PDA

View Full Version : *** HOW THE WEATHER COURSE IS SHAPING UP ***

MulletMan
11-02-2006, 08:43 AM
I am just wondering if I have created a monster with the above!
It has been so well received by the Ausfish readers and the Moderators and Webbies that I might have to put some more time into a logical sequence raher than snatching subjects out of the air.
I will upload some pics to clarify the subjects when appropriate and at this stage, to respond to the guys who want to get hard copies of the subject, I intend to dress up each section a little more in another format and when the whole course is completed to make up some brochure A4 type booklets that can be avilable for everybody.
One interested reader asked me if we couldn't just skip straight to the wind and stuff that more directly affects the Boaties but I think with weather if you have an overall appreciation of the nuts and the bolts, take an interest in it and apply the knowledge on a daily basis you will be a lot better off in the long run with a sounder knowledge.

One point I will really flog to death is the realization that the weather system getting you all agro over at Amity Point in your little patch of water is but a fraction of a possibly 8,000+ kilometre mass of an often unstable and ever dynamically changing air mass!
As Boaties we understandably only consider the bashing we are taking at the moment but have to come to terms that we are really only a wee part along an ISOBAR of weather that may be 2,000 K's in length.! Sobering thought! It is not all that bad but this is where the "differences" in forecasts in actuals come in!

Again, thanks for enthusiasm guys, will have section 3 out this weekend !

Ian Fischer

RAGINGBULL
11-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Keep it comming Ian
Im out there and i'm lovin it..
Giddyup

Its excellent reading and is clearing up some things in my mind.

Mark

al-straddie
11-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Bring it on! ;)
Will there be something in there on how to organise better weather for my days off shift? ;D ;D ;D ;D

cheers..... 8-)

charexblue
11-02-2006, 06:57 PM
:)Great reading Ian, most enjoyable, will get my "know all " teenagers to read it. ;) { bribed by cans of coke lol , well sort of :) } is important to learn this way , even if it is a long way to drive to get a boat in the water ;) presuming of course that a river has water in it >:( not just mud 8-) used a tinnie as bridge a few years ago in the Barwon River somewhere north of Collarenabri.

cheers Peter

gone_phishin
12-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Thanks heaps for this Ian! I scan the General chat board a number of times each day waiting for No. 3. Talk about a sponge waiting to sop up the next installment ;D
Thanks again
Geoff

onerabbit
13-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Is great learning, thank you Ian, looking forward to the next bit.

Muzz.