PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Comps

Phoenix
31-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Please excuse my ignorance - but how do comps work? Is there a national standard?

I watch the ACF comps - and they seem to have a fairly straight forward points system - does anyone know the exact details? If so could you please advise? Thanks.

stevedemon
31-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Hi Phoenix
most clubs have a strandard formatt in which they stick to and it depends on the Club whether they are catch an release base like the A.F.C or they are gill & gutted weigh-in as for the point system most club maintain there own system and the rules are for boundaries and times you would have to see the club you are looking at to see what there rule and regulations are as stated they veriy from club to club hope this helps

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

Gutsy
31-01-2006, 12:40 PM
try logging into the websites of abt, like www.bream.com.au or www.australianbass.com.au. There is also a mag out in the newsagents calld the tournament guide, get a copy its pretty good.

Cheers.

Marcel.

Help
31-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Wondering if someone can help me also, with the AFC - how many fish do you need to catch before you can weigh in? I am having a debate with someone and cannot seem to find this anywhere on the net.

Fishin_Dan
31-01-2006, 01:34 PM
If you are having lots of arguments with someone, then it's called Mass Debating!!! ;D ;D ;D

(I think the maximum number of fish you can weigh in in ABT is 5 - No minimum)

sf17fisherman
31-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Australian Fishing Championship
it is 2 bass for the bass rounds and 5 bream for the bream rounds however if they are unlucky enoght not to have caught that amount they weight in what they have after the time is up

they need to be back to the weigh in by the time is up or forfit weight of the fish ;)

Help
31-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Thankyou so much to everyone it is much appreciated, i won the bet ;D :)

Canoedle
31-01-2006, 03:12 PM
I've been loving the AFC coverage, great stuff to watch :)

roz
31-01-2006, 04:12 PM
I think there might be a web site, but not 100% on that. Will have a look see.

cheers Roz