PDA

View Full Version : Ronald Mc'Donald Reagan

Thunderbird
29-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Did you see the news?
There is one very expensive artificial reef for us to fish on the east coast! :D
One of the jets on the reagan ended up in the drink after failing to land or stuffed up take off or who knows it porbably wasn't chained down and rolled off the top deck... you know how the media love a good story.
anyone else catch the story????
cheers birdy.

Thunderbird
29-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Just another thaught [smiley=bulb2.gif]
and this one's at the expense of the latest oil soak up going on...
:The yanks heard that there's so much oil off the east coast of Australia that it's floating on the water!!..So sent in one of their jets for a closer look!!!!
I knew they were here for more than just a visit ::)lol

gawby
29-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Thunderbird,

You watched the news by the looks but you woundnt make a reporter as you carnt even remember the story. Yes when landing it went wrong and the pilot had to eject. He was rescued and is safe and well.

No offence intended here buy i dont like yank bashing as we should remember other than for them we would now be governed by the rising sun flag.

Graeme.

mackmauler
29-01-2006, 10:31 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D [smiley=earmuffs.gif]

Sidecast
29-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Hey Thunderbird - you good be on the money with Ronald McDonald Reagan!! ;D ;D

In todays paper it explained that a trawler fisherman found a hessian bag filled with fast food wrappers & soft drink bottles apparently linked to Ronald Reagan. Could this massive (& impressive) ship really be Mr McDonald's home away from home ????

P.S. C'mon Graeme - that's NOT Yank bashing...lighten up! When it comes to the crunch I am certain most Aussies appreciate what both countries do for ONE ANOTHER. The yanks are good people. :)

Panda
29-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Gawby, what they lack in brains and guts they do make up for in numbers and money.

It was probably just some aircraft that hey failed to secure on deck and fell off in the swell because all the 18 yo crew ran off to get their free coupons from the on board kentucky Fried Chicken franchise store.

War can be hell sometimes!

Anyway you will probably see it reenacted in a movie sometime where a Russian submarine was to blame. Better make that a Russian submarine loaded with Iraqi terrorists armed with a nuclear bomb big enough to blow up the whole world. And the Yanks sacrificed a $100 million aircraft to save us all. :o

side_show_cod
30-01-2006, 01:01 PM
As all media reports have a way of being twisted around , sometimes only for entertainment value I have the REAL story,,, ;)
In the shooting of a scene for the new Top Gun sequel , actor Tom Cruise blew the landing on the big carrier 'Raygun'.. Tom was apparently on the mobile and eating a big mac at the same time when attempting the tricky landing.
"Tom is worth a lot more than that plane so were just happy he is alive" his agent said yesterday

::)

Thunderbird
30-01-2006, 04:18 PM
;D ;D ;Dside show cod..

Now i heard that the Reagan cut across Jeremy's stern while trolling, and cut all his new lures off. Pissed off at this as you would be. Jeremy goes for the sling shot and his lead 10 ball, after the first shot landed short he raises his aim to get more distance with the heavy lead, at the same time a jet's on it's way in to land, the lead ball goes straight into the jet's turbine leaving the plane with no power to make the ships runway....... ;D ;D

shaman
30-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Thunderbird,

You watched the news by the looks but you woundnt make a reporter as you carnt even remember the story. Yes when landing it went wrong and the pilot had to eject. He was rescued and is safe and well.

No offence intended here buy i dont like yank bashing as we should remember other than for them we would now be governed by the rising sun flag.

Graeme.

Might be a few aussies had a hand in that to matey!!
like malaya & kokoda or were we just gun fodder??

Zeeke
30-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Yank bashing is good fun tho.. like clubbing ring seals or filleting grey nurse sharks.. its a good australian tradition... and geez.. with the world the way it is today.. its damn easy to kick the dirt and make a mound out of it with the ammount of crap the yanks pull.. ;D ;D ;D :-?

Tim

jimbamb
31-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Graeme seems to have ALL the facts....NOT
Ronny Raygun.s PR man are we?????
How about a bit of good propaganda on Iraq?afganistan.?Weapons of mass Dest Etc???

Darryl
31-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Remind me not to have an opinion. ::)

el_carpo
31-01-2006, 02:13 PM
I gave up talking politics on Ausfish soooooo......... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

This Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie recipes makes 6 servings.

Ingredients
• 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1 unbaked 8-inch pie shell
• 2 large eggs
• 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup butter or margarine
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup pecan halves

Preparation
Sprinkle chocolate chips over bottom of pie shell. Freeze at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375F. Melt butter or margarine. Combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted butter, and salt in a bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium until well blended. Stir in the pecans and pour over chocolate chips in pie shell. Bake 50 minutes or until filling is set. Cool before serving.

