PDA

View Full Version : Did you go fishing on honeymoon ?

catchy_fishy
16-02-2006, 07:01 AM
I did!

I was reading the post about about MR UNROMANTIC and I remembered about my honeymoon and how I convinced my wife I needed to take along my fly rods.

So how romantic were you ?

zedjack33
16-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Came down from Alice to The Murray for our honeymoon. Around Big Bend etc. We got a house boat for a week which was bloody great. So being a keen fisher I convinced the new misses that we can do "that" anywhere but I cant fish anywhere so I asked her if she'd mind if I fished all week! Not too popular...........But I dont understand..............she got a brand spankin flick stick as a wedding present ...(now thats game fishing!)

[smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

Hoges
16-02-2006, 08:00 AM
Came down from Alice to The Murray for our honeymoon. Around Big Bend etc. We got a house boat for a week which was bloody great. So being a keen fisher I convinced the new misses that we can do "that" anywhere but I cant fish anywhere so I asked her if she'd mind if I fished all week! Not too popular...........But I dont understand..............she got a brand spankin flick stick as a wedding present ...(now thats game fishing!)

[smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

That was certainly game of you! ;D

“Sex is the most intimate, beautiful and natural experience that money can buy”

Just think she can use it next time this happens back home...
;)

Jitlands
16-02-2006, 08:58 AM
had the rod out but not the fishing type

MulletMan
16-02-2006, 09:03 AM
I missed my honeymoon - I was fishing at the time!! # #[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=oops.gif]

Argle
16-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Yep, took the rods AND the boat to Port Stephens!! :) :) :)

Cheers and Beers

Hooker1
16-02-2006, 09:55 AM
We went to Agnes Water for the honeymoon. I customised an ugly stik blank for her wedding pressie, with Orange Grips, Underbound and over bound Amtak Titanium Guides and Fish Wrap pattern.

The fish were biting and we caught plenty and she found this fishing thing so easy. Last Christmas I bought her a new boat motor too. Life is grand with the right Wife.

harry_h01
16-02-2006, 09:56 AM
We got a week at Rainbow Beach as a wedding present.

So naturally, we spent some time fishing. Got the wife hooked on bream and flathead fishing, just couldn't get her to bait her own hook.

We spent a night on Fraser also, and yes the rods went with us, but because of some drop kick and his caravan we didn't take them out. This person decided to block the track from Orchard Beach resort by bogging the van. Thus we spent an hour or so stuck waiting for him to get it towed out.

Still was a good honeymoon.

Harry

Bream_Reaper01
16-02-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm not married yet but my dad missed his first wedding anniversary cause he was fishing.
We want to get married on the beach in front of a nice gutter,when the ceremony is over we can turn straight around and lauch a pilly into it.
Gotta love a woman who loves fishing.

finga64
16-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Hey catchy, Maybe an option for the ones that didn't but could have and wished they would have.
Pick me for that one. ;)

fish2eat
16-02-2006, 10:29 AM
No.....only took the one rod on my honeymoon. Got one every cast.....

But I was way younger then.......

Jim_Tait
16-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Yep sure did - took at least three rods, fly, spin and baitcaster for a week camping on the beach at Lizard Island NQ on the edge of the reef - was excellent honeymoon on all fronts!!!

bigmack
16-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Yup - our honeymmon at a nice little resort at Port Macquarie which was right next to a sandbank full of yabbies and a nice pontoon out into the main body of the river. Spent some time between other things catching nice bram / whiting and flathead

BM

Hoges
16-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Yep sure did - took at least three rods, fly, spin and baitcaster for a week camping on the beach at Lizard Island NQ on the edge of the reef - was excellent honeymoon on all fronts!!!

Oops I think you missed the point in fish2eat's post. ;D It was not too hard, to figure out, I mean.
Hint: http://img6.picsplace.to/img.php?file=img6/14/willy.jpg
:-/

Lone_Wolf
16-02-2006, 01:28 PM
« Reply #13 on: Today at 13:09:13 » Quote from Jim_Tait on Today at 11:54:31:

Oops I think you missed the point in fish2eat's post. It was not too hard, to figure out, I mean.

maybe he is from Tassie Hoges, you know, 2 heads, 2 .... ummm..... rods ;D

Alex9797
16-02-2006, 01:41 PM
yep. 7 days on the Broadwater on a rented 30 ft cuddles cruiser drinking leftover beer and champange from the wedding. I think the wife was there at the time ;D

Alex

Hoges
16-02-2006, 01:47 PM

Oops I think you missed the point in fish2eat's post. It was not too hard, to figure out, I mean.

