PDA

View Full Version : RIP BEN KING

JEWIENEWIE
14-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Although this is a fishing chat site, i am sure many people would have met or had dealings with Ben King. He was president of the Far North Coast Boardriders and a pillar in the surfing community on the northern rivers. Ben was a born giver, giving his time rreadily to anyone who needed it, his fundraising and support was amazing and will never be forgotten. Ben tragically died on sunday at pipi beach during the regional titles. To Jenny, Kurt, Maddy and Paris, your husband/ father was an amazing man and he will never be forgotten. Hold your heads up high and be proud of what your father has done for our community. Rest in Peace Ben.
Jewienewie

Roo
14-03-2006, 12:16 PM
I only met ben recently at the kirra teams challenge. Seemed like a decent sort of bloke and didn't appear to be ready to go quite yet. It's a tragedy when good men die young. My condolenses to his family and friends, I'm sure he will be missed for many years to come.

We should all remember "Just one more cast " or "Just one more wave" you never know when its your last.

Roo.