PDA

View Full Version : Life is to short

blaze
27-02-2006, 06:41 PM
It sadden me that we have lost 5 young people from our community (about 3000 people)due to a car accident on saturday.
Not directly affected myself except to the extent that they were all well know by my wife and daughter.
why do a post
dont know, only that its things like this that happen so suddenly that make you reflect on your own circumstances
stay safe
fish hard and often
enjoy
cheers
blaze

jimbo59
27-02-2006, 06:58 PM
And most of all,be friends with the big fella upstairs ::)

Lone_Wolf
27-02-2006, 08:21 PM
It's important to release the steam Blaze, pressure will only cook the spirit. Hearing ya...

szopen
27-02-2006, 08:34 PM
Blaze,

I live and work in high risk environment.
People die, get hurt.
Things happen out of the blue.
Doesn't matter how carefull you are.

S##t happens.

Still more of them get hurt as result of traffic accidents.
A couple weeks ago my brother in law was in one.
Got hurt real bad, barely survived.
Talked to him just yesterday.
He will live and he will fight to get back to normal life.

I have no God by after a few close shaves I belive in fate.

It is always sudden and unexpected.

I live to enjoy the live and live it well, so if my time comes I will have no regrets.
(Except of all the fish I did not catch).

Lucky_Phill
27-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Too often, the innocent are taken from us without warning.

When one reflects on the events that taken place in our own lives, it makes one wonder why we made it this far.

Is someone looking over us ? Are we lucky ? Did we do something so insignificant to avoid a tragedy ?

More so, I think we take our daily lives for granted. We certainly live in a wonderful country and have every reason to live our lives for as long as possible. Not only should we be responsible for what we do to ourselves, we should consider how those actions will impact on others around us.

Unfortunately, the hardest lessons in life are paid for by the highest price !

Your is post poignant !

Cheers Phill

seabug
27-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Hi Blaze,
So sorry to hear about the accident.
Our thoughts are with you

Regards
Seabug

S.S.
27-02-2006, 08:43 PM
After my Aunt died of breast cancer at age 36 some 10 years ago, I decided life was too short so I travel and fish all the time. Still have to work for a little longer yet so i can keep buying toys (that's fishing gear and boats by the way ;) ) but there's very few weekends of the year you'll find me at home.

Play hard - fish hard :)

ShaneJ
27-02-2006, 09:21 PM
I have to agree with the title of this post :(

My Dad passed away last monday(20th) from Cancer :'( He was only 65 :(

Dug
27-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Shane Sorry mate it hurts.

know how it feels.

I always think of the poem

"They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn."

It is usually for our soldiers but it goes for all young people we lose.

ShaneJ
27-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Shane Sorry mate it hurts.

know how it feels.

I always think of the poem

"They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn."

It is usually for our soldiers but it goes for all young people we lose.

Thanks mate.
I beleive that poem was read at my Dads service! He was once a Soldier at war.

Angla
27-02-2006, 10:47 PM
It is a sobering post that makes you realise that life is so very important and fragile. It seems to be a knife edge that will fall in a split second if that is your fate.

Work hard, live hard and most of all fish for the fun of it all.

My thoughts to those affected.

Angla

onerabbit
27-02-2006, 11:23 PM
A lesson to us all, live today, we may not wake up tomorrow.

Lost a family member over new year.

Muzz

el_carpo
27-02-2006, 11:41 PM
[smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif] Five more angels up in Heaven.

While I respect everyone's right to worship or not worship and believe or not believe (there's nothing more personal than faith and I never ever try to convert or preach to anyone), I do have a God and I believe that they are in a better place with a friend and Father who loves them more than the human mind can comprehend and are experiencing a true peace and tranquility we can't even begin to imagine. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I hope I'm right.

It's a sad thing when people pass on so young Blaze. It hurts like heck to lose those you care about. It's good to get things off your chest. Just be there for eachother and you and those involved will get through it.

I don't know where you stand on the question of God, but I'll keep you and everyone involved in my thoughts and prayers.

Be safe and good fishing everyone. [smiley=thumbup.gif]

One of my favorite poems:

Don't Weep for Me

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sun on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awake in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

Mary Frye, Baltimore Maryland 1932.

EC

fish_outta_water
28-02-2006, 04:29 AM
have to agree with the title of the thread there blaze . heart goes out to all effected .
condolances to you shane , lost my old man to cancer few years back (pancreas) , as leeannp says can make you evaulate your live and make more time for what you love doing .
will the community be sending a wreath?