;)
You had better duck now!
I believe Blaze didn't like that reference to Tasmanians and reckons you only had a hand line on your honeymoon. ;D

Lone_Wolf
16-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Re: Did you go fishing on honeymoon ?
« Reply #16 on: Today at 13:46:57 » # #Quote from Lone_Wolf on Today at 13:27:59:
Quote:

maybe he is from Tassie Hoges, you know, 2 heads, 2 .... ummm..... rods #

#
You had better duck now!
I believe Blaze didn't like that reference to Tasmanians and reckons you only had a hand line on your honeymoon. #

Yet to walk that path Hoges although here is a story for you in keeping with the theme....

I had the pleasure of fishing with a man and his family on the sunshine coast this year. After a great mornings fishing outside, he hops on his mobile and rings it once. We then crossed the bar and proceeded back to the campsite.

There waiting for him, is his wife, with the car and trailer, she takes the rope and enquires how his trip went. The boat is retrieved, she assists with the wash down and motor flush as we prepare the catch for cleaning.

As I glance up, she is there offering us both an icy cold XXXX gold, and another until the job is done. We finish and all the while she has been preparing some freshly caught succulent fish pieces on the barbi for his lunch. He feasts and drinks some more.

So I turned to him and said, "When is the honeymoon over?" He said, "Been married 26 years, it just gets better"

This is a true story, only the names have been withheld to protect what can only be described as "true love"

Big_Ren
16-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Not yet, but have the green light to do so in Fiji in March. She wants to catch a spanish mack herself.

Paul

MICHAELG
16-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Yep went to 1770 for honeymoon. Ended up decking for Noel(prof Crabber back then) for 2 days in pancake & middle crks.

wife and I fished every other day

Michael

bidkev
16-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Spent a fortnight in the Lake District (UK) hill walking and looking for scree runs.

Just need to remind myself what a crap camera I had back then, and what a good pair of pins the deckie had ;D

kev

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

zedjack33
16-02-2006, 04:36 PM
nice work boys ;)

P-ROCK
16-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Spent first week of honeymoon with my father inlaw at his hut on short island and the second week two mates came down.OH the new bride was there as well.Now that the huts have been knocked down im wondering if i still need father inlaws daughter. ;)

DNO40
16-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Married fourteen years this week and still getting around to the Honeymoon, we'll get there one day but just too much on at the moment.

DNO

Skeets
16-02-2006, 07:53 PM
My Honeymoon was put together by my wife,

Wet put the boat on the back and ventured north.
3 weeks later we had fished Teemburra, Faust, Hinchinbrook, Cairns, Tinaroo and Koombaloomba, I kid you not!!

The tables at our wedding were named after species of fish, and the bet was on as to how many people would wear Columbia clothing at the wedding.

One of our presents was 2 fully giuded days chasing Goldens on the flats in Hervey Bay!!

And just recently my wife insisted on buying a Skeeter Bass Boat, which now sits happily in our garage!!!

Im so happy i dont know if I should laugh or cry ;D :'(

Jim_Tait
16-02-2006, 09:30 PM
« Reply #13 on: Today at 13:09:13 » # #Quote from Jim_Tait on Today at 11:54:31:

Oops I think you missed the point in fish2eat's post. # It was not too hard, to figure out, I mean. #
#

No I think you guys missed the 'point' I said at least 3 rods, a 4th rod was also involved in playoing some good catches but wasn't a permanent fixture - well not quite 8-)

onerabbit
16-02-2006, 11:12 PM
We fished all through our courting stage, but , along with other things, the love for fishing seemed to dwindle all too quickly in her mind, I wonder why I 'm alone now?????

Muzz

catchy_fishy
17-02-2006, 05:59 AM
I'm so glad to hear I was not alone in this.

in my wedding speech i said the following, when talking to my new bride about how well evrything was on the day:

" Not wedding days, nor schoolboy triumphs could be as good as your first spring caught salmon"

and that's how it started.

Still madly in love, and from being a total novice she is quite expert nowadays, but chooses not to fsh - more's the pity.

Mike

catchy_fishy
17-02-2006, 06:04 AM
Spent a fortnight in the Lake District (UK)

Lovely place that. I caught a few good size rainbows at Esthwaite on a row boat with Sarah (my wife) - it was this cold (Catchy Fishy tries to find a way with emoticons to reflect a v.small willy, but can't)

Brings back some good memories - of the trip, not of small w!llies.

Catchy Fishy

zedjack33
17-02-2006, 08:01 AM
Not a bad pic Hoges. Looks like that would have been in the mid 80's......going by the amount of infrastructure (?) No big ass round-about at the gap. :)

Anne-T-Dote
17-02-2006, 05:07 PM
We did - we went to Vanuatu - we both went out one day but wife got sick and we had to come back in. I went by myself next day. :D

Dug
17-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Honeymoon? What honeymoon?

