PDA

View Full Version : 2006 YOUNG CARERS CAMP - YOUR HELP IS NEEDED

Sandman
03-02-2006, 11:44 AM
Again ask if this post could have some life in hot topics. As you know a camp was to be held last year for young carers and alot of support was given by members and their families. Unfourtunatly the camp did not go ahead due to restructure and complications regarding funding programs.

Thanks to the support and offers last year we are driving toward the camp being held from September 16th until the 23rd. Anyone wishing to donate time for boat rides & fishing would be appreciated no fishing gear is required due to a great responce ( A big thanks to Agnes Jack) but donations will be excepted as another camp for Central & North Qld will also be happening.
Donations can be sent the MS Society of Qld Locked Bag 370 Coorparoo DC Qld please label clearly that it is for the "Fun in the Sun project".
Some of you will also remember the annual run on the Gold Coast raises money for MS, last years money raised went toward the funding for this camp.

Those who offered their services please remember a blue card is required hence i put this post up very early.
I can be contacted on our 1800 177 591 or 3840 0846 ( Michael Howcroft)

Make a difference !!!

Sandman
03-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Bump...
Just also wanted to add our web site www.msaustralia.org.au you will notice we are also currently developing a web site for young carers as well young people with MS.
I have had alot of involvement in this and will continue to do so throughout its development.

subzero
03-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Gidday Sandman, couple of questions
Is one of these camps being held in Moreton Bay and if so where will it be based or will you bring the people to a specific/jetty ramp if requested?

If none of our members have Bluecards (They may have, I dont know), if you were on the boat and you have one is that O.K?

Kind Regards
Lloyd

subzero
03-02-2006, 09:54 PM
One other question, are we talking 10, 20, 30 people here or a couple of 100?

Brejen
04-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Mick as last year count me in mate.
Blue card is all good.
Mate we looking at the same sorta plan as last year's, down here on the Goldie.

Brett

Sandman
04-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Llyod & Bret thanks for the reply ! Llyod it will be at Runnaway bay we have our own Jetty not far from the RB Marina , due to staffing and accomodation for the children number will be around 15. As far as i am aware if i was on the boat or a paid employee re: Psycholgist etc no problems.... I will have my boat there so if you dont have one that is fine but extra hands for other activities such as beach fishing will be fine.

Brett your a champ can we possibly line your mate or uncle up at NORCO again ?
Mick

Darryl
04-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Sandman count me in, i will meet up with Brett and head down in my boat.

Also have my blue card so that's not an issue .

Looking forward to it.

Darryl.

Brejen
04-02-2006, 02:46 PM
can we possibly line your mate or uncle up at NORCO again ?
Mick

Mick will get onto him Monday, and pass on your details to him.

Brett

subzero
04-02-2006, 02:48 PM
So if I manage to sort something out with the unit and we use our Primary Rescue Vessel, VP1, we could set a time on either the Sat or Sunday A.M... for an hour or 2 for a quick ride each? Would that be ok?

Brejen
04-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Mick have just spoken to Mick from Norco and he said send him same as what he required last year, and he'll get onto it.

Brett.

imported_admin
04-02-2006, 05:38 PM
You can find all the info you need and the application forms for a Blue Card at
http://www.ccypcg.qld.gov.au/employment/index.html

It takes a while for them to come through so best to apply early if you are thinking of helping out.

Feral
05-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Tried to get a blue card a while back, coz my kids are getting older, so I would be able to help out if asked at the various things they might be involved with.

But you cant get a Blue card unless you already have a volunteer organisation or employer lined up to sign for you. I am led to believe if you then use it for some other activity you have to have it modified, is that correct?

Sandman
06-02-2006, 08:08 AM
Feral,Bret Subzero,
Great stuff !! Subzero that would be great when we get closer to the camp dates i will have an itinerary.
Bret could you PM his contacts again just in case i have lost them in my move .
Feral if you are having problems let me know, The card you will need to apply for will be as a volunteer unless you are working within the industry or have a buisness that deals with children.
Regards
Michael

Sandman
06-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Also attention to Rockhampton region!!! We are not yet to the stage of establishing dates or venues , however any interest in that area would be great to know about . The camp up north will be a little different to the GC one as it will have other interest groups across disability.
Also not sure if i will be taking my boat up ( am hoping to ::))

Regards
Michael

agnes_jack
07-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Sandman
Please let me know if any more fishing gear is required.

Regards, Tony

stevedemon
07-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Hi sandman
when you have another camp or need a vessel give me a call will send you a p.m with ph no I have my blue card and have a 5.3mtr Half cab with all safety gear sorry can only do the Brissy and Gold Coast areas also am a member of the V.M.R safety is a real issue with me espeicailly with kids

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

Sandman
08-02-2006, 08:08 AM
Tony,
Again thanks for your donation last year !as the camp did not go ahead we are currently ok for tackle thanks to you and many others.
Steve,
That would be great and for sure i will keep your details for the next one as it will be anual and know doubt increase in size. Safety tips etc will be completed prior as alot of these young carers do not get to do alot of these activities due to their primary role as carer for their parent[s].
Regards
Michael

ROB80
14-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Crest cutter. bit of a worry that they give someone who has a cat shooting a machine gun as his image a blue card# ;D maybe i could get one afterall. 8-)

Darryl
15-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Mate you think my cats bad, should see my dog. ;D

Sandman
16-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Ok Central Qld !!camp is going ahead in July 2nd til 7th, have not yet confirmed location waiting for that info to be confirmed.

Some info on whats available in Yeepoon would be great as thats where it will be based. May well be taking my boat up unless i am required to go up a week early for my job, in that case i will be flying.

Crestcutter keep your dog at home !! ;D
Mick

al_neibling
17-02-2006, 06:34 AM
Michael,

If you orginise one further north, townsville way count me in. All you guys deserve a medal, it is so nice to see everyone banding together for a good cause. I am sure the appreciation you will get from the young ones is going to be more than rewarding.

GOOD ONE GUYS [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Don't forget to take pics, can't wait for the report!

Cheers
Al

Sandman
17-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Al,
I was unsure if we where going to do one up Nrth but from my meeting the otherday it looks as if this will happen next year, so will let you know.

Michael

subzero
20-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Sandman, I have spoken to a couple of the members on the Committee and the Commodore.... tentatively it looks like we will be able to organise a bit of a run for the happy campers as we discussed.

Get back to me a little closer to the date with some more details and we will sort it out properly. The Roster that is on that weekend is looking forward to helping out.
Kind Regards
Lloyd

Sandman
21-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Llyod,
Was just talking about your offer today, certainly will give you the full details :)
Michael