.

Pinhead, have to disagree with you tho, threats of violence and actual violence achieve an awful lot. Have you considered all the battles and wars that have been waged throughout history and how that has changed the course of our lives? Not that I advocate violence, but it is important to recognise how powerful it can be.

Jeremy
The wars and battles may have changed our lives but they did not achieve anything except death and destruction. As the old song goes..."War, what is it good for, absolutely nothing". If the people involved in all those wars could have behaved in an adult manner then perhaps there would not have been a need for a war. Most wars have been based on one thing..greed.

side_show_cod
29-01-2006, 02:09 PM
some interesting reading on the topic lies at # #

www.members.aol.com/intwg/flamewars.htm

theres a quote at the start .
"I came here for a good argument"'
"No you didnt. You came here for an argument"
Monty Python

Jeremy
30-01-2006, 06:37 AM

Jeremy
The wars and battles may have changed our lives but they did not achieve anything except death and destruction. As the old song goes..."War, what is it good for, absolutely nothing". If the people involved in all those wars could have behaved in an adult manner then perhaps there would not have been a need for a war. Most wars have been based on one thing..greed.

Pinhead, we'll have to agree to disagree. Violence and threats of violence rule the world and have done since we developed the capacity for logical thought many thousand years ago. To prevent this developing into a protracted argument that would be of little or no interest to most, lets just leave it at us disagreeing on this shall we?

Jeremy

WHITTO
30-01-2006, 07:24 AM
You are right Al_NFI, some of the replys are very aggressive, but why is that,generally it stems from a stupid comment by some on here who don,t practice what they preach, they are the one's who should think about what they are going to say before they say it,no wonder the cop a serve, Cheers Whitto >:( >:(

thumps
30-01-2006, 07:32 AM
an ar***hole ...with an opinion...will always be an ar**hole ::)

better to fart and clear your voice than to choke on your own sh*t ::)

WHITTO
30-01-2006, 08:15 AM
;D ;DG'Day Thumps, LOL I liked that, you have to have a sence of humor as well,thats why I love this site its full of all sorts and thats what makes it the best site on the webb,Good Fishin 2U, Cheers Whitto ;) ;)

thumps
30-01-2006, 08:18 AM
;)

uripper
30-01-2006, 08:25 AM
well, well, well ... a nice warm & fuzzy post ... agree with the moralistic sentiments .... interestingly, some of the posts on this very thread are from some of the worst offenders (in my humble opinion) ... some have promised to reform & others ?? ... can a leopard change its spots?? ... or will a tool always be a tool??

AUSFISH POST VALIDY TEST (draft)
1. wait 15 mins before posting - DONE
2. is it polite & respectful - SURE
3. does it add value to the discussion - ABSOLUTELY
4. should I be doing something else like work or mowing the lawn - HELL NO

DICER
30-01-2006, 11:11 AM
History shows that a lot of people on this planet have been killed by bows and arrows!

How many people have been killed in a chat war?