PDA

View Full Version : SORRY MATE,, BUT I HAD TO LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

choppa
01-03-2006, 11:30 PM
had the great job of packing up the 4x4 with the essential fishing gear last sunday,as i was told by my best mate (3yr old grandson) that he wanted to go fishn,, after we went through the checklist, 1. rods. 2. bucket. 3. tackle box. 4. chair for him, chair for me. 5. bait. 6. aerogard, we set off,,,,,,,,,Pops favorite SECRET spot here we come,,,,,,,After we got there, we unpacked,,, this has to be done in an order that only he understands and usually takes 10-15 minutes,, i baited up the rods and the traps were set,,, we only needed the fish,, it wasn't to long a wait,, and we started getting baited left right and centre,, i was excited, grandson was excited,, the fish were definitely excited,, on the last retrieve of my rod, i baited his, cast it in, and passed it back as he made himself more comfortable in his chair,,,,NOW I ONLY HAD MY BACK TURNED FOR NO MORE THAN 5 SECONDS WHEN,,,,SSSPPPLLLAAASSSHHH,,,,,,POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!,,, as i turned back around, here he is,, spreadeagled in the drink,, the rod in 1 hand going berserk,,, his other waving around in thin air,, and he's upset cause he's drenched,,
outcome,, no fish,, repack car,, strip g/son of wet clothes,, and back home to bath and shower,,, he watches dvd's for rest of stay and pop spends next 2-3 hrs cleaning every thing down,,,,
READY FOR NEXT SUNDAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,choppa

szopen
01-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Choppa,

Sounds like a great day out.

All the trouble could be easily avoided by splashing them wet to start with.
(I do this with my wee daugter).

Even if they fall into the drink ain't making no difference.

aussiefool
02-03-2006, 06:30 AM
aint' Grandkid the best ;) spoil the heck out of them and give the back. only quallity time with them all the time [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

DICER
02-03-2006, 08:12 AM
fish 1, grandad nil

very funny.

my first yabby I caught was by walking in.....

stonecold
02-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Good to see he's got his priorities right at such a young age. He hung onto the fishing rod!! ;D

once_bitten
05-03-2006, 12:42 AM
lol i hope that experience hasnt detered him from going fishing again

cheers Nino

Angla
05-03-2006, 03:09 AM
Priceless event

You just need a cardboard box now

Angla

catchy_fishy
05-03-2006, 06:28 AM
loved your story. i have a 3yr old son - took him fishing this weekend - we were out for nearly an hour in thick mist and light rain.

We both got sopping. Eventually I knew it was time coz he was crying all the time.

Shame cold and wet. I was in trouble with his mom though - you can imagine.

I too caught no fish.

vanurose
05-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Lovely story
There should be more granddads like you
Cheers
Rose

Jewmaster
07-03-2006, 03:09 PM
What type of fish would you guess it was