PDA

View Full Version : Idiot of the week

davo
15-03-2006, 09:12 PM
On the way home I witness an act of stupidity and plain ignorance that amazed me.
I was driving along and an old bloke came past with a brand new tinnie on a trailer with no motor. He had obviously just picked it up as the webbing tie down strap was far too long and the end had come loose and was trailing the boat trailer.

Behind him was another bloke in a Mitsubishi Triton 4wd ute. My wife noticed that the ute was trying to run over the webbing from the tie down.

This was not a good idea as the strength of the webbing plus the 4wd could have done some damage to the old guys new boat. The idiot in the ute must have though it was funny.

We were behind them in the other lane but managed to catch up and warn the old bloke of the problem. He stopped on the road and at the next lights the idiot passed us as he turned left and gave up the one finger salute.

I would have loved the police to be nearby.

What sort of mentality do these people have to cause others grief for their own pleasure. I'm afraid Brissy isn't what it used to be.

choppa
15-03-2006, 09:24 PM
on the other side of the coin davo,,i was following a suzuki towing a tinny last week along bribie road,,, i couldnt work out what the occassional LOUD banging and clanging was,,,,sensing something was not right i overtook him only to notice he had the jockey wheel still down,,, trying to advise him of the problem, whilst yelling through the window and pointing back i got rewarded for my trouble with the finger salute and he took off,,,,still with the banging and clanging

had tiger plates on both car and trailer,,,,dont know and dont care how far he got til he realised,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,chop

theoldlegend
15-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Mate, there's idiots everywhere. If this goose had run over the strap, he probably would have torn the tinny off the trailer and run over it, causing all sorts of problems.

Makes you wonder what these fools are thinking sometimes.

TOL

finga64
16-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Or it could have gone the other way when the idiot drove on the strap bending the hook still attached to the trailer the strap and hook would have acted like a missile straight through the idiot of the weeks windscreen. That would have been a shame.
:)

SgBFish
16-03-2006, 10:09 AM
If the ute had hit it and something had happened to him his lawyer would have claimed he was the victim of the whole incident.

simonm
16-03-2006, 03:46 PM
definately one of those times you'd be happy to offer up your eye witness account to the police. the guy in the ute deserves a hiding for that one.

roz
16-03-2006, 07:45 PM
An independent eye witness in court. If needed.... would have given you a deal of satisfaction me thinks. Good on you Davo, there should be more like you out there.

Roz.

Lone_Wolf
16-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Full moon this week ladies and gentleman and it's no surprise that the werewolfs and idiots are out and about!

Dug
16-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Full moon it brings out the worst in the nut cases.

You never want to work in a casualty ward on full moon nights.

Scalem
16-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Yep, there's a few out there.... Here's a question for those that drive a motorbike. If you are travelling in the right hand lane of the freeway on your bike and someone tailgates you in a car that much they give you the irrates, what would you do?

I saw this clown slam on the brakes so much the car following narrowly slowed down in time. He then turned around, motioning the driver to back off. That might be something I might try in my 4WD, but on a motorbike? He could have been toast in peak hour traffic. Idiot!! :-/

Scalem

Crestcutter06
16-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Every village has one.

slugo
17-03-2006, 05:32 AM

that is 100% correct Dug I have good mates that are ambos and their work load increases every time there is a full moon from idiots doing stupid things

finga64
17-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Yep, there's a few out there.... #Here's a question for those that drive a motorbike. #If you are travelling in the right hand lane of the freeway on your bike and someone tailgates you in a car that much they give you the irrates, what would you do?

I saw this clown slam on the brakes so much the car following narrowly slowed down in time. He then turned around, motioning the driver to back off. That might be something I might try in my 4WD, but on a motorbike? #He could have been toast in peak hour traffic. #Idiot!! :-/

Scalem
Sorry Brian, I won't break as hard next time #;)
But seriously the bloke in the car (he's the idiot, not the bike rider) must have forgotten the 3 second rule. It's in the book but how many people DON"T do it. It gets on my goat when your travelling along leaving a decent gap to the person in front and some clown barges in to within 6 micro meters of the front bumber. Wish my 1 tonner with the dirty big bull bar was registered #>:(
The things people try on you when you ride a bike is pretty bad. That's one reason I got a dirty big white BMW bike and wear a white open faced helmet and have a blue coat. Amasing how people treat you with a little respect when you look a little like a copper :D
I've had to kick my share of doors due to the few inconsiderates (read a--holes) ;)
Cheers (the cranky old bugger) Scott

harry_h01
17-03-2006, 08:15 AM
A mate of mine used to ride a bike around Brisbane.

for incidents where someone was tailgateing he used to carry a paintball grenade. They are a piece of surgical rubber filled with water based paint, and fitted with a ball bearing in the end. He had it strapped to his fuel tank. If someone was over the top in tailgateing he would ride up beside then and get them to roll down the window. He'd then lob it into the back seat and watch as the ball bearing popped out.

He used two total in his time on the road, and still laffs when he recalls the expression on their face when the paint starts flying around the inside of the car.

Harry

PinHead
17-03-2006, 09:19 AM
A mate of mine used to ride a bike around Brisbane.

for incidents where someone was tailgateing he used to carry a paintball grenade. # They are a piece of surgical rubber filled with water based paint, and fitted with a ball bearing in the end. # He had it strapped to his fuel tank. # If someone was over the top in tailgateing he would ride up beside then and get them to roll down the window. # He'd then lob it into the back seat and watch as the ball bearing popped out.

He used two total in his time on the road, and still laffs when he recalls the expression on their face when the paint starts flying around the inside of the car.

