PDA

View Full Version : WHAT  EATS DO YOU TAKE ???

wewak1111
23-02-2006, 07:21 PM
I Can't go past COLD BACON SANDWICHES,(mmmm!!) :-*, sustenance before

the expected rush of bent rods..( Yeah Right)! ::)

AND, for when sun is starting to bite....Out come the

FRESH WATERMELON CHUNKS!!! I would be interested in what

other fishos take!

Lone_Wolf
23-02-2006, 07:23 PM
CHICKEN CRIMPYS!!! YUM :P

mackmauler
23-02-2006, 07:32 PM
a most important consideration!

candy bananas, pizza shapes, dixie drumsticks, chocolate bars, anything the crew bring if it looks good :D

szopen
23-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Rob,

That all sounds like a great diet ;D ;D ;D ;D

backhoe
23-02-2006, 07:38 PM
a most important consideration!

candy bananas, pizza shapes, dixie drumsticks, chocolate bars, anything the crew bring if it looks good :D

Candy bananas? Bit too close to the real thing for my liking. No way a banana comes anywhere near my boat. Normally not superstitious but go along with the belief they bring back luck.

revs57
23-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Definitely not bananas ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The_Walrus
23-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Nibblies - fruit & nut mix, or mueli bars as well as a couple of pears.

Lunch on the water - cold chicken or sandwitches, in cold weather some instant noodles and tea/coffee makings.

Lunch ashore - bring out the BBQ.

Luc

ShaneJ
23-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Ginger Bears!!! ;)

neilspeil
23-02-2006, 07:43 PM
pringles, pringles and more pringles. you just can't stop at one plus the containers are waterproof

philip_thomson
23-02-2006, 07:52 PM
yes rob you love all those things it always seems you eat all MY food ;D

tradition

Startburst babies mutliple packets
twisties
honey jumbles
jam rollets
coles farmland cola best cola drink around ;)

other odds and ends occasional make the trip also

bignick
23-02-2006, 07:56 PM
My boat is a definite Banana Free Zone. I always stop on the way for the breakfast of champions (Maccas). I take Ripe Rasberry lollies, Mars bars or Cherry Ripe chocolates, Ginger Ale, Vegemite sangers and Savory Shape bikkies. If the Minister helps out a bit or if I've been a particularly good boy, I may be rewarded with a tray of cheese and kabana, which goes down an absolute treat. I have, however fished with another member (name witheld) who likes to take with him very trendy cosmopolitan little biscuit treats which make me feel I should stop fishing at once and immediately start sipping on my al-fresco cup of fagachino (G'Day Dean).

Cheers,
NICK.

Feral
23-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Boy you blokes eat some rot! - and most of it "finger food" obviously you blokes are not serious "bait" fisherman eh?
;D

I eat sangers, and the bit I'm holding becomes berley!

Lucky_Phill
23-02-2006, 08:33 PM
As the folks who have crew'd on Rebait will attest to, the old " Fish catching biscuits " are always packed.

Mate of mine always says he'll bring the food, and each time it's a 200gm pkt of chips and a bottle of coke.

Sangers are great, and especially the leftovers variety. Yes, the cold fried egg and bacon snagers work wonders.

I must say, a bag of lollies on the dash is usually there as is some lamington fingers and a thermus of hot tea.

Am I gettin too old ? Maybe, but I will tell ya's this. No beer. It's just a personal thing, if I am skippering, that is. And if beer is brought on board, the first one is not opened until the first fish is in the esky. I don;t mind the crew induldging !

AH, memories of the cold winter nights, breaming in Moreton Bay , foul gut on the fingers and having a nibble. That aroma is something else ! :-/

Cheers Phill

onerabbit
23-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Its either sa-ka-ta rice crackers or bbq shapes, & a couple of egg & lettuce sangers my deckies missus makes, keeps us going for the day.

Muzz

seabug
23-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Packet of sweet biscuits Marie/Teddy Bear and water or a thermos of coffee.

Seabug

blaze
23-02-2006, 08:59 PM
thermos of coffee
barbaque shapes
cold saugage rolls
salad rolls
Mans gotta eat
if overnighting
cooker
snags, eggs, bacon maybe a steak or unlucky fish.
cold winter day 2 thermoses- coffee in one soup in the other or semi heat some hot dogs and put in one, suprised how many ya can jam in thermos
cheers
blaze

philip_thomson
23-02-2006, 09:11 PM
I remember hamzah bought some Curry spring rolls along one day chasing marlin with a certain mauler. date 3rd january 2005.

they were HOT. mauler loved them kept going back for them must have been hugging that dunny that night real badly. ;) ;) ;)

Huggy_B
23-02-2006, 09:18 PM
2 bottles of water and a pack of Hubba Bubba gum.

