PDA

View Full Version : Lets keep all discussion on the weather learning

blaze
07-02-2006, 06:18 AM
Lets keep all discussion on the weather learning tool in this section and leave the original thread where it is and should be without adding to the post so we end up with a valueable learning tool
cheers
blaze

Hoges
07-02-2006, 07:45 AM
:)
Good call Blaze! I was thinking that myself when reading lesson one. I thought it would be good just to have the topic there alone and occassionally copy and paste it to a Word document for printing out.
8-)

DEFINITION: Computer - A device designed to speed and automate errors.
Smash forehead on keyboard to continue.....

subzero
07-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Good call.
I must admitt, when we get through the first section, I am looking forward to the online test. (He will give a test for sure).
Ian usually gives 4 multiple choices, He always slips in one or two here and there that just about always cracks you up with his humour. When he does the in person version of the course at some part in the future it is very entertaining but especially informative.... If you can imagine the mad, excitable scientist type, thats him ;D
I was talking to him tonight and he will start adding some visual content soon...
Looking forward to more.... Where else but Ausfish.... GREAT STUFF
Cheers Lloyd

2DKnBJ
08-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Gota Agree with you Blaze.
Anything i can learn at all that will help to keep my family or any ather passengers safe on my boat i am all for.
You probbably wouldn't remember everything without reading through a few times and if you come across a situation where you were not sure of something you can always have a read to see if you were right or wrong.
Cheers Dazza

onerabbit
08-02-2006, 09:15 PM
For sure, keep the other section uncluttered.

PP, you are a wealth of fantastic information, thanks for taking the time to share it with us all, looking forward to the next installment.

Muzz

catchy_fishy
09-02-2006, 05:53 AM
Blaze - you've been around the boards for a while.

I agree with you and did so on the actual weather lesson - is there anyway each individual member that posted can remove his/her reply to a post ?? I'd be happy to if I could see how.

Modifying it doesn't seem to remove it. I'm asking because it seems easier than searching the help board.

Thanks

Mike

revs57
09-02-2006, 06:29 AM
I've already deleted mine...CF...in the top Right hand side of your post there are 3 buttons, Quote, Delete and another...it only comes up with 3 on your own posts...just hit the delete...whalla...its gone!!!!!

cheers

rhys

coxy
09-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Sorry guys, i didn't realise we weren't supposed to post, i've tried to remove my post but after 2 days it will not allow you to do this. I apologise for this.

Cheers,

Coxy.

theoldlegend
10-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Hi Hoges, (or anybody else for that matter)

How do I copy and paste it to a Word document? I don't want to print out the document as it appears on the screen.

Many thanks,

John Miller

blaze
10-02-2006, 09:54 AM
left button and hold down and scoll and select what you want, right click and select COPY, open word and then right click and select paste
cheers
blaze

Hoges
10-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Hi Hoges, (or anybody else for that matter)

How do I copy and paste it to a Word document? I don't want to print out the document as it appears on the screen.

Many thanks,

John Miller

You could also on the bottom of the page of the thread you wish copy to click the PRINT button then click cancel print.
This brings the thread up in a printable version. Rather as you say you don't want to print the lot out but having the print version up might make it easyier to Copy & Paste the selected parts that you want to print.

Hold your cursor over the start of the post you wish to copy > hold the left click button down then drag it over and down the text you want. This should highlight these and when you reach the end of the selected part lift your finger off the mouse button. This will leave those parts all highlighted.
Then place your cursor over the blue highlighted text and RIGHT click and select COPY.
Open a Word document, right click and select Paste. This will deposit all the copied text into your Word document.
Hope that is clear enough but if not PM me or ask here.
Cheers
Peter

theoldlegend
10-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Blaze & Hoges,

Thanks very much guys. I was still having trouble with the pink panther getting highlighted, so I ordered wife to do it for me, which she did. And rightly so, because I pay her big bucks to do this sort of stuff for me.

Worked a treat. Now I know what to do.

Thanks again to both of you.

John Miller