PDA

View Full Version : Poster of the mounth Island_Dream

sf17fisherman
26-01-2006, 04:14 PM
one of the best post is have read on this site for a long time
http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1093921461/30#30
have a read at island_dream's post it will have you bent over laughting and feeling sick at the same time

well done island_dream and don't worrie if you was posted a couple of years later well worth the wait on this one ;D

Big_unit
26-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Disgustly funny story, thats definetely hilarious.

Cheers
James

theoldlegend
26-01-2006, 05:22 PM
I agree. That's the funniest story I've read in a long time.

Wife actually thought I was crying last night; I was sitting at the computer, body shaking and wiping my eyes. Couldn't tell her what i was laughing at; just pointed to the post, which she read, and she ended up like me.

Even before that post, all the little one liners like "How do you put it on the hook?" and then 'Eat lots of fibre" were gems !!

TOL

Maryanne
26-01-2006, 06:28 PM
I loved that story and couldn't let it pass without my own very similiar story. This also happened in a hire yacht in the Whitsundays a few years ago.

Tony and I hired a pretty dodgy yacht for 2 weeks with the kids.
The toilet was especially dodgy and we had to resort to using a bucket for our toilet for 5 days.
It was very early one morning and someone on the boat needed to use the toilet. Well several minutes later a polly waffle was disposed of over the side of the boat and just seemed to float there. It just seemed to bob around and head for the only other boat anchored in the same bay. We were wondering what to do when all of a sudden, there was this big splash and half of the polly waffle disappeared. We looked incredulously at the water wondering if what we had seen, we really had seen. Another big splash and all traces of the polly waffle had completely disappeared. We just stood there watching, but the huge batfish had disappeared with a belly full of polly waffle.
The moral of the story is to never eat batfish. ;D [smiley=dizzy.gif]

island_dream
07-02-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm really glad so many people got such a kick out of it.

When I read the thread, I just had to tell my story. ;)

Island_dream

bigmack
08-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Funny Post indeed - does anybody from Sydney remember something called the Bondi Murk????

It was one of the ocean outfalls and people use to fish it for blackfish, bream, trevally etc......................youd have to be keen or crazy?

I also like Maryannes Polywaffle-----------very good description - it reminded me of one of those funny movies where someone threw a chocolate bar into a public swimming pool. Mayhem!

Anytime we have been on a yacht charter - we always try to coincide these events with the boat moving out in the open - not in the enclosed anchorages. Its funny really because you see all these people desperate to pull into a lovely anchorage and the first thing they do is go over the side for a swim and a snorkel and everyone else anchored have been doing No 1's and No 2's .....yeeuck! Think about it next time your out on a yacht somewhere.

Phill

Big_Ren
08-02-2006, 12:56 PM
[quote author=bigmack link=1138256077/0#5 date=1139363841]Funny Post indeed - does anybody from Sydney remember something called the Bondi Murk????

Phill, I remember the Bondi Cigars. Actually the jazz band of the same name is very very good. Also remember the old Churchill Bream...

Cheers
Paul

INDULGENCE
08-02-2006, 03:56 PM
The Whitsunday Group must breed stories of this type,mine
Went on a live a board dive charter out of Airlie Beach some years back,the charter and diving was good however the discharge from the head was under the access ladder.
All on board were told not to use the head whilst divers were in the water.The little backpackers (Belgium girls about 18 and all very tidy ) didnt understand and there were numerous occasions when you ended up with face full whilst climbing back on board
There are some very funny photos around

Wally

SELY
08-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Top story Island Dream but, equally importantly, wonderfully told.

Night Stalker

MILTON
08-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Excellent story guys.

MILTON

fishsmith
08-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Island Dream that was one of the best fishing stories I have heard thanks for sharing those words with us..Maybe you should send it into one of the fishing mags etc so others fisher folk who don't know about or frequent this site can have a gain some entertainment from it as much as we all have.... :)

familyman
08-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Gives new meaning to the phrase "bottom feeders" ;D
very funny story
cheers jon

Scott15
09-02-2006, 03:37 PM
lol, thats great