I went back to work on Monday >:(

Volvo
17-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Huskison :)

griz066
17-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Yup went to south straddie for 2 weeks took the favourite rod and reel and some mongrell nicked the rod the second day as we were havin breakfast. I still to this day think the cheese and kisses paid the cleaner to nab the offending pole as she does not share the fishing bug we all have. ::)

bidkev
17-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Spent a fortnight in the Lake District (UK)

Lovely place that. I caught a few good size rainbows at Esthwaite on a row boat with Sarah #(my wife) - it was this cold (Catchy Fishy tries to find a way with emoticons to reflect a v.small willy, but can't)

Brings back some good memories - of the trip, not of small w!llies.

Catchy Fishy

Just for you mate. From Rydal Head with Windermere on the left and Esthwaite just to it's right

kev

It is better to regret something you did, rather than to regret something you didn't do.

bidkev
17-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Esthwaite.........fond memories :D

kev

It is easy to be flexible when one is spineless!

bidkev
17-02-2006, 10:19 PM
last one

catchy_fishy
18-02-2006, 06:34 AM
Esthwaite.........fond memories :D

Nice pics kev

Hmmmmmm....really loved that place. #I still remember exactly where I caught those fish.

X marks where I caught Sean
The run is where I hooked and fought Prescilla
The arrow pointing just to the right is where I hooked and landed Andy

All fish should have a name - don't you think ? :P

Cheers

Mike

wishey
18-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Hey Boys and Girls.
I still dont know how I got away with it, but my wife and I were married on the 13.8.94.
After the reception we made our way over to the Straddie Classic for the week, after the briefing night, I fished the surf every night for Tailor, and then slept most of the day.
It was a top week and a great fishing comp.

The next week we spent up at South Mole Island, and I even got to go fishing on a charter boat for 1 day.
I guess I am lucky to have her. ;)
It was one of the best 2 weeks of my life.

copyarlater Wishey

JEWIENEWIE
18-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Went to DI then onto Fraser by 4x4 for two weeks, surfed, fished, camped, drank and everything else that i normally did with my mates(except the obvious you sick puppy), Thats why i married her! A beautiful wife that surfs, fishes, drinks and loves boating!!
Jewienewie

catchy_fishy
19-02-2006, 05:48 AM
this gets better and better....a fishing comp wile on honeymoon - love it

Toppy
19-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi guys, its funny that I have just come accross this poll as I'm about to celebrate my 8th wedding anniversary in a couple of days.
Wow it only seems like yesterday!
We went to the Maldives, a small spot in the Indian ocean famous for honeymooners & tsunami waves. Its a true paradise, white coral beaches, crystal clear water, coral fringed lagoons, overwater bungalows & more food than you could poke a stick at.
Oh yeh I forgot to mention about the bluefin trevally, napolian wrass, sailfish, skipjack tuna ect ect.....
It was a very romantic 2 weeks & yes there was a fishing rod & a surfboard involved. Well baggage was'nt a problem, how many clothes do you need on your honeymoon anyway! ;)
This was also the place I met one of my best friends, a German thats a cronic bluewater fisho with some great contacts worldwide 4 big game fishing. Nice contact to have!!!!!!
cheers
Toppy

Volvo
19-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Very nice Pics Kev, specially the last one:)..
Cheers

keen_as_mustard
19-02-2006, 10:06 PM
My wife and I spent our honeymoon camping at Inskip Point. We went fishing everyday. This was when I was happy to soak baits and she could do the same while reading a book and sunbaking - since I got into soft plastics and silly fishing hours she doesn't share my passion so much :'(

I spent my first wedding anniversary on a week's fishing trip to Weipa with a mate and her dad. Still don't know how I got away witht that one - doubt it will ever happen again!

Tropicaltrout
19-02-2006, 10:56 PM
I am getting de-railed in May next year and i was planning a nice week at the atherton tablelands at Tinnaroo, i do't know how it will go down but her ticke is for Hobart ,Tasmania.......

See you in heaven, regards TT

catchy_fishy
21-02-2006, 04:08 AM
at one stage in this post it was 81% went fishing on honeymoon, 19% didn't - now its dropping in favour of those that didn't.

More people need to respond - I have to believe it is more than 80%

C'mon guys if you havent voted - do so.

StevenM
21-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Yep

Was up at Cairns so fishing was in order as well as other entertainment.

She knew what she was getting into.

Actually the hugs and kisses had a crack the other day and wanted to try and find somewhere to go on holidays where I cant take my fishing rods.

Cheers

Gumby_II
22-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Getting married in 5 weeks and the honeymoon is two and half weeks at South West Rocks with the boat.

Does that count?