PDA

View Full Version : **** Let's have a round of applause for SUBZERO **

MulletMan
30-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Many of the guys on AUSFISH probably don't know that SUBZERO is Lloyd Finn, a top skipper who used to be with VMR Victoria Point. Lloydy called it quits after putting in years and years of dedication and hard work with the Unit and to my knowledge is the ONLY guy who regularly shares his advices and experiences on the net! I used to be THE COMMODORE with the same Unit for some eight years until the whole volunteer thingo plus the inevitable infighting and back stabbing got the better of me and I gave it away late last year. Lllody was the best of all the Rescue Skippers and the huge amount of time he put into training members, both new and old, was awesome. He was the guy I always relied on to do the job properly and when I knew he was in charge I could rest happy. His fund raising was legendary and the radio courses he continues to operate for Boaties at Victoria Point are without hesitation the BEST in Australia.
Even now he is continually putting up posts for everybody on AUSFISH to assist boating safety. Damn hero he is!! Let's hear it for Lloydy guys!!! #

2iar
30-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Heartily agree with you there PP.

I've never even met the bloke. He's not the most prolific poster on Ausfish, but you can bet when he does post, it's providing valuable info to keep us all safe.

Thanks Lloyd, I've learnt heaps from you in my time here.

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Mike

Jeremy
30-01-2006, 12:44 PM
yes I do agree that Lloyd does a great job and readily shares his knowledge. On ya Lloyd.

Jeremy

Grand_Marlin
30-01-2006, 01:56 PM
8-) Cool 8-)

You can't beat experience
Cheers Lloyd

MIKOS
30-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Commodore,

Great to see your still around.I was wondering last week what had happened to you as now i realize DERRRR ::) you changed name.

Good to have you back as i always enjoyed your posts. ;)

Mike :)

skippa
30-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Here Here,

Lloyd has ALWAYS helped me with any of the questions ( some might think silly questions) that I have asked, with due care and respect of a fellow boatie and fishermen.

THanks for all your help mate, well done. ;)

Still trying to get 25th off to do the radio course...

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

AnthonyL
30-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Lloyd I appreciate your posts.. they are educational and informative.

Looking forward to future posts with appreciation.

Anthony

Fishing_Freddy
30-01-2006, 08:04 PM
I would like to thank Lloyd for his help when I wanted to do my vhf licence he told me where to go and always offered help even though he didnt know me from a bar of soap.Once again THANK YOU Lloyd
Ken ;D ;D ;D

moreton
30-01-2006, 08:06 PM
I must agree Mr Pink Panther -
I have had the pleasure of knowing both the Commodore (Ian) and Subzero (Lloyd) for quite a few years at VMR Victoria Point. As far as things nautical the knowledge and training ability the Commodore has is almost endless. He of cause trained Lloyd to be a great rescue duty skipper It was a sad day when they both left the unit. I have taken the possition that Lloyd left and stand in orr of these two men my mentors.

Thanks
Moreton (Ian)

webby
30-01-2006, 08:21 PM
(clap clap) ;D What can you say :-X
He's like a big marsh mellow inside and a big marsh mellow outside, and too top it all off he's forgot how to do the "Haka".
But he did learn to say "Mate" ;D----Have i payed you back enough :-*
But to the ex Vicky Pt D Shift Commendant, Mate you deserved all the praise for the Hours and Time spent away from your family, and your fight to improve the standards for those Volunteers who give up their time so others can be safe on the water.
I've said enough or you'll get embarrassed :-[
Havent forgot the excursion either, so give us a call when your ready and we'll do some seamanship training ;D.
regards

Dignity
30-01-2006, 08:29 PM
can't say enough good things about lloyd - he went all out for anyone, me included, got my vhf certfication only through his selfless help - if he has left vic point vmr, their loss

Kiktz
30-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Lloyd you will be sorely missed.........
But Not By Ausfish......... This in fact should give you more time to help us Ausfisher's out.
mate wish you all the very best of luck with what ever you choose to do with your time.

Here Here For Lloyd

Again All the Best

Aj

Tairua
30-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Subzero and the Pink Panther are both inspirational guys. I have worked with both of them at VMR Vic Pt. The Pink Panther is to much of a gentleman to blow his own trumpet but will readily give credit where it is due. Subzero is probably the best presenter of the VHF course around and puts a lot of his own soul into the courses he continues to run at VMR Vic Pt. Both guys are exceptional people, boat handlers and trainers. They taught me many aspects of safe boating and VMR work.

MulletMan
31-01-2006, 01:12 PM
I just replied to keep the topic on Page 1

bidkev
31-01-2006, 04:07 PM
[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif]

'nuff said.

kev

One day, your life will flash in front of your eyes...Make it worth watching.

moreton
01-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Bumping back to the first page.
Cheers Moreton

subzero
01-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Mmmm, groan, this is going to be a hard one to reply to :-[
I was hoping that if i didnt reply to this thread it might drift off to obscurity and I thought it had... thanks Ian P :-X

Dont get me wrong, I was thrilled to see this post from a man such as Ian F our past Commodore whom I hold up as not only a great mariner, a great trainer but also as a great person who truly sacrificed so much personally and financially for VMR and the boating fraternity...

And then to recieve the praise of others was just beyond any expectation, or belief, some I know such as Morton, Tairua and Webby whom obviously has a very long memory (Marshmellow indeed :'( ), you got me there Webby ;) ..

The long of the short of it is, it is undeserved to single one person out, all Vollunteers do their bit, some are fairly new and have a lot to offer yet (Kiktz), others are putting it all together right now, (Morton, Tairua) and yet more still are considering taking their first step to being a Marine Rescue Vollunteer (TOL). The hours that they have or will put in to do their bit may very well kill anything I have done. (The Commodore aka Pink Panther).

I would be a liar to say I was not very proud to see these posts, to be honest I had to show the missus and kids :'( but at the end of the day I feel I am stealing the kudos of many far more deserving people...

No offense intended again, and I am very greatfull for the comments, but can we let this topic slide now :) :-X

Sammy2
02-02-2006, 08:53 AM
I would have to agree with all the comments so far. Lloyd is the best. He has a great heart and he will always go the extra mile to help out anyone who needs it.

His on water ability is incredible, his ability to deliver a radio course so that you actually learn something and enjoy it is a credit to him.

Sammy2

Navi
04-02-2006, 08:51 AM
I would be a liar to say I was not very proud to see these posts, to be honest I had to show the missus and kids #:'( but at the end of the day I feel I am stealing the kudos of many far more deserving people...

No offense intended again, and I am very greatfull for the comments, but can we let this topic slide now :) :-X

Subzero,
mate we all know there are many others out there that may get the chance to be as good as all of these people think you are but at the moment you are the cream of the crop in their eyes, I just hope that in my life I can make just one diffrence to just one persons life and be remembered for doing some for some one like you have so make the most of the glory as some of us will never get that chance, and would be proud just to say that we knew you...

once again thank's for giving up your time to help out fellow boaties ,

Cheers Chris 8-)

p.s. I hope to meet up with you some day weather it be out on the water or while I'm camping at south straddie.

cooky
04-02-2006, 02:02 PM
what a great thread - excellent.

Anyone who volunteers for anything has to be admired in this day of restricted time, pressure and greed.