Figjamm
28-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Sad but true, more often than not, life is too short :(

--
Be open to your dreams, people. Embrace that distant shore. Because our mortal journey is over all too soon. - David Assael

Panda
28-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Life is a lottery.
We have only limited control over our fate. The rest is up to the luck of the draw.

For the young fellars out there, -- when you hit 50 you start to realize the best years of life are running out fast and improving the quality of life takes on more importance.

Volvo
28-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Elcarpo, appreciated that Poem :).
Blaze and Shane my feeling for the loss n pain.
As for life being a lottery??. I think we are survivers from what life may try n dish up every now and again.
Mostly its about the bed we make for ourselves and how we lay in it which governs the quallity of it.
Yes one should try and live his or her life to the max and take care of those close to you at the same time.
Also do believe there's is a reason for things that happen sometimes . At the time it may not seem so and we argue why should this have happened to so n so???,unfair !! so inoccent etc but maybe his or her carma took em a wee early preventing them from maybe suffering themselves along with close ones further down the track!!??..
Whatched my father linger on in a Nursing home for yonks before passing over into the next world or wherever and to be honest i felt a sigh of relief for him rather than a loss with the only regret that i wasnt a tad closer to him whilst the chance was at hand.
To watch a strong proud man dwindle away to halfe himself and wearing a nappy at days end is not a pretty sight and if i thought something like that was to happen to me towards days end ide gladly say Ta-ta to this life and whover may be close to me ey.
Duzzamatter who one is they dont deserve to go without some form of dignity.
So yes :) I'm afraid sometimes what happens which may hurt us may be for the best for them.
Also believe that if one has unfinished bussinus , no matter how hard they try they just aint gunna go , Murphy makes sure of that ;).
As fer believing in "God".
Betcha most say a prayer if one of their loved ones has an accident or comes down with something ;).
Cheers

bidkev
28-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Blaze, sometimes words fail us and even if we found them, they couldn't adequately express how we sometimes feel saddened by a tragedy.

It's at times like this, that we can feel so small and insignificant. The truth is, sometimes we are, but at the same time we can be just the opposite, mighty and significant.

We are mighty in that we can rise above our own tragedies (however daily and mundane) and find the time to think of, and care about others. We are significant in that when our fellow man sees this, he becomes encouraged by other men's humanity and is comforted by that.

Mate, you've just been mighty and significant simply by taking the time to think of those poor folk and their relatives and friends.

My condolences Shane. No doubt your dad will still remain with you in spirit.

kev

I don't think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that still remains. (Anne Frank)

Bosunsmate
28-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Blaze,

I can totally understand your situation....Our daughter knew the kids involved in the Townsville smash that took 4 teens last year......four funerals and lots of tears and sleepless nights later the daughter is moving forward with her life, she is still great friends with one of the deceased's brothers which has undoubtedly made the grief process easier to bear.

Be there for them when ever they need some one, that is the best thing you can do, I lost count of the number of times I started crying simply because the daughter and wife were.
Let them know that you love them with your support.

PM me if you need some one to chat with.......after all talking shares the burden.

Graeme

Bosunsmate
28-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Shane,

Condolences and sympathy to you and your family. Our thoughts are with you.

I can't imagine how I will feel when my mother passes, one thing is for sure it will hurt..

Graeme

Big_Ren
28-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Without health, happiness, our beliefs, and our dear friends and family, what do we have? Most other things pale into insignificance. It is the reason why we face every new dawn, sometimes with intrepidation, but mostly with the express hope that somehow the world will be a better place from our existence that day.

The joy of life is the ultimate precious gift, and when we lose someone close to our hearts and our thoughts, we cannot help but feel helpless in our own mortality. Perhaps our biggest regrets lie in the things that weren't said, the things we could have said or the things we did say and didn't mean in times of weakness or anger.

So make each day count for what it is...an opportunity to embrace life and celebrate the things we stand for. Life is too short, enjoy every moment.

Cheers
Paul

chanquetas
28-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Yes, it was a very sad and tragic accident. And my heart went out to the families left behind when I heard about this in the news.

But, what exactly does it have to do with fishing?

dasher
28-02-2006, 09:47 PM
In the historic words of George of the Jungle. "WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE" You really have to relate to that because warnings are given to us every day. But we can't wrap ourselves in cotton wool so life goes on. Just enjoy yourself before you hit georges tree. :)

roz
28-02-2006, 11:17 PM
So very sorry Blaze,

It is times like these, that make us realise how precious our loved ones are.

Take care
Roz