PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Brisbane

Dan7uk
15-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Hi all, I am travelling to Brisbane in June for 3 weeks to stay with family & friends.
I would luv to wet a line or two #;) or three #::) whilst over in Oz, not bothered if it is from a small boat, beach,jetty,pier etc etc. Would really luv to tangle with a Barramundi if they inhabit the Brisbane shores #8-) but not choosey as long as I get my string pulled.

I am staying in the Carina area of Brizzi.

Has anybody got any starters for me at all ? #:-/

Please feel free if any more info is required.

Cheers

Danny

bo_sawyer
15-03-2006, 01:39 PM
no barramundi down here mate :(

can you get to the golcoast? its about a 55 minute trip from Carina.

Benno75
15-03-2006, 02:17 PM
My advice is to book your self on a charter. Plenty around, look up www.yellowpages.com.au for Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine coast areas.

They will provide all your gear bait etc, and put you on to the fish.

If you really want a barra, there is a fish farm on the sunshine coast near Bli Bli no the Maroochy River. You pay by the hour, and then pay to keep your fish. I'e never fished there - plenty do though.

Fishin_Dan
15-03-2006, 02:35 PM
The closest Barra will be at the Aussie Fishing Park at Bli Bli. It's about 1.5 hours up the road from where you will be.

If you're landbased, then there are a lot of options open to you, and if you have a car, it will be much easier.

Otherwise a charter is teh best option for you.

Archer
15-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Has Glassy Fishing park closed down? The one down on Beenleigh Beaudesert Rd.

Glassy's Fishing World
Cnr Halls & Beenleigh Beaudesert Rds Luscombe QLD 4207
ph: (07) 5546 4407

Not excactly wild barra but was good fun when i last went...Which was a good 5 years ago now so some of the fish in there would be HUGE by now! :o
Anyone been recently?

Lone_Wolf
15-03-2006, 03:02 PM
The closest you will get to Barra is Sams Seafood at Hamilton, marketed as Basa fillets ;D ;D ;D

theoldlegend
15-03-2006, 05:05 PM
I think that's Royal Basa fillets.

Went to Woolies at Capalaba this morning in search of Basa fillets and they didn't have any. :(

All they had was "imported freshwater fillets". Bugga! >:( Cheap it was too.

TOL

Dan7uk
17-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the replies folks.

A charter may be order of the day but I reckon a lot of my time will be land based. Any specific shore points ?

Shame about the Barra's but as long as it pulls back I will be happy ! #;)

Thanks

Danny