PDA

View Full Version : Darwin in July

Heath
02-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Gotta head up to Darwin for work in July. Am wondering whats on offer up there at that time of year? Might be able to squeeze in a charter, but would like some local info if possible. Will be taking a rod or two ;)

PeterT
02-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Barra will be slow but not impossible. Good Spaniards will be about as well as general reefies, jews, etc. Tuna come into the harbour as well as outwide. Spaniards at Lee point and Fenton patches is my favourite dry fishing. You can get a charter to the Vernons, Lorna shoal, Dundee, the list is endless and so is the species list.

Weather is boring. Perfect one day even more perfect the next and on and on and on till the build up. 30 degrees every day.

I remember one day last July I saw a cloud! It was a long way off and very small. But maybe it was smoke, oh well. You get the picture?

You can hire a good boat from geko boats complete with crab traps etc if that is the way you want to go.

pete

aussiefool
02-03-2006, 06:10 PM
mate if your into car racing and are there at the beginng of july. Do your self a big favour and go to hidden valley for the v8 super cars you will have a ball all weekend [smiley=thumbsup.gif] think the tickets are only $65. for the 3 days. If I can talk the misses into it we will be there again this year I'll be on the hill under the 3rd tree from the marshalls box next to the fence
cya there with luck

robersl
02-03-2006, 07:45 PM
jetstar are starting flights to darwin in may from 99 dollars 1 way

Heath
02-03-2006, 10:50 PM
mate if your into car racing and are there at the beginng of july. Do your self a big favour and go to hidden valley for the v8 super cars you will have a ball all weekend [smiley=thumbsup.gif] think the tickets are only $65. for the 3 days. If I can talk the misses into it we will be there again this year I'll be on the hill under the 3rd tree from the marshalls box next to the fence
cya there with luck

Unfortunately thats where I'll be working ;) 8-) Someones gotta make sure you V8 fans get your online content :D