PDA

View Full Version : dead fish on the coast beaches,,,

choppa
09-03-2006, 03:06 PM
reading todays sunshine coast daily,,, theres an article about all the dead fish washing up on most of the beaches up here,,,its being blamed on the pros dumping them as a BY CATCH,,,theres whiting,,,scorpion fish,, jew,,,crabs and the list goes on,,,seems to me like a huge waste of fish,,, but the article states that the commercial fisherman are not allowed to retain these species because of regulations,,, whiting apparently seem to be the main culprit,,,, they were ONCE allowed to keep all the catch and sell it to their various suppliers ,,,,but alas new rules,,,,new laws,,,, and the game plan changes,,,,,,,,,,,

now is it just me,,,,,,we have to stop the pro's selling species of fish that they are not licenced to sell,,,,, but to stop this practice,,they are told that they are not allowed to catch those species of fish,,, and if they do,,, they cannot get caught with it on board,,,, so they dump it,,,(Bycatch),,,,,mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

all this apparently was done to ensure enough fish are retained for the amatuers to catch,,,,,,,,,,,hey thats me

Jeremy
09-03-2006, 03:12 PM
there is already a discussion on this here
http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1141819676