PDA

View Full Version : Isolated Ramps

zedjack33
02-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Last Thurs had a day off and went up to a little creek north of Bundy. It’s a bit of an issue with access and the “ramp” is crap. But it is excellent once your in……..but then you have to get out. But you worry about that later.

Did alright with 6 muddies and about 5 litres of prawns. No keeper fish worth talking about but still caught plenty just under. Ended up with 5 jacks around the 320 to 340 mark. Oh well it wont be long and they will be the right size.

Anyway, it was time to head off and try and get this thing out of the water. Attached rope and skull dragged it up the bank and did a dry retrieve as the tide was too low. MMMMMMMMM flat tyre on the trailer. Bugger. Put the spare on, just had to pump it up a little bit. Heading down the road in the 100 zone the tread peels and I’m down to the rim. MMMMM what to do now? I pumped up the one I had just taken off thinking it may have just been a slow leak and it should be enough to get me home.

Well it got me home fine with no probs. However the tyre is still inflated after 7 days……….!!!!! Something smells a bit fishy. Back home looking at the crab pots and doing some repairs I found 2 with nice clean cuts just below the entrances, same spot on both pots.

Buggers share farming, A$$holes, or am I just being a bit paranoid?

This is the only issue with using isolated ramps…if some bugger finds you and doesn’t want you to be there…….there aint any help around!

Boz
02-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Mate, sounds like you've been done to me.

Obviously not after your crabs otherwise they wouldn't have cut your pots so probably some sort of animal rights activists.

"Can't save the whales so better save a mud crab!....And don't come back again"

Can't wait till I catch me one of those bast#&ds. >:(

Boz

PeterT
02-03-2006, 11:36 AM
It is a common way to pinch crabs in the territory. More in Darwin harbour where there are a higher proportion of low lifes per square k. They lift the trap, cut it with a knife, shake out the crab, chuck the pot and are gone in a matter of seconds. You keep lifting without seeing the cut and wonder why you aren't getting any crabs.

Share farmers keep up with latest technology and trends around Australia.

pete

cuzzamundi
02-03-2006, 01:33 PM
was that in littabella ck zedjack? great spot. bad luck mate - some people are ruthless.

cuzza

zedjack33
02-03-2006, 01:39 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe cuzza ::)