PDA

View Full Version : what exactly does inclement weather mean

catchy_fishy
01-03-2006, 06:29 AM
busy doing my skippers and have come across this big term, suggesting not to go out in inclement weather.

Often we will go out in light rain and get good fish ?? Not too far mind ya ::)

when does weather become inclement ? :-? :-?

Catchy Fishy

MAybe Pink Panther can shed some light

Lone_Wolf
01-03-2006, 07:47 AM
In summary, I think it's meaning is, the extremes of weather.

Dictionary.com suggests...

in·clem·ent ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-klmnt)
adj.
Stormy: inclement weather.
Showing no clemency; unmerciful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Entry: inclement1
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: rough, harsh; extreme, severe
.................................................. .................................................. ..
Main Entry: inclement2
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: severe, unrelenting; cruel

choppa
01-03-2006, 09:23 PM
oh please catchy,,,, dont give pinky any ideas,,,, read my request in ""who am i"",,,,,,,,choppa

al-straddie
02-03-2006, 10:23 AM
I always took it for a rainy/windy day. A day to watch DVD's or stay in bed with the missus :o

bidkev
02-03-2006, 10:48 AM
As interpreted by the Enterprise Bargaining Agreement" (Building Workers)

"Inclement weather will mean the existence of rain or abnormal climatic conditions (whether they be those of hail, snow, cold, high wind, severe dust storm, extreme high temperatures or the like) by virtue of which it is unsafe for staff members to continue working when exposed to this weather."

kev

People would enjoy life more if, once they got what they wanted, they could remember how much they wanted it.

2iar
02-03-2006, 03:41 PM
As interpreted by the Enterprise Bargaining Agreement" (Building Workers)

"Inclement weather will mean the existence of rain or abnormal climatic conditions (whether they be those of hail, snow, cold, high wind, severe dust storm, extreme high temperatures or the like) by virtue of which it is unsafe for staff members to continue working when exposed to this weather."

kev

People would enjoy life more if, once they got what they wanted, they could remember how much they wanted it.

Or as interpreted by the Enterprise Bargaining Agreement" (Public Servants)

"Inclement weather will mean the existence of any type of weather. It is unlikely that staff members will continue working when exposed to this weather."

Apols to the PS's aboard :D

Good luck,
Mike

charexblue
03-03-2006, 04:54 PM
;Dgood answer Lone Wolf , have 1400 sheep to get crutched and inclement weather everyday so far, good for grass, worst part is i cant take time off to go fishing :'( dash it all as i nice cod would go down well. :)
i would call inclement weather, where conditions are likely to change rather quickly, as in fine and sunny to showers or storms.
cheers peter

Grand_Marlin
04-03-2006, 07:10 AM
Inclement weather is when you get to the boat ramp... look at the weather and think:

"Should I, or Shouldn't I.

catchy_fishy
05-03-2006, 06:43 AM
Inclement weather is when you get to the boat ramp... look at the weather and think:

"Should I, or Shouldn't I.

I spose thats about the simplest explanation.

The theory behind the skipper's ticket is that it is trying to make a point and teach about safety. If you have to question it at the boat ramp - then I guess the lesson has been taught.

Thanks for the responses

Lone_Wolf
05-03-2006, 08:18 AM
Inclement weather is, today in Brisbane! :-[