PDA

View Full Version : Fisheries on the ball in NSW

fish2eat
23-02-2006, 10:04 AM
With crab pot theiving rife in Qld, I hope a current case in NSW gets lots of publicity.

Former football stars Terry Hill and Scott Fulton have been charged with poaching after being causght in a video sting, lifting lobster pots owned by a pro.

Potentially huge fines and jail time.

http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,18242639-5001022,00.html

Alex9797
23-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Thatssssss sthoooo sthaaaad for Terry. I hope they throw the book at him so I don't have to see those Lows ads anymore ;D

Alex

aussiefool
23-02-2006, 10:47 AM
here here... reguardless of who they throe the book at them and make it a beeping big one

hundgie
23-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Manly suck! GO THE SHARKS.

lippa
23-02-2006, 11:21 AM
te te te te terry is fa fa fa fa fa, ah um buggered! ;D ;D ;D

fish2eat
23-02-2006, 12:34 PM
It's good that they are high profile names, because when it does go to court they will get a lot of publicity. Manly used to run the ARL but they don't run the courts.

Maybe.....just maybe, it might deter some sharefarmers up here!!!!!

INDULGENCE
23-02-2006, 03:01 PM
I hope the full story comes out in court.
It happened the day before his party for new years eve.Was lobster on the menu?
He lives directly across the river from where they were caught.
He could possibly see the pots and pro lifting them from his bedroom so he would be aware when they were serviced each day.
Whats the bet he gets off with a warning

Wally

fish2eat
23-02-2006, 03:55 PM
If the judge supports anyone by Manly.....he's in trouble

timbacutta
23-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Allways thought Terry Hill was a grub, if it is true he was poaching it will prove it. Nothing worse than pot pulling mongrels.

Jeff.

Piscatorial_Prowle
24-02-2006, 07:23 AM
hang them

wayne_cook
24-02-2006, 12:01 PM
i wonder where the money came from for the video
not licence money i hope.

seabug
24-02-2006, 12:44 PM
"I wonder where the money came from for the video
not licence money i hope. "

WHY NOT!
Surely that is a legitimate use of licence fees .
It is protecting the fishery.

Regards
Seabug

wayne_cook
24-02-2006, 02:53 PM
it isn't what licence monies was intended for but i do agree with your point.

wayne_cook
24-02-2006, 03:36 PM
rethink?
I completly disagree with what was done.pulling someones trap.
how will it protect the fishery? the lobbys are still gone whether eaten by t h or sold by pro.
licence fees are supposed to aid amaters not pros.

fish2eat
24-02-2006, 04:01 PM
prosecutions aid everyone by letting people know that they should stick to the rules. It doesn't make up for faulty rules, but the rules we have are better than the law of the jungle. Pull out all the fisheries officers and see how long it takes for the whole system to collapse

Roo
24-02-2006, 04:12 PM

I don't think the money from licence fees goes toward investigations. If you read the article link from the Daily tele, you'll note that the sting was carried out the day after the complaint was made....Licence fees are managed by a trust. I have never heard of a trust committee approving anything without extended consultation with any twit who cares to add their bit so therefore i draw the obvious conclusion that it was'nt our hard earned paying for it. ;D
"Its elementry my dear watson" [smiley=bobby.gif]

roo.

2iar
24-02-2006, 04:36 PM

<snip>

... i draw the obvious conclusion that it was'nt our hard earned paying for it. ;D
"Its elementry my dear watson" [smiley=bobby.gif]

roo.

I think you'll find it was, mate. Not necessarily directly from licence fees, but tax-payer's dollars nonetheless...

I wonder if the sting would have been carried out so promptly had it been a rec fisher making the complaint?

Good luck,
Mike

seabug
24-02-2006, 05:08 PM
"rethink?
I completly disagree with what was done.pulling someones trap. "

"how will it protect the fishery?"

Not sure of the rules up there,but is there not a limit on the number of traps an amateur can use?
And if people go for every float in sight then they are exceeding their fair share of available catch. >:(
Therefore taking excess from the fishery. >:(

" the lobbys are still gone whether eaten by t h or sold by pro "

Agreed ,but thieves #are not restricted to what they can catch legaly.

"licence fees are supposed to aid amaters not pros. "

So anyone that thieves from a pro would leave amateur pots alone? :o

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1133862526/0

I think that the officers should be thanked for taking such prompt action.

Regards
Seabug

squidgiepalmer
24-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Hope they throw the book at this idiot couldn't play footy and can't even catch his own lobsters only thing he was good at was sledging he would of used his finger to but hoopa beat him to it hate MANLY GOOD ON YA TESSA
cheers squidgie

wayne_cook
26-02-2006, 02:53 PM
seabug sorry thought we were talking about where the money came from for the video fisheries used to aid the pro.
I've complained to fisheries about my pots being stolen.There response was for me to keep a better eye on them.
:o i never suggested what the same thieves would do to amateur pots.
thats your assumption. you might be rite.

I'm not down on pros or fisheries just concerned where amateur licence money is spent and who it directly aids.

If a high profile conviction aids amateurs well good & I guess we all win ;D

wayneoro
26-02-2006, 07:39 PM
what a waste of time they will get off scott free r/l stars they will have high dollar lawyers bull shit stories against limp fisheries but if it was you me or joe blow we would be drawn & quartered

robersl
27-02-2006, 07:26 AM
I HATE PEOPLE WHO RAID POTS ECT BUT WHAT HAPPENED TILL INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY IN COURT WOULD HATE SOME OF YOU GUYS TO BE ON A JURY IF I EVER CAME INTO COURT WITH PRECONVIEVED THOUGHTS MMMM :)

wayne_cook
27-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Video evidence is not bad proof.(If thats preconcieved point taken)
If that can't get a conviction what can,?but guilty or innocent was not the discussion.

Jitlands
27-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Do you think they will install a perspex screen between Tezza and the jury to keep saliva spray off them?