PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Article in Bush 'n Beach February 2006

DaneCross
10-02-2006, 12:10 PM
I hope Webby and Bush 'n Beach don't mind me putting this up here, I'd just like all the right people to receive the thanks they deserve...

Thanks goes out to supporters of Dane
On behalf of Dane Cross we'd personally like to thank those who came forward or volunteered to assist Dane with improvements to his boat's safety and trailer repairs.
Firstly thanks to Ben and staff at Bush 'n Beach for publishing his story.
We know from feedback and emails it has inspired quite a few others to get on with life no matter what their problems - big or small.
A number of good-hearted people came forward in offering to supply Dane with a marine radio and we thank them.
Dane now has one installed on his boat.
A special thanks to Scott Fisher (Ausfish name finga) for the repairs and electrical work he performed on Dane's trailer.
Simon Cmrlec (Ausfish name smerl) and Matt Natalotto, a mechanical designer, are in the process of redesigning Dane's handles on his reels to try and make life easier for him.
Very special thanks must go to Col Stensen (Ausfish name Col_s) and staff at Fisher Boats, Bribie Island who installed and fitted at no cost a live bait well to Dane's boat.
Our thanks also go to the many other people who have offered to help.
It goes to show that even in this turmoil-ridden world, the kind-heartedness of people and their willingness to assist others has not been lost, especially in the fishing fraterity.
Thank you all.
-Brian Webb

Scott15
10-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Good on ya guys ;)

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
10-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Sincere congratulations to all involved. It is great to see that at times mankind can still be kind to man. And a big three cheers to the fact that fisherman do look out for one another!

Cheers and congrats

Dave and Sue

fish2eat
10-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Must have been a popular issue, went to my Newsagent yesterday for a copy and he said they'd all sold out the day they came in.

theoldlegend
10-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Page 34 it's on. This is a really good life story and congratulations to those who contributed their time and effort to help Dane out. It's just unreal how people come to the party when the chips are down and somebody is in a bit of help.

It's a lot better than reading about threatening PM's and all that junk that seems to be happening at the moment. You know guys, at the end of the day, it's a fishing site and not question time in parliament.

Dane; you're an inspiration to us all mate!! If I had about 1% of your guts and determination, then I reckon I'd be the better for it all.

I'm done.

TOL

Feral
12-02-2006, 06:46 PM
I did not see the original story, I take it Dane had a bit of an accident or similar?

snappa
12-02-2006, 07:52 PM
well done

GT_warrior
13-02-2006, 09:09 AM
I know its been said already, but Top effort and a big GOOD ON YA........ to all whom chose to give and make the effort, absolutley inspirational.

Andre_OConnor
14-02-2006, 02:21 PM
To all that helped dane, awsome ;D

Dano, that live bait well should make a huge difference. It will be interesting to see what those guys come up with for your rod handles. I'll be back up in Qld soon so we'll get out with JB and go smash some mackrell with the liveys

Andre

DaneCross
14-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks guys.
Dre - mate I heard that news, it'll be good to have you back; we're running low on deckies! (I've even got a packet of Kwells onboard for ya ;)) The boats looking more like a fishing boat these days, I'm loving it.
DC