Homer Simpson voice: Mmmmmmm chocolate chip pecan pie rgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrghhhhh! ;D

Glad the pilot is all right. :)

bidkev
31-01-2006, 03:37 PM
I've been quiet for a couple of days and I certainly had/have no intention of buying into politics or yank bashing (or any race for that matter) . I do think that too often it has been said that the "yanks" came into the two great wars only when it suited *their* purpose and that in "theatres of war" and diplomacy they leave a lot to be desired.

I can only speak from my own experiences and what I will say is this: A country is only as good as it's leaders and unfortunately, the spin doctors are pretty good at convincing the general pubic (freudian slip there) ;D that particular leaders are the best thing since sliced bread and marmite (sorry, I think it's better than vegemite) ;D By the time the voting public discover their mistake it's too bloody late.

Yes, they've had some sorry leaders and some pretty crap foreign policy, but I've served with yanks and have found that their "mateship" is akin to the Aussies. If you make a mate of 'em, they'll die for you and are a damn sight more reliable, than their "personna" portrays. Any country that refuses to leave a fallen soldier on foreigh soil can't be all *that* bad. The fault, I think, lies with their leadership and officer corp. I don't know what they teach 'em at West Point, but it certainly ain't the same as what Aussies teach at Duntroon or the Brits at Sandhurst.

The majority put their flag and country above all things, and rally to the cause when they are called, but unfortuantely, that often blinds them to the futility of it all. loyalty is often misguided.

I know they often set themselves up for a bagging with their foreign policybut please remember that the blokes who get the dirty hands are often the best mates you could find, no matter what country they hail from, and they certainly are always the first to die as they are doing now

kev

Thunderbird
01-02-2006, 07:02 AM
Back up!!!!
It wasn't supose to go this way.
I've done a lot of silly if not stupid things in my life and had plenty of shit thrown at me that i deserved.
I'm not yank bashing, just being a clown :D afterall the weather's been crap and there seems no better way to pass the time than take the mickey out of someone for a laugh.
I bet if someone polished a prop, hit a rock or left the bungs out we'd all have a bit of a laugh.
The only thing that should be taken seriously on this site is fishing not politics or who won the war.
cheers birdy...

Hoges
01-02-2006, 07:14 AM
:)
At the height of the Cold War the Americans made the smallest drill bit they possibly could and sent it to the Russians as a display of their power. The Russians promptly drilled a hole through the bit and sent it back.
;D

"Americans have different ways of saying things. They say `elevator',
we say `lift'...they say `President', we say `stupid psychopathic
git'...." -- Alexi Sayle

el_carpo
01-02-2006, 10:24 AM
;D I still ain't sayin' nuffin'. ;D

Darryl
01-02-2006, 11:20 AM
El_Carpo, stop posting my family pictures. :-/ ;D

bidkev
01-02-2006, 12:38 PM
El_Carpo, #stop posting my family pictures. :-/ ;D

Bloody hell! We're related! That's my grandmother! ;D

kev

A helping hand is no farther than at the end of your sleeve.

side_show_cod
01-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Q. How do you know if theres an American Airforce Pilot at your party?
A. He'll tell you

Q. Whats the difference between an airforce pilot and a jet engine?
A. A jet engine stops whining when the plane shuts down.

Q. How many US Airforce pilots does it take to change a light bulb?
A. One.. He just holds the bulb and the world revolves around him.

Q.Whats the difference between GOD and fighter pilots?
A. God doesnt think he,s a pilot

uh oh [smiley=rifle.gif]

adam_ngakiri
01-02-2006, 01:09 PM
we should stop the yank bashing because i like them and they are cool.
What other country would call their national baseball compitition the WORLD SERIES. they are the world arent they?

rough_shag
01-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Just on a fact finding mission here-the weather has been crap for what? 2 weeks,I just wanna know what happens when there's been no fishing for about 4 weeks!! then what happens on the chat boards-gun play? :D just tryin to get edjumacated.Jace.

el_carpo
01-02-2006, 02:59 PM
;D Crestcutter and Kingtin ;D Good stuff! ;D

I'm using that picture to motivate me to lose weight and get back into shape. I'm not THAT bad but a few more pieces of pie a day and :o ;D

No politics, but if anyone wants to talk baseball I'm always ready to talk. LET'S GO CUBS!!! That "World Series" may be more appropriate than you think. On one hand, there are a couple of teams from outside our borders, on another, a whoooooole lot of players are from foreign lands. Japan, Korea, Venezuela, Cuba, Mexico, and on and on and on. It really is a sport where a lot of the world is represented (not nearly as much as soccer but still). Plus, it's the bestest game in the whole wide world (just my opinion). I've been playing it and following the Chicago teams since I was three years old :))

