PDA

View Full Version : taxidermy

bigyay
27-02-2006, 02:47 PM
anyone know a good taxidermist that dose skin mount not repos of all kinds of fish all so anyone with any pics of there mounts could you email them to me bigyay@hotmail.com thanks

Truck
27-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Mate, I work for a chemical trading company in Brisbane and I personally look after a Taxedirmist that is in Toowoomba, I have been to his workshop and seen his finished product but have no photos sorry, from what I saw he does a very good job and is a keen fisherman himself!!!

His details are: Mr David Mould, Lifelike Taxidermy Phone- 0746333472

Hope this helps..... by the way what do you want to get done??

finga64
27-02-2006, 04:44 PM
here's another one to keep them honest ;)
http://www.taxidermy.net.au/

rossco
02-03-2006, 09:16 PM
freshwater fishing magazine had an article on taxidermy in issue 74 september/october last year.

cheers
rossco

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
02-03-2006, 09:26 PM
I phoned a bloke here in Rockhampton last year who is a taxidermist. I asked him how much to do a large mudcrab, $200 he said. I asked him how much to do a 10kg king salmon, $1,000 he said. Seemed to be damn expensive.

Cheers
Dave

Sandman
03-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Skin mounts would be expensive with fish !! I do my own when i need to , i did one full skin mount ( my first attempt on a fish) It was a bullrout i had as an aquarium fish , it took a total of 2 hours in carefully removing the skin etc intact then after stuffing and preserving the skin in "special solution" another 4 weeks to totaly preserve the fish on a mount!! Alot of work involved in that best opinion to offer is that if you want a full skin mount there are easy ways of Freeze drying this can be done at home , keep in mind you would need to touch the fish up one the processs is finished- works well with Mud crabs but i would rather eat the fella's !!!!
In my opinion it is far better to get a casting of a fish rather than to stuff !! Now if your talking pigs deer etc i can do Skin mounts !!!
Mick

Sandman
03-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Hope this works

Sandman
03-03-2006, 02:44 PM
A small example of an archer fish i did this one i had mounted in my office at work and another i have at home is actualy jumping out off the water after a beetle!!! Looks good to.