View Full Version : Sad loss of a fellow fisherman @ the age of 23

vanurose
06-03-2006, 08:50 AM
I am lost for words
I am in shock at his age
What can I say?

JEWIENEWIE
06-03-2006, 10:36 AM
I am only 32 years of age and live a good lifestyle, am married nd have a 3mth bab y girl. Some friends and family say i should be not having so many holidays from work, i own my own business and have set it up so i can, some say i should be saving more money for the future so i bought a house in the hills that has my retirment sorted. This is just my opinion but reading articles like this makes me feel even more stronger about the decisions i make. I dont want to sound like a pesimist here, but the only gaurantee we have in life is that sometime we are all going to leave this place sooner or hopefully later, so i live everyday to its full, i will continue to fish camp holiday laugh and cry with my beatiful family as much as humanly possible. It soen not matter who you are or what you do, be true to yourself today, and the future will take care of itself.
Jewienewie

rajawolf
07-03-2006, 08:35 AM
While Ausfish was down, #I looked around other fishing boards to fill in some time, and came across this post on "fishnet forums" I will just post the link as it is very sad. #:'(

http://www.fishnet.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49136&f=1 #

There are other threads there trying to raise money to help his wife and new baby.

land_based
07-03-2006, 09:22 AM
What an absolute tragedy, very saddening. It makes you wonder some days how such great people can be taken from us at such a young age with a bright future ahead of them. I guess you have to live every day like it could be your last.

choppa
08-03-2006, 11:11 AM
i hate stories like this,,,, personally we all have to take solace in being here today and who knows where tomorrow,,,and it CAN happen to anyone of us,,, oct 2004 i came down with a common cold that led to a very sore and irritable throat,,,this condition placed me in hospital for 8 months,,, cancer can strike anytime,,, now i count my blessings but when we learn about people who are struck down at such an early age with a young family,,, just makes me wonder,,,, my condolances to the family

Darryl
08-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Condoloences to the family.

I lost an uncle that spent most of the entire Vietnam war in Vietnam and come out unscathed from it ,but died of a massive heart attack at 23 playing cricket in Dalby after being home only 4 months from Vietnam.

onerabbit
08-03-2006, 03:40 PM
:( :( :( How terrible,
makes us all feel VERY mortal.

So sorry for his family.

Wake up, enjoy, go to sleep.

Muzz

redspeckle
09-03-2006, 05:26 AM
I know how the family feels and what they be going thorugh it hapen to us last with my brother also died from a heart attack at 35yrs :oand also left young family behind of 2 childern under age of 10
Still miss my brother today :'( and kids have no dad to gudie them through life, as family its something never recover from live with you for rest of your life
After this happen I went had my heart check out and full medical check up
My condoloences go's out to the family
Mitch

catchy_fishy
09-03-2006, 07:21 AM
I've just read the entire post/s on fishnet.

:'( :'( :'(Stories like this make me cry buckets.

There never are right words, but I felt the need to share.

My dad drowned in a fishing accident when I was 5, my brother 3, and my mom was 7 months pregnant with my sister.

I really feel for Matts wife and daughter, not forgetting his mom and dad as well, and immediate family, and close friends as they too will be hurting.

Life changes. Memories and photo's become important things to hold on to, so too do material effects. I keep a bakerlite fly reel of my dad's still today, 31 years later. (one of the few things we still have).On a really sad day (and there are far fewer of them with time) I like to look at it and just hold it, reel the line in, and spin the casing a bit.

I hope Matts family will encourage Bianca to learn about fishing, to better understand her dad, even if she doesn't actively participate.

Who knows maybe, given that its in her blood, she will fall in love with a fisherman, get married, and go crabbing on honeymoon.

My best wishes to the friends and family on a hard road ahead.

Catchy Fishy