PDA

View Full Version : Take your kids fishing!

2rods
15-03-2006, 08:35 AM
Thought I would share a few of my favorite pics of the young lad and some fish. :)

He is not quite 3 yet and is dead keen to go fishing "all" the time (but so am I).
He already knows the names of about 15 fish and can show you which is which on a poster and instead of books at bed time he wants me to tell him fishing stories... The wife thinks I have created a monster. Anyway it's a good excuse to go fishing and to buy more fishing gear (for him of course). And better than a play station!!

Here he is with a 55cm Barra and his fishing shirt.

2rods
15-03-2006, 08:37 AM
And an old one with a queen fish.

2rods
15-03-2006, 08:38 AM
and one with his favorite a jewie ;D ;D

2rods
15-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Now I just need to wait for his brother to get a bit older(he's only 5 months) and the 3 of us can head out fishing every weekend. :) :)

Cheers

2rods

tshort
15-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Yep, doesnt get any better. Heres Roy 5 waiting for a shark, his target species at the moment. I'm prepared to lose the whole rig overboard as he just loves it. Convinced him last trip to leave the rod in the holder and reel from there and it worked thank god.

choppa
15-03-2006, 04:01 PM
hey there 2rods,,, if the wife thinks you,ve created a monster check out my 3 yr old g/son stories,,,,and like you mate,,, i cant even start the truck up anymore,,, if he hears it,,, we're going fishn,,,,

which reminds me,,,, tomorrow is planned for his first redclaw adventure,,,,,,

fish-n-dive
15-03-2006, 04:18 PM
You seen it before...................but any opportunity to show off my youngest lad......................4yo Lachlan @ Fairburn Dam. :)

Cheers 8-)

spuderico
15-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Warms the cockels of me heart to see this stuff :) As I have posted on an earlier thread, I am just getting into boating & fishin again after about 20yrs to get the kids away from the telly and computer.
They would'nt know one end of afish from the other ..................or a boat for that matter :-[ cant wait to see their faces when they hook up their first F.I.S.H. Ahh makes me all goose bumby. Haven't got that much gear though :-/

Just_chips
15-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Great post 2rods, good to see the little people out having a fish. They are the future of our recreation, the more kids that grow up with fond memories of fishing trips the better IMHO. I also have a couple of regular fishing partners that are about half my height, I can't get out fishing without them and I really wouldn't want it any other way.

Cheers Kev

BAIT_MAN
15-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Here is my little girl

fishface
15-03-2006, 08:45 PM
i take my 5yr old daughter out fishing a lot...thats why i got the boat right?
shes got good sea legs and doesnt mind a bit of chop in the water.

BAIT_MAN
15-03-2006, 08:48 PM
My son Brandon

BAIT_MAN
15-03-2006, 08:51 PM
At wynnum t jetty

onerabbit
15-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Will find it and post it, much to his disgust, but I have a photo of my oldest ( Charlie ) boys first ever fish, a whiting at 3, now 14 & juniour champ in our club for the last 3years. He got sick a bit at first, but now he kicks some arse at sea as well, just so good to share my love with my kids , even when I'm gone, they will still have the love for it. Max is also a fisho, wil add a shot of him too, great to see you bringing up your kids to be fisho's.

Muzz

onerabbit
15-03-2006, 08:58 PM
That my youngest , this one my oldest .

catchy_fishy
16-03-2006, 03:54 AM
Nicholas and I

catchy_fishy
16-03-2006, 03:57 AM
and me forcing him to love my fishing clothes

catchy_fishy
16-03-2006, 04:00 AM
his first fishing trip

catchy_fishy
16-03-2006, 04:38 AM
and another

tshort
16-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Hope thats a fly rod your using in the first shot catchy and not a big bunch of grapes hanging off your reel.

longtail
16-03-2006, 02:16 PM
great post guys , my kids love it too

jason

my 3 yr old son

longtail
16-03-2006, 02:17 PM
my 6 yr old daughter

bidkev
16-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Warms my heart to see that so many of you have got the kids to share your passion. The pics are a delight. Here's my mob :D

kev

fish-n-dive
16-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Nicholas and I

You sure you didn't get that picture from a tourist mag somewhere??? ;)

Seriously, great photo mate!!!! :)

Cheers 8-)

catchy_fishy
17-03-2006, 05:11 AM
Hope thats a fly rod your using in the first shot catchy and not a big bunch of grapes hanging off your reel.