Food just seems to come up as quick as it goes down so I dont bother tempting fate anymore and eat when I get back to shore.

Fishinmishin
23-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Myself, a couple cans of Johnnie and cola and a $1 bag of lollies keeps me going :-?.

Rob...don't bullsh*t. All you eat is pizza shapes. I've never seen candy bananas or choc bars (unless your hiding them from me). I've been on the phone and asked 'What's for dinner' with the reply 'Pizza' shapes so I know fish and them is all you eat. ;D

Cheers, Jay

lippa
23-02-2006, 09:35 PM
ummmmm beer, (only if the old girls gunna drive though)

dorado
23-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Lots of ice cold snickers, maltesers, cold chook sangas & ice cold pepsi-max :)

land_based
24-02-2006, 12:40 AM
This thread is making me hungry! I remember sitting at the pin in a tinny eating cold chicken sangas throwing crusts over board when i looked over and saw huge bream coming up the berley stream. I always take half a loaf of bread in the boat with me now. It's usually left overs for me, steak, snags, eggs, salad etc.

TIM-DONSELAAR
24-02-2006, 02:08 AM
chicken and mayo rolls or cheese and ham rolls
few red bull or V cans
few powerade's
water

cheers tim [smiley=beer.gif]

DICER
24-02-2006, 03:42 AM
herrings
gurkens

nuts
fruit
fruit cake
soy milk
orange juice

salty plums

aussiefool
24-02-2006, 03:44 AM
I don't take any thing as a rule.... no breakfast, no lunch just a big feed when I get back

finga64
24-02-2006, 06:34 AM
What ever the cook puts in the esky.
That's her job, mine is to put tthe boat on the car.
Every trip is a supprise :D
Didn't like the goose liver pattay and water waffers much though :-[
Give me a good old sambo. Doesn't matter what's on 'cause they all taste like bait after the first one.
I'll have to remember the banana bit though. I didn't know that and I need all the luck I can get when we go fishing.

lock
24-02-2006, 06:41 AM
A packet of chips from the servo before I go .........if I remember that is. :-/

Maria
24-02-2006, 09:33 AM
I remember hamzah bought some Curry spring rolls along one day chasing marlin with a certain mauler. date 3rd january 2005.

they were HOT. mauler loved them kept going back for them must have been hugging that dunny that night real badly. ;) ;) ;)

Don't remind me of that day Phil. Not really a moment in my fishing career I like to dwell on too much [smiley=sick2.gif]

Usually take soft drinks and whatever convenience snacks I can scrounge from the pantry 5 minutes before leaving.

Az
24-02-2006, 09:37 AM
cold pizza

and beer 8-)

sf17fisherman
24-02-2006, 10:29 AM
depnding on what fishing i do

outside it is mainly snaggas chicken bicciys and some jubiy juice

chaseing bream and bass it is mainly just water and the odd can of coke

day with the family it is a BBQ on the little butaine cooker of some snag sanggas or bacon egg rolls

and fishing at night you can't beat some hot doggie al la blazes way ;)

wayne_cook
24-02-2006, 11:41 AM
coke and chicken crimpies

megan
24-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Lamingtons and hot chocolate.

bo_sawyer
24-02-2006, 01:24 PM
love me Shapes Chicken Crimpy and gatorade.....

A few years back I'd go fishing with my Aunty n Uncle and she'd bring the portable cooker out and cook us ribs, hotdogs and chicken wings :D ;D

Big_Ren
24-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Cold chook and mayo sangas or ham rolls. Packets of shapes, some lollies, or if I am too darn lazy to make my own, an 18-piece bucket of original KFC (for me and crew, fridged overnight and served cold the next day...finger lickin) ;D

Of course needs to be washed down with water (pre first fish in esky) or a coupla cool treats once that first one is on ice.

Cheers
Paul :)

snappa
24-02-2006, 02:06 PM
"jam rolls"

& cold pizza....

& left over off the bbq

is this true or false .>>>>

"After 4 long months of cold and winter, we are finally coming up to
summer and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your Memory on
the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking as it's the only type of
cooking a real man will do, probably because there is an element of danger
involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put
into motion:

Routine...

