PDA

View Full Version : no jetty's next to ramps

Tropicaltrout
03-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Hey ausfishers

Just a quick one I have fished a few of the dams in queensland and a few nice spots on the coast and maby I just went to the wrong spots but there was no jetty's. I understand that the dams go up and down with levels but a few of the dams and some ramp in the esturies I wonder why? #:-?

I spose a good exsample would be Burrum Heads ,noosa,maroochy river ramp etc with tide and current a bloke with a decent boat and not much experiance might struggle at least with a small jetty,if the boat gets away on him it will catch on the jetty. and for the family guy its a easier way for the wife and kids to board.

I don't know what are your thoughts I have a 12 foot tinnie so it does not effect me to much but its a interesting topic. :) :)

Maby suggest ramp that deserve a jetty? :)

major-defect
03-02-2006, 10:29 PM
We do a bit up here.Hull river ta Hull heads is the first 1 that springs to mind

major-defect
03-02-2006, 10:32 PM
There could definetly be a lot more of them,it makes it easier to load the oldies an the young'uns.

Blackened
03-02-2006, 10:58 PM
G'day
Personally I love the idea. They 1/2 got it right with the southern ramp in manly harbour (inbetween RQYS and East coast marina) But i'd definatly agree that the colmslie and victoria point ramp (coast guard side) are great examples. I'd like to see the northern ramp in manly harbour have a pontoon mystically appear, as with the cleveland ramp down by the coast guard.
Dave

first_mate
04-02-2006, 11:00 AM
I know the Qld Transport Minister is slowly getting those floating jetties built at various ramps.

Problem is the vandals that can destroy them shortly after installation.

I did a bay tour last week to see which southside bay ramps had jetties. Of the ones visted, only Manly south had a reasonable jetty. Particularly relevant in last week's wind and tide!!

I am off to Manly this afternoon so hopefully Manly south will live up to expectation!
Regards,
Angus