Oh yes, but as you can see it's last season's line, and is full of memory

Cheers

Catchy Fishy

Nice posts everyone - Kingtin have you got 5 kids or were there friends on board ?

catchy_fishy
17-03-2006, 05:14 AM
A great way I inspire/d Nicholas to enjoy fishing was to take the trebles off a rapala and cast it into the swimming pool, its safe, and of course the rapala swims well too.

A bit of a pain to put the trebles back on though

2rods
17-03-2006, 08:27 AM
Yep there is nothing quite like it is there. I am going to take Will out on Sunday to have a look for some mud crabs in Darwin habour or if the weather is bad we might just go up the river and chase barra..

Choper I read your story about the grandson and the goldfish called "bait" if that didn't put a smile on your face nothing will a. ;D ;D

Just love seeing all the pic's of the kids fishing. I remember going with grandad 30 years ago to the goldcoast and getting whiting that were so big when you put them in the bucket their tails hung out the top...real elbow slappers. :)

Keep them posts coming.. it might just get some of the other mums and dads inspired enough to get the generation addicted to australias best sport.

cheers

2rods

nodjule
17-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Make sure young William has got his kidney belt on big fella......... ;D

2rods
17-03-2006, 09:54 AM
AH nodjule.... the weather has been kind so far so he should be OK.

If all else fails I will take him to the wharf and get some sardines... on the jig rigs 8-)

nodjule
17-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Take him down to Dundee, he can get you back to the lodge after you consume all of those tooheys old cans ;)

spuderico
17-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Kingtin Im lovin your family pic mate! ThatL be me on Sunday I hope!
Should stop em squabblin pretty dam fast. Fish dont like Kids I'll tell em..That should put the pressure on em ;)

2rods
17-03-2006, 10:53 PM
hey there 2rods,,, if the wife thinks you,ve created a monster check out my 3 yr old g/son stories,,,,and like you mate,,, i cant even start the truck up anymore,,, if he hears it,,, we're going fishn,,,,

which reminds me,,,, tomorrow is planned for his first redclaw adventure,,,,,,

How did ya go Choppa?? get any redclaw???

I didn't know they had them on bribie!! :-/ :-/

catchy_fishy
18-03-2006, 06:14 AM
Any form of fishing is enjoyed by my little one - Nicholas, but boating is his all time favourite. Also see my first post of SWMBO (my dear wife) who agreed to buying the boat.

impulse492f
18-03-2006, 08:26 AM
This was the boys first...... he loves it.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
18-03-2006, 08:29 AM
Hard Men aren't afraid to get their feet wet & sandy. # #;) (ya listening webby ???)

fishing hints for family men

if you can recognise the spot - it is a whiting a cast, on yabs you pump at your feet & the kids can catch dinner - from the top of the flood for the first half of the ebb

most blokes go past it.

chris # #::)

CHRIS_aka_GWH
18-03-2006, 08:32 AM
the fight. Lachlan onto a 30+cm snodger.

CHRIS_aka_GWH
18-03-2006, 09:18 AM
hard men with dinner

most whiting there are between 23-30 cm but you get the odd one to 40cm that just 'goes off' in the shallow water.

I remember one of the first catch & release lessons for the boys there, I had a tough time convincing them to release a 22cm whiting - they eventually did willingly - we nursed it back to strength in the shallows at our feet admiring the way it fins moved, watching with great interest the manner in which it pumped water over its gills & rotated its eyes.

Lesson 1 - all things in nature are things of beauty & deserve admiration.

When it looked strong again, I told the boys to say goodbye so it could swim off to freedom, grow bigger have some babies & then maybe be caught by us again. The boys whispered & waved "see ya later fishie" & I opened my cupped hands as it swam away into the big blue only to be jumped upon by a sea eagle 10m out & taken to ... err .... heaven ??? [smiley=worried2.gif] [smiley=wreck.gif] [smiley=uhoh.gif]

Lesson 2 - nature's cruel. # :-?

chris

CHRIS_aka_GWH
18-03-2006, 09:27 AM
parenting is tough work - all that putting food on the plate and all ..... #::)

this is how i catch a feed of whiting !

Lone_Wolf
18-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Great photos GWH, although it seems unusual not to see a rum in that left hand of yours. Were these the PG rated photos for a family segment? See you tonight!

Lone_Wolf
18-03-2006, 11:17 AM
My fishing crew.

Kingtin, that's the guard dog I told you about. How is the new Highland terrier settling in?

Lone_Wolf
18-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Taylor learning the ropes. Note: pink rods for girls and colour coordinated with the cap!