Most memories of playing are fond ones but there was one incident that I try to forget. I was five? and my Mom and Grandma took me to the park to play. I was pitching using a tennis ball and Granny was at the plate. I hung a breaking ball right in her wheel house and KA-BLAMO! She got all of it. ;D The green, fuzzy tennis ball of death came rocketing right back at me. I tried to duck but, nuh-uh! Ga-HOOF! It nailed me right in the chest. Knocked me right on my back side. It also knocked the wind right out of me and I was gasping for breath and coughing and wheezing uncontrollably. The physical pain was nothing compared to what the damage this incident had done to my ego and baseball playing self-esteem. My brothers were merciless. You can imagine the sort of things I had to endure; "slow motion replay" re-enactments complete with play by play from an "announcer", endless jokes and references to "the incident", etc. ;D Ugh, not a good memory. ;D

I still think she should have been tested for steroids! ;D

Now, what should I end with---a wierd pic or another recipe or something else? Well, in keeping with the baseball theme, I'll go with a pic.

Fishin_Dan
01-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Looks like your Nan pitched at him too!!! ;D

And we don't need to tease Americans through this website.... They do it themselves through shows like Jerry Springer everyday!!! :P

el_carpo
01-02-2006, 03:15 PM
It's the dead of winter here RS. I haven't fished in three months. You can see what that has done to me. ;D

el_carpo
01-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Jerry Springer......................you got us there. No defence against that one. The sooner he and Tom Cruise jump into a volcanoe, the better.

Darryl
01-02-2006, 03:23 PM
We have a few American fisho's on the board so i am going to steer clear of that.

El_carpo , mate that pecan pie reciepe rawkkks. :-X

Kev if we are related does that mean i get the spare keys to the Whittley? ::) :o

Rough_Shag, if the weather stays like crap for over 4 weeks we have a meet and greet at the Woodridge shopping center. Bit like the movie the wanderers. ;D ;D

All the fisho gangs meet as in the sunny boys, the goldys , the islanders,the reddy boys, etc ,and we discuss business. ;D ;D ;D

side_show_cod
01-02-2006, 03:40 PM
;) ;D

el_carpo
02-02-2006, 03:16 AM
;D That one's been making the rounds for a while over here too. Whether a right winger or left or a centrist, that is a funny pic. ;D

That fish is a striper I think by the way. My uncle lives in Boston and catches them. I'm not 100 percent sure but I think they are also called rock fish? They get pretty big and are supposed to be good fighters. That species is from the ocean but they have introduced them to freshwater lakes in some areas as well. In fact, they have cross bred with a much smaller freshwater species known as the white bass (that look just like your Australian bass but are silvery and striped) and there are hybrids. My brother caught one once while going for catfish using chicken livers of all things. Pretty fish and excellent eating.

Funny pic! Now we know what was going on during the hurricane. "One more cast, just one more cast, then the levies." ;D

I think this thread is lost in the wilderness and about to die so I'll make my exit with this picture of a smiling cat.

bidkev
02-02-2006, 07:41 AM
Kev if we are related does that mean i get the spare keys to the Whittley? ::) :o

Only when I trade her in for a riviera ;D

kev

I can calculate lunar cycles, I can analyze chemical compositions so why can't I figure out where the other sock is after using the dryer?

Darryl
02-02-2006, 07:52 AM
Hhaah and here i was thinking you were ducking that question. ;D

PeterT
02-02-2006, 12:21 PM
we get many US ships visiting Darwin, not to mention B52's.

recently we had a big Marine air assault support type ship, the USS Hershy Bar or something, covered in harriers and several types of chopper. What shit me was the choppers flying at all hours over the suburbs of Darwin. I hate have my peace and quiet broken by military aircraft from a foriegn country doing site seeing missions.

The young Marines and Navy guys and girls, and they all seem so young, were very well behaved in an about Darwin. I have no problem with these kids and or the people of the US. Their government is a different issue though.

We get Navy ships from all over here in Darwin and they are pretty conspicuous because Darwin is such a small place. we recently hosted some navy excercise or other, I think it was operation Bend down and pick up the soap. If you want to see well behaved sailors, the Indonesian and Malaysian guys win hands down. Probably because as Muslims, they don't drink or at least aren't supposed to.

pete

Jeremy
02-02-2006, 12:58 PM
;D ;D ;Dside show cod..

Now i heard that the Reagan cut across Jeremy's stern while trolling, and cut all his new lures off. Pissed off at this as you would be. Jeremy goes for the sling shot and his lead 10 ball, after the first shot landed short he raises his aim to get more distance with the heavy lead, at the same time a jet's on it's way in to land, the lead ball goes straight into the jet's turbine leaving the plane with no power to make the ships runway....... #;D ;D

LOL ;D ;D

rough_shag
03-02-2006, 06:59 AM
Hey Crestcutter,did you say shopping centre?????-YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!