Harry

That wins it...take a situation with one idiot and your mate turns into one also....a real laugh when the person with the paint in the car loses concentration and loses control....could take himself and your mate out in the process...not real smart from either of them.

snappa
17-03-2006, 01:00 PM
:)... Here's a question for those that drive a motorbike. If you are travelling in the right hand lane of the freeway on your bike and someone tailgates you in a car that much they give you the irrates, what would you do? :)

its against the rules to travel in the right hand lane on the freeway unless overtaking ..>>> ;)

finga64
17-03-2006, 01:08 PM
:)... #Here's a question for those that drive a motorbike. #If you are travelling in the right hand lane of the freeway on your bike and someone tailgates you in a car that much they give you the irrates, what would you do? #:)

its against the rules to travel in the right hand lane on the freeway unless overtaking #..>>> # ;)

Aaah, but what if you ( the bike rider) also are passing a vehicle #:)
And there always the safe distance for following vehicles

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/LTASinfo.nsf/ReferenceLookup/Your_keys_driving_skills.pdf/$file/Your_keys_driving_skills.pdf

Do the second link and go to page 72

If anyone is not passing-get over to the left
I'm not defending ALL bike riders as some are just an accident waiting to happen. But a lot cop heaps from other motorists just because they ride bikes.
Patience and courtesy are virtues that only a few exhibit nowadays. :'(
Still the cranky old bugger #;)
Scott

Scalem
17-03-2006, 09:59 PM
To the Cranky 'ol buggar,

Just as an effort to bring you back to neutral ground ( yes I know it's hard, but go back to the night of the 15th March when this actually happened) the Motorbike WAS NOT actually overtaking anyone, he was just happy to be doing approx the speed limit, but the person behind him wanted to get past.

I know we all like to think that we live in a perfect world and everyone applies the 3 second rule, but guess what dude, it does not always happen, as on this night. So is this particular rider going to ride the rest of his days always believing he is surrounded by perfect, angelic motorists driving with common sense? If so, his days are numbered, so who is the real idiot? :o I'd suggest it's the one who lives the shortest ;)

Scalem

gawby
18-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Harry,

Ive gotta agree with pinhead, your mate is a first class d head and has no due consideration to other road users if does this.
I bet your mate never rushes up the inside and outside of traffic when going slow or for that matter barges between cars clipping mirrors. No of course not.
Graeme

shaman
18-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Oh well, Here we go again.
All you perfect road users who have never tailgated or had a touch of road rage! Almost angelic with your protestations and outrage. You'll put me off my lunch!!

Commodore
18-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Talking about motor bike riders, I just witnessed a real full moon victim, Guy on a trail bike comes off round about going down hill and pops a big mono right passed a cop car waiting to turn out of car park :o :o….needless to say the coppers had something to do for there rest of the arvo… ;) ;D…bloody idiot.

finga64
18-03-2006, 04:06 PM
yep, your right chong. Idiot :)

land_based
20-03-2006, 01:24 AM
I see stuff like this every day. I do about 800-900 k's a week getting to and from work and what not. Most of these k's are highway driving. Yes you should leave a gap of 3 seconds between yourself and the car infront of you, but the amount of people i see sitting in the right hand lane not passing a vehicle or travelling well below the speed limit is ludacris. I'm not saying im the perfect driver but i am saying that this would have to cause 90 % of road rage on highways. It's simple you should not be in the right hand lane unless overtaking or avoiding a hazard. But saying that i am totally over getting angry on the roads. When it comes down to it, you have to ask yourself how much quicker is it going to get you to your destination just by passing 1 car, or doing 10 k's over the limit, or tail gating the bloke in front of you because hes going 5 k's under the limit, and is it worth risking a fine, the stress, anger and maybe your life?

end rant/

Feral
20-03-2006, 05:41 AM
DO what you always do when someone tailgates, just take the foot of the pedal and slow down gently until they either get the hint, or your doing 20kph, the safe distance for someone to be 4 foot of your rear end!

wetaline
20-03-2006, 07:12 AM

that is 100% correct Dug I have good mates that are ambos and their work load increases every time there is a full moon from idiots doing stupid things

Same with (beat) coppers.

wetaline
20-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Some good posts here regarding bikes and cars. Both Mrs. Wetaline and myself ride (for fun) and we drive cars. Until recently Mrs. Wetaline was driving a CV8 Monaro. We neither love nor hate car drivers, as do we neither love nor hate bike riders.

However we have a rule when we get on our bikes, "Riding is a calculated risk". Push the rule and you push your luck.
Cars will win every time in a bike vs car, tree, road, fence, cliff, other (pick one) scenario.

The fastest way to end a promising recreational fishing career is to ride irresponsibly.
You can tell St. Peter, the Grim Reaper and the attending mortician, that you were in the right at the time of the accident, but the cold (pun intended) fact is, you wont be tying a hook on again for a very long time if you ride irresponsibly. Even good riders get killed or maimed on our roads (refer to rule one).

There are idiots on both side of this equation.
When out riding if I'm tempted to "give it a fistful" I pause and think, "What if the front tyre blew right now", that soon sobers my thinking up.
I'm not trying to look like "Mr. Perfect" here; it's just that any accident on a bike hurts. Be it the body or the hip pocket nerve.

We both stopped riding with a nationally recognised bike club because a number of members at our local branch hadn't grown up, despite it being an over fifties club.

As some of the members above have alluded, it's best to stress less, live longer and be happy.

BTW This has always had me thinking. On a multi lane highway you are only supposed to use the right hand lane to overtake. If everyone is doing the legal limit then should they not all be in the left hand lane, therefore making the right hand lane redundant? Is it wise to insist that all the cars on the road then form a single line of traffic, thus increasing the chances of multiple end to end freeway style accident?
Just a thought.