PDA

View Full Version : LETS LET "LARRY" LIVE LONGER!

MulletMan
20-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Who wants to bet old Larry will cross to the Gulf and get another go on when it passes over water again?
Probably not, maybe, perhaps, but as another cyclone is pushing "him" along and with a central baro reading of 940 MBs this morning, it is still a pretty lively creature and there may be just enough momentum in a westerly direction to stagger over the line and fall into the Gulf waters!
Has happened before as once over water, the monsta sucks it all up and gets all agro once more.
If I say 50% it will and 50% it won't I can't really lose can I?
That way I can claim credit for a brilliant forecast!
OK, to be fair, 51% it will - 49% it won't!
Goes without saying it is to be hoped it dies out pretty quick to safe further damage and injuries!!

Canoedle
20-03-2006, 09:29 PM
I don't care what it does as long as we get some rain!

Dug
20-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Latest compute model shows Larry degenerating into a rain depression. Lets hope it drifts south far enough to give some decent rail and flush out the western rivers.

Lots of destruction but so far no loss of life.

I keep thinking, no looting, no gangs, people helping each other, repairs organized and getting on with things.

Thank god we are Australians NOT Americans!

Canoedle
20-03-2006, 10:08 PM
still, maybe a different story if sydney got hit by cyclone. I'm guessing there were a lot of ppl in New Orleans that were jumping in to help their neighbors too.

el_carpo
21-03-2006, 04:16 AM
Well, how is everyone? I've been following the news on "Loony Larry" and have been worried about you guys. Family, houses, boats and things still where they should be? :-/

I saw some pics of roofs missing and such. Looks pretty rough. Reports of 180 mph winds! I hope you and yours are safe. Best wishes and take care.

EC

I know what you're going through. I live in the midwest US and we get clobbered every spring by tornados. Just had a big bunch of them rip through Missouri and southern Illinois. Took some lives and towns with them. :'(

As far away as Chicago, we had downed trees and torn off roofs. A police car had its roof crushed in by a down burst of wind!

Mother nature is a real pain in the neck sometimes. She is strong too. Lifts weights a lot I hear but I suspect steeroids as well.

............this stinks! :'( I wish it missed you guys. I don't know what else to say. I hope you're safe.

Mad_Barry
22-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Was a fair call PP, but looks like it's chances are getting slimmer now.

Got to say though, for all the bagging the BOM gets from some quarters, you have to give them credit most of the time. They were pretty bloody spot on several days out in their forecasting on when/where Larry would drop in to the coast.

Besides, it sure beats the hell out of just going to bed and the first thing you know of a cyclone is being woken up by rain pelting on your head because your roof blew off. ;)