1) The woman buys the food.

2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.

3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along
with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the
man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

Here comes the important part:

4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine....

5) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.

6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks
her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the
situation.

Important again:

7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine.....

8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces
and brings them to the table.

9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:

10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon
seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing
some women....

?????? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Maria
24-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Cold chook and mayo sangas or ham rolls. Packets of shapes, some lollies, or if I am too darn lazy to make my own, an 18-piece bucket of original KFC (for me and crew, fridged overnight and served cold the next day...finger lickin) ;D

Of course needs to be washed down with water (pre first fish in esky) or a coupla cool treats once that first one is on ice.

Cheers
Paul :)

Ever need deckies? :)

Big_Ren
24-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Haven't had a complaint from the deckies yet Maria ;)

Cheers
Paul

MIKOS
24-02-2006, 02:45 PM
something usually from the greasebox at Gem bait n tackle. ;D

Grab a packet of chippies and a bottle of water.

This usually does me until I get home and cleaned up.

Mike

SeaHunt
24-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Lollies, chips, coke, ginger beer, real beer and Ice Break iced coffee plus a meat pie on the way to the ramp about does it for me.
Supplies usually cost more than the petrol and bait combined. :-?
If I was sitting at home I would probably just drink the beer. :-/

adam_ngakiri
24-02-2006, 03:04 PM
corned beef and cabin bread. none of this fresh silverside thoug - got to be the canned variety with that layer of white fat over the top when you open it.

fishin_till_late
24-02-2006, 03:59 PM
usually find a nice fish and chip shop on the river (tweed), generally just hot cjips with coke but if we've got a little extra cash we might get a few peices of fish. Then on the odd occasion we might bring some fish we've caught and we get fish twice that day

jono

finga64
24-02-2006, 04:00 PM
I've noticed a fairly common denominator reading this.

Shapes biscuits of various flavours. :D

SURF_SNIPER
24-02-2006, 04:41 PM
if ive got the landies microwave on board its hot pies and cold beer fron the snapper freezer or when the sun goes down, a few snags with onions on the gas stove..

mattooty
24-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Wen outside: BBQ shapes, ALWAYS have a packet of minties, ginger biscuits, anything from the ritual bbq the night before.

Estuary: Usually me and my mate so we ask our dearest mummys to make lunch for us. ;) Thats the benefits of living at home and being young to al you oldies!!!

Matt

LizardWizard
24-02-2006, 05:52 PM
i cant fit a smorgasbord on a kayak, so i take the barest essentials...

comfort food...
beer washed down with 2 freshly baked Bacon and Cheese Rolls.
tip: Coomera Bakery is right across road from the Boathouse Tavern ;)

other food...
4 boiled eggs (eat sooner rather than later)
2 apples (apples float and last in poor storage conditions, save till last)
1 - 2 lt of FRESH water
couple of powerades/gatorades etc

bidkev
24-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Chicken drumsticks (real) for the kids with coke and chicken drumsticks (bikkies) and a few lollies and fruit cake.

The deckie makes me heaps of sangars but I never feel like eating them when fishing, for some reason, although I occasionally eat the odd egg and mayo (my favourite). I normally eat the rest on the move when washing down the rig 'cause I'm starving as soon as my feet hit firm land.

The deckie (Grad Dip Health Promotion {God help me!}) Takes a few Ryvitas..........personally, I'd rather eat the box they come in ;D

kev

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the
Titanic.

shaman
24-02-2006, 08:42 PM
CC's or potato chips & beers (light if i'm steering).
If none of the above available a can of cold spaghetti or baked beans in ham sauce straight out of the tin, SENSATIONAL when you are starvin'.

One things for sure, we are not healthy eaters if left to our own devices.
And i'm always goin' off at my kids for eating crap! :-/
BTW Kingtin, great quote about the Titanic. Shaman

roz
24-02-2006, 09:19 PM
thermos of tea, home made narnie cake, sangas & a bowl of rabbit food (salad) if I have the time to get it ready. But I don't get that hungry out fishing.

outsiderskip
24-02-2006, 09:24 PM
6 pk of rum and a cooked chicken

pete

Lone_Wolf
25-02-2006, 06:31 PM
green apples and water, quick and easy.

lock
25-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the #
Titanic.
Great saying kingtin :)

robersl
25-02-2006, 07:30 PM
cold pizza with anchovies an 2lt coke feed the pizza to the cew shake well in rough water and wait for the butly trail to start